The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing reaources (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Hello all. I am looking for a list of all the pickpocketing resources, books, dvds, and the such out there. I am currently in a position to increase my library and this is an area I feel is lacking. Any help will be appreciated. If this already exist a link would be likewise appreciated
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'll be out to my storage facility in a day or two. I'll check to see what I have. I'm fairly sure that there is a book or possibly two. There might even be a VHS tape or two.

I'll PM you in a few days.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I look forward to it
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I was "out there" this afternoon, and, found some notes by Harris Solomon, a booklet by Eddie Joseph, published by Percy Abbott, some related articles, and "James Ravel's Theatrical Pickpocketing" written and illustrated by Paul Butler, edited by Mike Caveney. copyright 1988. I also found a couple VHS tapes.

PM me, and, we can talk about it. I did a pickpocket act, about 49 years ago. I was never "great", but, I picked up some "good" money! On a vacation in Europe, I "horsed" for DOMINIQUE.

O
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
kris attard
View Profile
Elite user
Malta
437 Posts

Profile of kris attard
Hi, here's a list of books off the top of my head...

Eddie Joseph - old small book but useful, has different names, just look for the name + pickpocketing
Eddie Joseph - The Art of BodyLoading & Productions (the opposite of pickpocketing but also useful)
Ravel - Theatrical Pickpocketing
Pierre Jacques - Complete Course in Pickpocketing
James Freedman - Pick a Pocket or Two
Ricky Dunn - The Professional Stage Pickpocket
Watch - a good PDF obtainable from Jacques le Sueur of South Africa (http://jacqueslesueur.com/magic/ also on Penguin)
Also if you can find them there was a collection of good instructional articles on Gen many years back by Roger Crosthwaite.

Hope that helps Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pardon me, sir... » » Pickpocketing reaources (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL