The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What are good "Bracket Tricks?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

trampabroad
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of trampabroad
I'm not sure what the correct term for this is, or if there is one. I use it to refer to the tricks set up at the beginning of a show, which are occasionally alluded to and built up to conclude with or near the climax.

In my first show, I had a card selected near the beginning, guessed "wrong" a few times throughout the show, and then had it revealed on the tickets' QR code.

In another show, we did a bill vanish early in the show and had it reappear in a sealed envelope that had been given out earlier.

I imagine the different kinds of card/bill-to-fruit or whatever would also fill this role.

What are some other ideas?
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Special user
and time traveler.
817 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
A simple envelope or box suspended high above the audience from the start of the show can be effective. It's worked well for others in the past.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD will be with you wherever you go."

Joshua 1:9
Nat_lawson
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of Nat_lawson
I love this type of trick, especially when it is completely unexpected in the end. I have found, that memory work works well if that fits your style.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » What are good "Bracket Tricks?" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL