The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smoke 2.0 by Alan Rorrison (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, Sleepymentalism wrote:
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2016, Wayne Liew wrote:
The ability to write make the pen appears less suspicious to the spectators. Great improvement!

Not really...I think its just less hassle.....most specs won't give one about the pen.

Sleepy

True. Confidence is the key to perform Smoke. Perhaps, the added feature in version 2.0 is to help the performer to feel a little more confident to execute the move. He/she wont have to worry about the spectator asking to see the pen. At least, the tip of the pen can be shown! Smile
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Ive been using it for the pas 8 years as it is now and not having to switch helps out no ends... but I'm bias
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
I use to love Smoke but vaping is so common now it's easy to work out with a little back tracking imo. E-cigs killed it for me! Shame as I used to love it!
Wayne Liew
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of Wayne Liew
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, JD_UK wrote:
I use to love Smoke but vaping is so common now it's easy to work out with a little back tracking imo. E-cigs killed it for me! Shame as I used to love it!

Sometimes, I do face the same problem as you. E-cig is way too common now.
Still, a very nice magic effect if executed nicely.
Beauty grabs the eyes. Personality grabs the hearts.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Id disagree there. if you routine this right they should have no clue where the smoke comes from
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
I Agree with Alan, I have used this a bunch since my purchase and have never had anyone figure it out; everything you do with it in a routine has a purpose... and with the v2 you can let them use it to sign a card etc. and there is no heat on it at all.
Magic Man 997
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Magic Man 997
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, scott0819 wrote:
Alan mentioned on FB that he was planning on organizing a FB group for sharing ideas.

That would be great! A place for tips, tricks and troubleshooting would be nice to have.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
I'd agree with Alan. Most of us over think. If things are routines properly, very few even one close to the idea of anyone putting electronic into a sharpie. I mean.. why? For a magic trick? And yep that's why the magic methods work on people. They don't expect things to be gaffed in the first place.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Sorry for posting this on this thread. I tried PM'ing Alan, but no response. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

I love the Smoke effect.

However, I put the gimmick away for 2-3 years. I just stored it in a drawer and away from heat and any dampness. I wanted to revive the effect and start using it again now, but after charging it to a green light, the smoke that I can produce is very little if any at all. I replaced a new cartridge, but it gives me the same little effect or nothing at all. When I suck on it, it excessively burns the back of my throat and I taste a very strong tobacco flavor... NOT Good!!

How can I get a replacement? I'm happy with the original version and I am NOT asking for the 2.0 version.

I remember buying it from Fantasma Magic in New York City about 3 years ago (No receipt anymore). It worked fine before I stored it away.

Thanks.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
@Salby you can get refills @theory11 website, contact them.
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
I don't need refills cartridges... I have plenty.

I feel I have a defected unit that doesn't charge properly and now really burns the back of my throat if I can get what little smoke comes out.

It's defected and Alan is not responding.

I don't feel I need to buy a new unit. It should be replaced.
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, Salby wrote:
I don't need refills cartridges... I have plenty.

I feel I have a defected unit that doesn't charge properly and now really burns the back of my throat if I can get what little smoke comes out.

It's defected and Alan is not responding.

I don't feel I need to buy a new unit. It should be replaced.

Hmmm....If you don't get a replacement from Alan... Which shouldn't happen if I'm honest....you can buy the necessary item incredibly easily and cheaply !

Sleepy
DVYRCKT
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN
76 Posts

Profile of DVYRCKT
I'm going to back Alan here and say this....

2-3 years WAY EXCEEDS any sort of manufacturing warranty. Don't you think contacting the actual manufactures (Theory11) would be the smarter option instead of bashing the creator for not responding?

Do you think Alan is sitting on a 100 gimmicks that was produced 5 years ago?....highly doubt it.

Theory 11 sells replacement "gimmicks" for like $25. Take a photo of you and your DVD case, send it to T11 and they will make your profile able to purchase a replacement....which you left in a drawer for 3 years.

- Davey

ps. this is about Smoke 2.0 not the OG version.
Infographicmagicreviews
View Profile
Regular user
Nelson
137 Posts

Profile of Infographicmagicreviews
I am going to back Alan up for this too. Imagine if you left your car in the garage for 3 years.. and it doesn't start up anymore. No car dealer will replace the battery for you. You are likely to replace the battery at your own cost. If that applies to your car, why would the gimmick be any different? It's electronic product..
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2016, Alan Rorrison wrote:
Id disagree there. if you routine this right they should have no clue where the smoke comes from

Thanks Alan that made me laugh and nearly spit ea over my screen!
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I also replied to this guy via pm. How odd..
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, Salby wrote:
Sorry for posting this on this thread. I tried PM'ing Alan, but no response. Any suggestions would be appreciated.....

I love the Smoke effect.

However, I put the gimmick away for 2-3 years. I just stored it in a drawer and away from heat and any dampness. I wanted to revive the effect and start using it again now, but after charging it to a green light, the smoke that I can produce is very little if any at all. I replaced a new cartridge, but it gives me the same little effect or nothing at all. When I suck on it, it excessively burns the back of my throat and I taste a very strong tobacco flavor... NOT Good!!

How can I get a replacement? I'm happy with the original version and I am NOT asking for the 2.0 version.

I remember buying it from Fantasma Magic in New York City about 3 years ago (No receipt anymore). It worked fine before I stored it away.

Thanks.

So, the instructions say to charge it once a week. You didn't charge it for 2-3 years and yet now you somehow feel like you deserve a replacement. SHEESH!

Posts like this are why there need to be options other than "like this post"
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1279 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
Does Smoke 2.0 produce thick smoke like some vapes I've seen (Nugget) or is it thin and wispy?
I need a dense smoke for something I want to do.
This may work if the smoke is dense.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Dan it produces dense smoke, there's a curving learn to get it right... slow inhale, the more you rush less smoke you get!

Simply love this tool, BRAVO Alan R Smile
jtbmagic
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of jtbmagic
Has anyone experienced problems with charging this? I've received 2 pens so far from Alakazam magic and neither have charged or worked? Waiting on my 3rd!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Smoke 2.0 by Alan Rorrison (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL