The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Old time Clown act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leslie Melville
View Profile
Special user
Blackpool-U.K.
708 Posts

Profile of Leslie Melville
I am researching information on an act I saw forty odd years ago.

Two 'August' red nosed clowns decked out in exotic feathered costume conducting a comedy courtship with the aid of 'Ventrillo' type 'Bird Warblers'.

The entire 'dialogue' consisted of bird sounds, the body language conveying the changing emotions of the 'boy' initially chatting up the coy 'girl'. She in turn succumbs to the flattery, first beginning to cosy up - and then becoming annoyed - giving him a sharp and lengthy rebuke as he takes liberties!

He becomes contrite, apologises and produces a bunch of flowers, resulting in her forgiveness and they leave the stage/circus ring together, re-united in their mutual affection!

The whole piece, about six minutes long, was set to music and beautifully portrayed!
Does anyone remember the name of the act? And/or have a clip?

I would be most grateful. Thanks.

Leslie
Stories....?....That's telling!
thomhaha
View Profile
Regular user
northfield IL
162 Posts

Profile of thomhaha
That sounds familiar, but I haven't been able to locate it. Two places I thought of: sounds like something either from or parodying The Magic Flute: sounds like something the clowns from Pickle Family Circus did. Could not confirm either.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Old time Clown act (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL