The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Master Summit (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Reza,

Congratulations on doing what many of the naysayers here say can’t be done.
You are a good example that “a positive mindset and hard work" will pay off.
Well Done.

Tom
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Why not answer how it is an insult to have a family that cares enough to help? Still haven't managed that from you or Tom.

No it is more important for you to stir the pot as always.

By the way it is also great the way Rezas family wanted him to know the business and sort of forced him to go that route. Great thing as well.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, Dannydoyle wrote:
I still want one of you to explain how a family helping is somehow am insult? You keep demanding apologies and making attacks and never manage an answer.

I'm prob. gonna regret even bothering to speak my voice but ...
Please, spare us with your BS.
You use this board as an ego boast and even a teenager can see through your insecurity.
To be honest you're just an annoyance.

When you accuse someone else's hard work as a result of "family funding", you are disregarding his/her hard work, implying that his/her fortune is made from pure luck that s/he was born into a rich family. Please tell me you are smart enough to understand that. Please at least do us all a favor and admit that is what you meant when you put your fingers on those buttons on your keyboard.

When Reza comes out and tell us he didn't receive any funding from his family, THEN you come out and say "oh well I never said family funding is an insult"
Anyone can see through your words buddy, nice try.

You might have great insights, but you are doing yourself AND EVERYONE a disservice by not being able to communicate them.
If your intention of posting here is to HELP others, then I suggest you use a more effective communication style.
Otherwise, everyone is going to just tune you out because you are simply an annoyance.

But then again, you can always use it as an ego boast "Oh you don't like what I said, that's caz you don't like reality and you don't know #$R#$#"
............... or maybe you really su#k at communications?
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2016, Nash wrote:
I'm prob. gonna regret even bothering to speak my voice

Uh-oh......NOW you've done it......
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:
I still want one of you to explain how a family helping is somehow am insult? You keep demanding apologies and making attacks and never manage an answer.

You use this board as an ego boast and even a teenager can see through your insecurity.

When you accuse someone else's hard work as a result of "family funding", you are disregarding his/her hard work, implying that his/her fortune is made from pure luck that s/he was born into a rich family. Please tell me you are smart enough to understand that. Please at least do us all a favor and admit that is what you meant when you put your fingers on those buttons on your keyboard.

When Reza comes out and tell us he didn't receive any funding from his family, THEN you come out and say "oh well I never said family funding is an insult"
Anyone can see through your words buddy, nice try.

You might have great insights, but you are doing yourself AND EVERYONE a disservice by not being able to communicate them.
If your intention of posting here is to HELP others, then I suggest you use a more effective communication style.
Otherwise, everyone is going to just tune you out because you are simply an annoyance.

But then again, you can always use it as an ego boast "Oh you don't like what I said, that's caz you don't like reality and you don't know #$R#$#"
............... or maybe you really su#k at communications?

Right sure.

Now without insulting me please tell me how what I said was an insult. Not twisting my words or reading into what I said or assuming what I mean.

Tell me why it is an insult without insulting. You lash out like an angry child but still add no substance. Tell me why it was an insult.

Then stop being angry and answer the original question. How do you push through without money?

I went through the litany of hard work that needs to be done regardless of money. It is on YOU making it an insult. That is a you issue. You simply do not get to decide what I meant. It is a question you and Tom and Keith want to ignore. How do you keep going with no money.

Funny part is Reza started to answer it! Then you guys jump in and say I am installing him. You see it is a productive and informative queztion. You want to be upset and cry about a perceived insult. Reza cleared it up and moved on. As a pro seeing it for what it was, a genuine inquiry. Juwt because you can't manage to comprehend the question in no way makes it an insult.

And do you notice how I did all that without lashing back and insulting you?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
thomasR
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of thomasR
Danny please read what Nash said again, and again, and again. It is spot on.

We have real industry leaders like Reza, Shawn, and Dave Womack contributing to this thread. It would be nice if that would be the norm instead of the two ego-tripping regulars who insult almost everyone who posts on here.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
More insulting and no contributing.

Funny how it is always the same ones insulting.

Again please answer my question.

Tell me how one thing I said about the realities of four walling a show is wrong in any way.

Or explain how what I said was wrong in any way in substance. You can't. So you insult as always. That seems more like an ego issue to me.

But to illustrate the point let me ask this.

I have the grades, I want to go to college. But without a family to pay for me to go through medical school how do I push through? Is that insulting? Parents and family pay for things all the time. Didn't a certain Vegas headliner start with some family funding and become a huge success? Why is that somehow insulting his success?

Yea Nash maybe actually reading what is written and not reading into what is written will help some.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
Quote:

This is my absolute FAVORITE part of this board by the way. Nash how about you give us your psychology credentials? You have chosen to make complex diagnosis about insecurity and ego boast. (I assume you mean boost right?) Now back that up with some experience in psychology for me if you don't mind.

See my assumption, and it is an assumption mind you so if I am wrong I am sorry, is that you have NO credentials in psychology to even come CLOSE to making such a diagnosis based simply on what you want to read online. (I have a feeling if you had credentials "ego boast" might not have come out. Even when I Google the term it corrects to Ego Boost.)

People throw around pop psychology terms that they really don't know the definitions of and make a diagnosis of what they read online and assign tone or meaning when they have no clue. ALL tone is added by the reader in online communication and I am not in control of the tone YOU ADD to a post Nash. IF you thought I was taking shots at him or what not that is on you. Then when I DO clear it up, YOU tell me that I mean something else. How can one communicate with a guy who has only preconceived notions and won't back up and say "oh OK that is what you meant"? That is ALL on you, not on me.

See part of communication is on you. You have to pay attention and listen. I can't control that for you. It is not on me to make you comprehend or listen. I have told you what I wrote and what was meant. You CHOOSE to ignore it and attack me for it. It might be something to consider. Maybe the reason you are so annoyed is you simply don't listen. You have your truth and you go with that. Many here do, you are not alone. But when someone clears up what was said what would make you want to persist in believing something bad? I just don't get it.

People here do it CONSTANTLY. They carry grudges (As is seen on this very thread.), they keep old anger and old preconceived notions and yea it will hurt your ability to learn even more than not having a "rival".
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1101 Posts

Profile of Nash
I'm not a psychologist but I am active in the mental health field, however, that's irrelevant.
You asked why it is insulting to imply someone's success is a result of family funding, I explained in details in my post so read it again if you want.
Again, if you really want to help with your great insight, while more than 1 person points out your communication style isn't helpful, maybe it is time to reflect?

But oh well, its an internet forum. You do what you want, moving on.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Maybe here is the issue. I NEVER implied or stated his success was a result of money. Obviously you need to read all my posts in this thread. The money is only a small part. There is a TON OF other work.

But again since that was not the implication in the least maybe your comprehension is the problem.

Oh and when it is the same guys ALWAYS stirring the pot I take it less seriously. And like I said it is also not my job to worry how to communicate with the hot house flowers. Either don't read the post or move along. It is that simple.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, magicreza wrote:
Just to set the record straight... my family never "funded" my career. They had the financial means to, but instead wanted to teach me how to start and run a business myself, from an early age. And I'm extremely grateful for that... even though I skinned my knees plenty of times in the process.

As far as Danny Doyle's viewpoint on Branson: it sounds pretty realistic and maybe even reflecting personal experience. In fact, I'm surprised I've never heard his name before. But I think he's right. For anyone coming into a saturated market run by ticket brokers... 4-walling without name recognition can be tough math. But there's different approaches. I started working in Branson at age 14 as an opening act, grunt, backstage hand, etc. just trying to learn the ropes. I took what I learned and hit the road to begin building a career. I didn't come back to town as a headliner until I had the ability to secure a guaranteed contract and the right venue. If someone invested big money into me early on, in hopes of fast-tracking that dream, they would have surely lost their investment.

If anyone has the itch to perform in Branson but isn't in a position to fund it themselves (or give up a steady pay-check) there's plenty of opportunities to perform as featured acts in different shows, theme parks, etc. Then once established, who knows what doors can open up when the time is right...

Here was the response from Reza. Great insight, no offense taken simply set the record straight. Those looking to be offended for him are doing so for their own reasons and most are fairly obvious.

So go ahead and explain to me how it is offensive to have family invest in you Nash. Reza does not seem offended, probably because he knows what I was saying. Why not stop the stupid bickering? We have a guy who was giving insight and you guys want to stir trouble and call names.

There are 1,000 questions off the top of my head I think he would be amazing at answering about the business end. Not only in Branson but touring and logistics. Things nobody here even thinks about. So instead of the nonsense why not talk with the guy who Knows? I don't CARE HOW one is funded those things are a nightmare. Those are the things that separate good touring acts from really busy ones. You can't throw enough money at that stuff to be a success.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
It does seem that those with less experience in the topic being discussed seem to have the most difficulty reading Danny's posts and content with understanding.
Yehoshua
View Profile
Regular user
Turnersville, NJ
159 Posts

Profile of Yehoshua
O. M. G. .....nobody cares o_o.

Please stop destroying competent and helpful threads with mindless bickering.

This isn't just at Danny, this is at everyone who keeps tossing gasoline on the fire!

Words were typed, feelings were hurt. Suck it up, cub scouts, and move on!

If you want to bicker...take it to Skype.

The Magic Café is a place where "Magicians help Magicians". People looking for help shouldn't have to dig through pages of useless drivel to find what they're looking for. The internet is full of enough garbage.

Sheesh! ....if I wanted comment wars, I'd go to magic videos on YouTube.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Aug 16, 2016, Cafécheckers wrote:
It does seem that those with less experience in the topic being discussed seem to have the most difficulty reading Danny's posts and content with understanding.

Yeah I agree and we see it more and more. Some people can realize that perhaps not all thread and topics are for them. If you can't comprehend or understand it or if it's over your head or not of interest to you, move on, as others have said why comment and take a helpful thread in such an off course direction? If it's not your cup of tea, cool. But why post negatively or post no actual or useful content? Members come here to see what's happening, what's being discussed and to learn. I do not understand the need to sabotage that.

I believe there are some here that ARE interested in producing their own shows, and ARE interested in the rarely talked about topic of funding. It can be one of the greatest obstacles and issues in doing your own show or standing between you and opportunity. Not everything here needs to be basic surface level stuff, some want deeper probing and discussions. I too would like to hear more about Reza and others thoughts on this.

I also think it will help David to get some insight into what areas and topics are of interest for any upcoming summits he may produce.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Aug 17, 2016, Yehoshua wrote:
O. M. G. .....nobody cares o_o.

Please stop destroying competent and helpful threads with mindless bickering.

This isn't just at Danny, this is at everyone who keeps tossing gasoline on the fire!

Words were typed, feelings were hurt. Suck it up, cub scouts, and move on!

If you want to bicker...take it to Skype.

The Magic Café is a place where "Magicians help Magicians". People looking for help shouldn't have to dig through pages of useless drivel to find what they're looking for. The internet is full of enough garbage.

Sheesh! ....if I wanted comment wars, I'd go to magic videos on YouTube.

Yea this.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
cafecheckers
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of cafecheckers
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2016, magicreza wrote:. I took what I learned and hit the road to begin building a career. I didn't come back to town as a headliner until I had the ability to secure a guaranteed contract and the right venue.

Back on topic - I found this interesting. Is this arrangement still considered 4 walling? Also, I was wondering if 4 Walling is harder or easier that it used to be. Is there ways to more economically promote to the masses than traditional means? How does current audience interests in attending such events compare to other times?

Really getting back to the original topic - for those who gave praise to the videos directed towards 4 walling, what specific piece(s) of information did you take away from it that inspired you to share your viewpoint?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I have no idea what Reza has as a specific deal.

4 walling is generally considered when you rant the room. That is all you get and the rest is up to you.

I know of few other than this in Branson. Some are 2 wall deals where they provide a room and you the show and you share expenses.

These are generalities and have nothing to do with Reza.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes see an add really isn't helpful LOL.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
But that being said seeing a touring illusion show for $15 bucks is a STEAL. Paying $35 to see a touring illusion show is a great price. Those restored Vaudeville houses are amazing venues as well. If I was close I would Definately go.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Since this is the business section and Hugo brought up that it's not a 2/4 wall deal, it would be great for him to discuss the type of arrangement he uses for such acts if he's really interested in contributing to the topic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Magic Master Summit (18 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL