The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Coin Vs Egyptian Ink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
Does anyone have Invisible Coin by Smagic Productions? Seems to be a similar routine to Egyptian Ink by Abdullah Mahmoud and SansMinds Creative Lab; where a signed coin switches but seems to be a little cleaner as in the trailer you can examine both coins straight away; looks like it could be more usable then Egyptian Ink.. thoughts ?

Invisible Coin : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S21427

Egyptian Ink : http://www.sansminds.com/index.php/new-a......ink.html
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Good question. I was thinking the same thing.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
I think it's hard to tell from the demo video. Obviously there is additional writing that has to take place just like EI which is not shown in the demo video. And IF this is the case I would think EI would be more visually appealing since the change takes place in real time and not in closed hands. But clarification would be great. Hope someone can comment?

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
BritishMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Phoenix. Az
187 Posts

Profile of BritishMagic
The thing that caught my attention about it is that the spectator ends with the coin in their hand (and from the trailer ) it looks like you end clean.
I have read from the EI threads on the Café that the cleanup is really bad on EI (having to sign the coin yourself afterwards)
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
This looks like the cleanup is superb , the coin can land on the spec's hands for them to keep , so far I don't see this company going for super misleading trailers so I'll trust what's seen on the demo and based on my understanding . I however don't mind about the less visual appearance of the signature , it happens in the spectator's closed fist with my closed fists , I guess that's strong enough . I was actually thinking that all these maybe possible with just a SansMinds sharpie though haha ... Just Maybe ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, Legendary Wizard wrote:
This looks like the cleanup is superb , the coin can land on the spec's hands for them to keep , so far I don't see this company going for super misleading trailers so I'll trust what's seen on the demo and based on my understanding . I however don't mind about the less visual appearance of the signature , it happens in the spectator's closed fist with my closed fists , I guess that's strong enough . I was actually thinking that all these maybe possible with just a SansMinds sharpie though haha ... Just Maybe ...

What? I would love to trust what's on the demo and what is on the demo probably is accurate. What's not on the demo is what's the most important thing to consider just as it was with EI. Neither EI or IC show a full performance demo so we don't know what the "important/secret" steps are that will be needed to accomplish the effect.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7527 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, BritishMagic wrote:
The thing that caught my attention about it is that the spectator ends with the coin in their hand (and from the trailer ) it looks like you end clean.
I have read from the EI threads on the Café that the cleanup is really bad on EI (having to sign the coin yourself afterwards)

If you have performance experience you can easily accomplish the cleanup for EI. If you are a beginner I definitely do not recommend EI.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2016, Legendary Wizard wrote:

What? I would love to trust what's on the demo and what is on the demo probably is accurate. What's not on the demo is what's the most important thing to consider just as it was with EI. Neither EI or IC show a full performance demo so we don't know what the "important/secret" steps are that will be needed to accomplish the effect.

Shall see if it's accurate after someone takes the plunge . I've no trouble performing EI , and I don't expect this cleanup or other procedure to be worse than EI . So hope it's well .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
I submitted a review of this on another thread, which actually may have been for a different effect with the same name. This thread is about Invisible Coin by Smagic so I’m posting the link to my review here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Laffski
JonathanW
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of JonathanW
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2018, Laffski wrote:
I submitted a review of this on another thread, which actually may have been for a different effect with the same name. This thread is about Invisible Coin by Smagic so I’m posting the link to my review here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

Laffski

read your review. I have a version of this effect. it's almost exactly the same but my versions pretty practical. I have been thinking of putting it in an ebook I'm working on...maybe I should lol. I can pm a short performance video if anyone is interested. If people like it ill add it to the Ebook. I have a video on google drive from when I was submitting some stuff to a magic company.
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
I HOPE this isn't the same as E.ink, because... it don't work.. And it's a joke..
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Invisible coin looks really good
Laffski
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of Laffski
JonathanW, I’d be interested to see a performance of what you’ve come up with. Always interested to see what others are doing. If you post a link to it I’ll check it out.

Ceierry, I’m not familiar with the method of E-ink but based on the reviews I’ve seen it sounds like it is very similar to Invisible Coin in terms of the demo being misleading, and the practicality/weaknesses of the method making it a junk drawer purchase - just like IC was for me. That’s my take, anyway.

Laffski
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
I think you wrote your review on the wrong thread since if you read the actual effect being described in the thread linked by Laffski, it I volfes a card and a coin...not just two coins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Invisible Coin Vs Egyptian Ink (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL