The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Lou Tannen Magic Catalogs (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
57 Posts

Profile of deaton
Way back in the 60's when I lived in NYC I used to visit Tannen's Magic Shop. Now I collect those iconic numbered Tannen catalogs a.k.a. Wish Books. Thus far I have eight sequential catalogs numbered 5 thru 12. So, duh, catalogs 1 thru 4 remain to be added. Does anyone know how many catalogs beyond number 12 were printed before Tony Spina took over the business? Thanks for any help! Smile
Original Old Town Magic Shop owner near Walt Disney World. Former Bozo the Clown in S.W. Ohio TV market. Was the founder and artistic director of Pinocchio's Maroionette Theater in Central Florida. Actor, writer, director, magic and spook show enthusiast.
deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
57 Posts

Profile of deaton
AHA! Here's an update to my previous post from all of an hour ago. lol. Currently on eBay a Tannen Catalog #15 is being offered along with a Tony Spina Tannen Catalog #17. So, there must have been Catalogs numbered 13, 14, and 16. AND THAT MEANS the catalogs I have yet to collect are 1, 2, 3, 4, 13, 14, 15, 16, and 17. Smile
Original Old Town Magic Shop owner near Walt Disney World. Former Bozo the Clown in S.W. Ohio TV market. Was the founder and artistic director of Pinocchio's Maroionette Theater in Central Florida. Actor, writer, director, magic and spook show enthusiast.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6958 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Next time that I'm out to my storage facility, I'll check the shelf with Tannen catalogs, and, if I have any, I'll PM you.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
deaton
View Profile
New user
Winter Park Florida
57 Posts

Profile of deaton
Thank You, Dick! I'd really appreciate it. Dave Smile
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I have Tannen #1 - 19
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6958 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Dave!!

I have 2 each of Nos. 9 10 11 12 and 1 each of 13 14 & 15.

I'll PM you.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
823 Posts

Profile of 252life
Lol we could have bumped into each other Smile
What a way to spend an afternoon back in the day...sigh

The Tannens catalog was the ultimate Wush Book.
Had more fun reading it then, then I do using the Net today.

252Nostalgic
jasonh1982
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jasonh1982
Does anyone know what year catalog #17 and #18 came out?
nytaylor21
View Profile
New user
Utah
55 Posts

Profile of nytaylor21
I spent hours looking through these catalogs! I agree...black and white pictures and some convincing ad copy was much more exciting to me than searching the web is today, even with demo videos. I believe #18 was ~1995.
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
823 Posts

Profile of 252life
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2016, nytaylor21 wrote:
I spent hours looking through these catalogs! I agree...black and white pictures and some convincing ad copy was much more exciting to me than searching the web is today, even with demo videos. I believe #18 was ~1995.

Remember when you didn't even want anyone to know where the magic store was?
I never foresaw the horrors of the net for us lol.
Reading through those catalogs actually taught me a lot in retrospect.
jasonh1982
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of jasonh1982
Thank you and that makes sense. I moved in 1994 and that is when I started in magic, so #17 must have been printed around that time. I was trying to remember when I started.

Quote:
On Dec 13, 2016, nytaylor21 wrote:
252life
View Profile
Special user
Ninth Circle, Hades
823 Posts

Profile of 252life
I left NYC in '95...I'm starting to feel ancient ugh

252Old
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I have #16 it has Doug Henning on the cover......the catalogue is a hardback
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Fyi: Catalog #2: SOFT and HARDCOVER versions.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Lou Tannen Magic Catalogs (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL