The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Story magic based on personal experience. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2315 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Here is one of my favourite storytelling pieces. It is quite autobiographical: https://youtu.be/ehQ_foCBj8I

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
Sebastian Oudot
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere Between Two Worlds
197 Posts

Profile of Sebastian Oudot
Nice routine and I love the storytelling.

I believe magic can be much more engaging for the audience if we use our own personality into the presentation.

It becomes an intimate and powerful experience more than just a trick. And in a more natural way.

This way of thinking is something I would like to use to introduce a story/effect about Jack the Ripper.

When I was living in London, I had a personal experience with a strange coincidence in the Whitechapel district.

But as Tony Chris would say: "That's a story for another day"
mysticmelville
View Profile
New user
Scotland
51 Posts

Profile of mysticmelville
I agree,
my background as a visual artist has contributed to being able to vary my presentations considerably. I have been fortunate to work some quite old and exclusive venues and there are paintings on the walls. I worked quite regularly in one particular place and made it my business to learn about certain paintings and their history. As my background is portraiture I could touch on the techniques used in the paintings too.
Anyway I find having a wide area of interest can help in tailoring the magic to the venue and to my experiences as an artist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Story magic based on personal experience. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL