The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharp Shot by Taiwan Ben (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I would think that to create a "rip gaff" would be pretty easy.
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Does anyone have issues getting the 90 degree angle talked about in the video. To the the nature of the magnets I cannot get it to stay at 90 degrees and I am unable to achieve the handling as tought in the video. If anyone has any insight please PM me, thank you.
Dirty Deek
View Profile
New user
Indiana, USA
35 Posts

Profile of Dirty Deek
"Does anyone have issues getting the 90 degree angle talked about in the video."

You simply CANNOT get the small end to stay at 90 degrees like in the vimeo link. Once out of 50 tries will it stay that way. If you let it lay up along the length of the long end of the pen, it will still work 1 in 50 tries. Most times it ends up on the floor. I bought mine at the Indianapolis Penguin show. I suspect the salesmen at these shows (any show) use a prop that is sure to work every time...for THEM.

2) After 2 hrs. of practicing I still can't get it. NO trick should take more than two hrs. to learn...not a $20 one anyway.
**Also... a CRISP bill helps. You'll wear out an ordinary bill trying to make it work.

3) Did you ever notice these demonstrators both in person and video are little, nimble guys with monkey like fingers ? This has a LOT to do with performing any trick. I cam "palm" a beer can *** near..I'm finding out that tricks were a LOT easier to do when I was a kid. Didn't take near as long to get it down.
The only magic I'm seeing today is the prop companies profits go up. Already contacted Penguin. Sending mine back. Just not worth the effort. From now on, if I can't "play" with the trick for awhile, I'm not buying it.
"Pay No Attention to That Man Behind The Curtain"
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, jruiz0216 wrote:
Does anyone have issues getting the 90 degree angle talked about in the video. To the the nature of the magnets I cannot get it to stay at 90 degrees and I am unable to achieve the handling as tought in the video. If anyone has any insight please PM me, thank you.

Maybe it's me, but I've been using this for my restaurant gigs for months, I have no issues with it holding at that angle.
You just have to make sure it's slightly up the side, NOT right at the tip.
When performance angles don't permit it, I just hold the tip beneath the bill & penetrate from above.
This is one of my "go to" effects, in fact I bought a spare just in case.
jruiz0216
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of jruiz0216
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2017, tomdeg wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, jruiz0216 wrote:

Maybe it's me, but I've been using this for my restaurant gigs for months, I have no issues with it holding at that angle.
You just have to make sure it's slightly up the side, NOT right at the tip.
When performance angles don't permit it, I just hold the tip beneath the bill & penetrate from above.
This is one of my "go to" effects, in fact I bought a spare just in case.

I have tried on and off for several months to no avail as taught on the DL. I've come up with a few alternative handling that get the job done
thanks,
j.Ruiz
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4166 Posts

Profile of warren
So were there any differences between this and the regular sharpie thru bill and if so what are they ?
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Oct 11, 2017, warren wrote:
So were there any differences between this and the regular sharpie thru bill and if so what are they ?

Never used the other.
The "gimick" in this one is really strong, the selling point for me was being able to pull it straight out of the bill right in front of the spectators eyes, unlike the slide to the side removal of other thru the bill pens.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Love mine
danster08
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of danster08
I recently purchased Sharpshot. I am really enjoying this, but I consistently have one issue and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. If so, does anyone have any tips on it. When I pull the sharpie straight out, as taught, the tip goes back on the sharpie sideways, rather than straight. Obviously this makes the method very obvious. Anyone else having this and can help?
Daniel Lee
317-941-6FUN
http://danielleemagic.com/
tomdeg
View Profile
Veteran user
303 Posts

Profile of tomdeg
Quote:
On Dec 27, 2017, danster08 wrote:
I recently purchased Sharpshot. I am really enjoying this, but I consistently have one issue and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. If so, does anyone have any tips on it. When I pull the sharpie straight out, as taught, the tip goes back on the sharpie sideways, rather than straight. Obviously this makes the method very obvious. Anyone else having this and can help?

You mean when pulling it out of the bill, (after penetration)?
Always works for me, try to penetrate slightly to one side rather than center bill.
Then hold opposite/wider end with fingers. Pull straight out quickly.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1997 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Product description : Pen through bill is a very famous routine in magic, every magician saw this trick once in their life I think. However, the different versions out there are not all top quality, and sometimes use weird looking pen. Taiwan Ben has designed a Sharpie through bill gimmick which looks like a rela Sharpie and from which you can remove the cap easily. It’s not revolutionary in terms of routine but the tool is new and made out very well. But is worth the extra money asked ? Let’s find out.

Price and where to buy it : This is sold at $24.95 and you can find it in nearly every Murphy's magic partner !

What you get : The packaging is very good, it’s a squared cardboard box in which the gimmick fits. I quite like the artwork that have been done on the packaging, it’s a good one and not a crappy paper box which does not give credits to the actual prop. You’ll find a small paper inside the box with a link in order to watch the explanation video, it’s well made and teaches you what you need to know about the gimmick and how to use it, it’s simple and straight to the point. The actual gimmick is very well made and very strong, it looks and feels like a real Sharpie. Overall, it’s not that expensive for what it is and it’s really well made so if you’re into this kind of routine, this is a no brainer !

Teaser : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXo5bLPOivM

The pros and the cons : Here is the core of my review, let's begin with the cons, as I will usually be doing, I prefer to keep the good things for the end.

THE CONS :
Unlike other pen gimmick, you won’t be able to hand this one out for examination because of how it’s made. Not a big deal but it’s still interesting to have this feature.
The actual gimmick is very strong so you won’t be able to the usual moves you were used to with other gimmicks.

THE PROS :
It’s really well made as I said, it looks like a real Sharpie and feels like one, so you won’t have any problem switching it in and out for a real one. I advise you to do your regular routine which uses a normal Sharpie (signed card for example) and then switch it for Sharp Shot.
The way the gimmick is made will allow you to remove the cap very easily, which is a nice little convincer that the Sharpie is “normal”.
The fact that the gimmick is strong allows you to use other objects rather than a bill, you can use a glass for example but that’s not it, your imagination will do the job when it comes to find out objects you can use with it.
This is a modern addition to the pen through bill family.

Overall rating : This is a very good addition to the pen through bill family, it’s the first Sharpie through bill I’ve seen and it’s well made, if you like what you see on the trailer, you won’t be disappointed by Sharp Shot, 3/4 hearts.

As for the difficulty level, it’s very easy to use and you should get used to it quickly, 1/5 stars.

Similar products : I really like Ignition by Magicsmith which uses a key instead of a pen which makes the trick very organic in my opinion.

If you liked this review, make sure to check all my other ones on my website: http://lesavisdalexis.wixsite.com/reviews
Get yourself Stamper and MONU, the perfect walkaround packet tricks: https://youtu.be/rwtfeKFeLms & https://youtu.be/yz5yKlI-4w8

Make sure to check my English review Channel! http://www.youtube.com/c/alexisreviews
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2016, Larry Davidson wrote:
This version, like other pen through bill versions that lack a "rip gaff" (invented by Jim Krenz), doesn't look like a real penetration.

I see that it does. I look at it as a magical happening, pushing an object through another object. There is no alteration of the items.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sharp Shot by Taiwan Ben (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL