The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
For those using Morgans, you may want to test with filling in the japanese symbols. It might help with the contrast.

Also, while using my original Ike set, the Japanese coins got darker with the contrast being amplified. They actually look more authentic. This may actually help with with Morgans. I am not sure because I do not have a Morgan set but it is worth noting.

Still a superb set no matter which version it is.
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Here is another routine of mine with JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition":
https://vimeo.com/199390648

Darko
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
Just beautiful Darko!!!
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Nice work Darko..
dj
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of dj
Thanks.
gillesA4
View Profile
Special user
Brussels, Belgium
593 Posts

Profile of gillesA4
My absolute best buy for years!
Just used a permanent marker to highlight the japanese characters, looks a little bit more "real" to me...
You can still use a cotton bud and alcohol to remove the ink, if you don't like the result!
Thanks JJ!
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them. (A. Einstein)
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1907 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
Quote:
On Jan 16, 2017, gillesA4 wrote:
My absolute best buy for years!
Just used a permanent marker to highlight the japanese characters, looks a little bit more "real" to me...
You can still use a cotton bud and alcohol to remove the ink, if you don't like the result!
Thanks JJ!

Nice. Would also give them greater contrast with the dollars.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, videoman wrote:
The Morgan's JJ supplies are replicas which have a yellowish brassy metal inside.
It's possible if you supplied your own real Morgan's he could make you up a set in those.

Oh, forgot all about that! Haha, duh Smile
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, dj wrote:
Here is another routine of mine with JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition:

Darko

Very nice routine dj... Smile I like the play with just 2 coins here. Great imagination being shown with this NEW set from John...I know he's very proud and honored by the wonderful efforts that have been displayed. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received my coin set. This is the most beautiful coin set I have ever purchased! Love it!

kj
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
JJ,

Is there any possibility of you making one of these in quarters? I do a lot of very casual magic and I do a lot of magic with quarters, either un-gimmicked coins and/or using a shell. I would love to carry one of these in the coin pouch in my regular wallet.

kj
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
+1
I would also absolutely buy a set in quarters.
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
+2 for a quarter set.

Jim
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
The more I play with this set the more I fall in love with it. Best money I've spent in a long time !!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Great to see that people like the work so much that they are envisioning it with other coins...Even quarters, I see now. Smile

I know John is mapping out possibly doing the halves, but quarters would be even thinner....Hmmmm. Still, if anyone can make it happen it would be John, as he's always thinking about these things...That's how he came up with such a dynamically unique take with these new split coins. Smile

I understand the interest in quarters...It's perhaps the one coin of any notable size that most people would carry on them. So it would be easy to ask people for them and then switch in (& out) the gimmick. I can see it...Nice! Well, John knows of this and hopefully the old wheels are a turnin'. Smile

In the meantime, he's got some other goodies up his sleeve to hopefully appear in the coming months. Smile

*Oh, and hey, I meant to also say that dj's presentation (above here) with John's NEW coins looked a little like Samoya...at least it sorta reminded me of it.

Really good piece of work! Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9531 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2017, JohnnyPD wrote:
Well, I got my JJs Coin Coalition set last evening and it kept me busy for pretty much the rest of that night. I am more than pleased. It is just as has been described and more. I've purchased gaff coins from Roy Kueppers, Tango, and Johnson. One of my magic mentors has a really nice set of Morgans that I think might be Lassens. I just know he paid upwards of $300-$500 for his set, which were real nice cause I got to work with them a few minutes. I have to say that of all the coin gaffs I've encountered (bought, worked with, or had presented to me) this is the VERY BEST gaff coin set that is available anywhere at any price.

This is the first time that I've ever bought ANY trick, gaff, gimmick, or magic device of any kind that was $50 or more and I honestly felt like I got my money's worth AND more!...

Thanks again Mb for sharing.

Yet another extremely happy customer... Smile

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2017, Mb217 wrote:
Great to see that people like the work so much that they are envisioning it with other coins...Even quarters, I see now. Smile

I know John is mapping out possibly doing the halves, but quarters would be even thinner....Hmmmm. Still, if anyone can make it happen it would be John, as he's always thinking about these things...That's how he came up with such a dynamically unique take with these new split coins. Smile

I understand the interest in quarters...It's perhaps the one coin of any notable size that most people would carry on them. So it would be easy to ask people for them and then switch in (& out) the gimmick. I can see it...Nice! Well, John knows of this and hopefully the old wheels are a turnin'. Smile

In the meantime, he's got some other goodies up his sleeve to hopefully appear in the coming months. Smile

*Oh, and hey, I meant to also say that dj's presentation (above here) with John's NEW coins looked a little like Samoya...at least it sorta reminded me of it.

As for the thickness of quarters, if each coin were only half as thick as a regular quarter, that would make the set only 1.5 times the thickness. I would be happy with that. You have to remember, while the one coin would be just a little thicker, that can easily be disguised by the angle of the coin. In addition, if the individual coins had a bit more thickness at half a coin rather than a third of a coin, that would make the individual coins look better.

KJ
Craigers
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Craigers
[quote]On Jan 20, 2017, Mb217 wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2017, JohnnyPD wrote:
Well, I got my JJs Coin Coalition set last evening and it kept me busy for pretty much the rest of that night. I am more than pleased. It is just as has been described and more. I've purchased gaff coins from Roy Kueppers, Tango, and Johnson. One of my magic mentors has a really nice set of Morgans that I think might be Lassens. I just know he paid upwards of $300-$500 for his set, which were real nice cause I got to work with them a few minutes. I have to say that of all the coin gaffs I've encountered (bought, worked with, or had presented to me) this is the VERY BEST gaff coin set that is available anywhere at any price.

This is the first time that I've ever bought ANY trick, gaff, gimmick, or magic device of any kind that was $50 or more and I honestly felt like I got my money's worth AND more!...

Couldn't agree more. just performed the main routine for my son and a bunch of his mates, and they were gobsmacked. They think I'm God !!. Not bad for a mere hobbyist and a couple of hrs of practice. I cannot recommendd this enough !!

Yet another extremely happy customer... Smile
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Jan 18, 2017, Mb217 wrote:

Yes, I see some similarity there also. Very smooth moves with this set compared to a traditional "Samoya Set" of coins. Looks great.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Are these available from any dealers, just wondering if I could pick a set up from Blackpool
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » This Jurney Keeps Getting Better: JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (66 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL