The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5122 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Star, you're kidding right?

David Roth, Expert Magic Made Easy, $37 for 49 effects = $0.71 each.

Michael Rubinstein, Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights, $73.41 for 115 effects = $0.64 each.

Harry Lorayne, Best Ever Collection, $104 for 137 effects = $0.76 each.

I could go on, but why?

Jim
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2021 Posts

Profile of warren
Does anyone have an email address for John as there isn't one on his site and I'm trying to contact him regards my order, if so perhaps you could send it to me via pm.

Thanks
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1376 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
For those who have a Replica Morgan set, how has the coin hold up during time ? I've had bad experience with Replica that got darker, nearly black over time and manipulation. How are your set ? It would be good to know before buying one.

Thanks !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
I just bought this set at Magic Live 2017. I already own the Johnny Wong set and was very pleased to the point of wanting another set for back up. But I was hoping for a deal. $140 for a set I already own is a bit steep. (My brother gifted me half the price as a present.) Then I went to the Steven's Magic Emporium booth and was blown away at the quality of the coin set. When I saw JJ's antiqued version, I was more sold than ever, and at $90, they couldn't take my money fast enough. These coins look GREAT, and REAL! This set will be in my show and the Wong set will be the back up! These coins are so beautiful. And JJ was awesome to talk to.

Now the downside, if you can call it that. They are not for beginners. They will talk if you don't know how to handle them. They do come with an optional Teflon sticker to curb the sound if you wish. You will have to ink in the Japanese Kanji writing and get it just right. And if you do, they look spectacular! JJ prefers to not ink them.

The brass will age naturally and the coins will look better over time. Another reason I do not use the Teflon stickers. They will also talk less over time as they smooth out. The Wong coins will need a replacement sticker over time.

Final conclusion: both coin set will do what you need them to do. But the JJ set look way better and will look even better over time, and for $50 less! You don't get as much instruction as you do if you buy from Paul Richards or Johnny Wong that come with a DVD. But it won't be an issue if you already know what to do with them.

-Migz
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2021 Posts

Profile of warren
I forgot to do a follow up post to say that I managed to contact John, I received my order and like many before me was really pleased with the product and would definitely recommend this coin set to anyone Smile
MitchC
View Profile
Loyal user
Ventura CA
285 Posts

Profile of MitchC
Ordered my set. Should be here tomorrow or Monday. Can't wait.

Hey, can someone point me to a thread on smoothing / aging my Morgan replicas as shown in of MB's posts in this thread ? Bleach, steel wool, Morgan Magic Wand etc ? LOL Thanks !
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
2021 Posts

Profile of warren
Having got to use this in the real world now I can definitely vouch for it's effectiveness as this has now become my opener at tables. Packs small and plays BIG !!
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here's a little clip... just playing!

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc

some nice vanishes in there!
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
On the price per trick.

Wow! J-Mac,

I never broke down those prices like that! That's interesting to think of them that way. Think of all that work done for that little financial return. You gotta love the art when you release something! It has to be more than money in my opinion.
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Special user
Norfolk, UK
656 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Quote:
On Oct 17, 2017, BrotherJeffrey wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 28, 2016, simplymagicweb wrote:
Here's a little clip... just playing!

https://youtu.be/o7GEnrA3LYc

some nice vanishes in there!

Thank you Bro Jeffrey - I think the fantastic coin set does most of the hard work though!!!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of Secret Servante, Genetics, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » New & Improved: "JJ's NEW "Coin Coalition" (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL