The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chaos by Mathieu Bich (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
@ e-man Smile
Mp51998
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mp51998
Seriously, please explain it to me.
Mp51998
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mp51998
You can't just expect people to learn your procedures immediately. And making emojis doesn't really help.
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
Mp, it is simple. One does not come to a public forum and not too inconspicuously ask for the method of an effect. You want to know how similar the method is to the OCD Deck? Buy Chaos. It's simple. It is understandable that if you have the OCD Deck, you wouldn't want to buy a trick that uses the same principle (which I am not saying Chaos does, just using it as an example). What I can tell you is that the overall method is incredible. Just, don't go fishing in a public forum. Not even on a private one for that matter...

-Alex
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Quote:
On Dec 11, 2016, Mp51998 wrote:
Guys is this the same principle used in OCD deck by Sansminds?

Of course it's the same principle , it's using magic , it's all using magic !! First , you've to get a wand , a magic wand ... Then , you've to get Chaos , just one click away .

I'm stunned at the gimmickery involved , and so will you . Fishing for method isn't necessary , you could've just fished out some cash and get it .
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Mp51998
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Mp51998
Interesting. I just received the cards and the instructional video and I was expecting a little more... It's not something I thought it was, but it is. However, Mathieu Bich does an amazing job explaining Chaos along with all of the subtleties. Again, the gimmickery wasn't much, but there is one thing in the deck that makes it very special. Overall, this is NOT an instant rest masterpiece and I believe this routine should be done in quiet situations to get the ideal presentational opportunities.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Which dealer in the UK has Chaos please? Thank you in advance.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Zilch. Nada. None. Nil. Zero.
MagicAndrew99
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of MagicAndrew99
Hey there! where can I get the glue from chaos ? i´m searching all over the world and I can´t find him, thansk!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Got this today, along with Break by Uday(another good one)
yes, it's heavily gaffed, but it's WAY easier than I thought it would be, and taught really well.
If you're worried about the gimmickry, just move on to your next effect or use a deck switcher, if you have to let it be examined.
I think this will get great reactions.
carlwag
View Profile
Special user
Huddersfield ,West yorkshire
747 Posts

Profile of carlwag
Great effect by mathieu, not hard to master , practice will be needed to get smooth .
The deck is cleverly gimmicked , another winner by mathieu

Carl
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
After watching the trailer - I was fooled, this is a helluva of a effect.
I may press the buy button now, this looks so good.
lnlver
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of lnlver
Could you finish this performance with a flash deck switch and let your audience be able to examine the deck?
thecromulent
View Profile
Veteran user
Brooklyn, NY
390 Posts

Profile of thecromulent
I see no reason why you couldn't, but it seems like an awkward element to add. If you're going to do a deck switch, when why not just rely on the switch as the method, rather than the cleanup? I.e., a quick and undetectable switch between a shuffled and new-deck-order pack seems like a great effect on its own. To add a deck switch to Chaos would mean spreading the shuffled pack, closing it, spreading it again to show it ordered, then closing it again, then doing the switch on the way to handing it out. You cannot let them examine the spread pack, so the extra step seems like it might add more suspicion on the way to clearing it up.

I've admittedly only done effect this a few times, but I find it better to do deck switches from ungaffed to gaffed packs _before_ doing the gaffed-deck effect. I usually start with a couple of tricks with a regular pack--or close enough to regular that it can be handled by a spectator--put it in my pocket for a non-card effect, then pull the gaffed pack out of the same (or even another) pocket. The spectators have gotten used to the idea of a normal pack for a few other routines, and don't suspect that all of a sudden you've got something gimmicky in your hands. Chaos is made up in Maiden backs, but no laymen will ever notice the change from red Bicycles.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Today I bought Chaos by Mathieu Bich.
I may write a review soon...
The Great Dave
View Profile
Loyal user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
202 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
FIVE STARS for Chaos by Mathieu Bich

This is my 60th year collecting and performing. If I had to choose one card effect to perform, Chaos would be it. Mathieu is extremely clever in the design of this routine.

Just the cleverness itself makes performing it fun.

And it is a stunner.

Dave The Wave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
lumberjohn
View Profile
Special user
Memphis, TN
626 Posts

Profile of lumberjohn
Here is my version. Posting in case it provides some inspiration.
https://youtu.be/4B822fjn9v8
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Nice!

Quote:
On Oct 18, 2018, lumberjohn wrote:
Here is my version. Posting in case it provides some inspiration.
https://youtu.be/4B822fjn9v8
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Just managed to order from propdog. Wasn’t available in the UK as far as I knew.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
I know this an old thread - but I just noticed it on Vanishing and came to the Café to have a look for a review.

Take care all
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Chaos by Mathieu Bich (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL