The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Close-Up Magic at Nursing Homes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kalagar
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kalagar
Hello Magic Café! First time poster here...

Over the summer and the start of the school year I performed close-up magic at a nursing home. The magic was room-to-room and I was just hoping for some ideas for close-up magic that would be entertaining for the elderly patients. I have performed sponge balls multiple times with great reactions and also a bunch of different card effects (ACR, 2 card monte, etc.). I am looking to expand my repertoire with not only close up magic but also some magic that can be performed for larger crowds (10ish ppl). Also most of the time there is no table that I can work with, so most of my tricks are in-the-hands. Thanks in advance!
plink
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of plink
Consider a variety of props: paddle/color changing knives, ring & string, ring & rope, TT routines, coin magic, rubber bands, paper money/ bill change, seasonal effects, match box effects, IT effects, rope (fiber optics). There are many variations of each of the listed items and lots of items that aren't listed. Don't forget novelty items like Ammars 'Little Hand'. Have fun spread fun, you're doing a good thing!
kalagar
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kalagar
Quote:
On Nov 26, 2016, plink wrote:
Consider a variety of props: paddle/color changing knives, ring & string, ring & rope, TT routines, coin magic, rubber bands, paper money/ bill change, seasonal effects, match box effects, IT effects, rope (fiber optics). There are many variations of each of the listed items and lots of items that aren't listed. Don't forget novelty items like Ammars 'Little Hand'. Have fun spread fun, you're doing a good thing!

Hey, Thanks for the great information! Im currently working on fiber optics and some rubber band magic. Thanks again!
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
That is a great list plink.

I also might add that when you are performing in that group of 10, try the Crystal Tube. You will have enough distance between you to make the magic happen. The thing I like about Crystal Tube is that it involves three different colored scarves. You can have each scarf represent a different benefit they experience at the rest home. One example: Friendship, skilled care and cozy room. And when you combine all three of these here at Pleasant Acres, (blow the silks out of the crystal tube) everything just "ties together."

It makes for smiles on the audience because they can identify with it and the rest home will love you for it!!
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Remember that a lot of the old folks have poor eyesight so bigger is better with them. With that said, d'lites work very well for that crowd
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The tricks are on me! » » Close-Up Magic at Nursing Homes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL