We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The Hunt for Erdnase (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Chris
View Profile
Inner circle
lybrary.com
1038 Posts

Profile of Chris
I agree that it is silly to compare the research into Erdnase with curing diseases or other life changing research. It is certainly not of the same importance, not even close. But that doesn't mean to find out who Erdnase was is useless. Understanding history is a worthwhile pursuit.
Lybrary.com preserving magic one book at a time.
Merc Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
2560 Posts

Profile of Merc Man
Understanding history (sometimes sadly not learning from it) is one thing.

However, I don't think discovering who Erdnase was is going to stop wars, cure cancer, end famine and de-nuclearise the planet.

The funniest scenario of course would be that Erdnase was just some complete random.......causing the Erdnase community to stand, jaws dropped, saying "who the fkkk was he"?

By the way, I've absolutely nothing against older literature. Expert Card Technique was my first bible - and for what its worth, I truly believe its' content and quality to bury some of the utter tripe in EATCT.
Barry Allen

"The Rules of the Sleight-of-Hand Artist, are three and all others are vain; the first and second are 'practice', and the third one is 'practice again'.

Edward Victor 1936
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2018, Merc Man wrote:However, I don't think discovering who Erdnase was is going to stop wars, cure cancer, end famine and de-nuclearise the planet.

But nobody ever claimed that discovering Erdnase would stop wars, cure cancer, end famine,disease, and rid the planet of nuclear weapons. That doesn't mean scholars should stop looking for his true identity, or quit looking for that other writer who might have written Shakespeare's plays.

By your logic Merc Man, what is the point in another biography of Winston Churchill? Let the diplomats, doctors, and scientists worry about that other pesky stuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The Hunt for Erdnase (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL