The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Senator Crandall's Rope Routine (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cbguy
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Does anyone have any info i.e. video or script or any other idea about the presentation the Senator had for his rope routine?

I've heard it was hilarious, mostly because of his character.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
20185 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only video I seen of Clarke "The Senator" Crandall was his 6 card repeat that is published in Tarbell Course books. Can't remember what video it was on, maybe Don Alan Magic Ranch videos.

Don't believe there is anything free viewing out there, I could be wrong, check YouTube.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6904 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right! cbguy! Clarke's character "sold" anything he did!

I don't recall ever seeing his rope routine on tape or dvd.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
cbguy
View Profile
Loyal user
289 Posts

Profile of cbguy
Growing up in Chicago I heard a lot of stories about the Senator, Jim Ryan, Don Alan, Matt Schullien, I used to visit Jay at Magic inc and Mr. Ash was my favorite. He is the guy that actually got me started in magic.

When Schullien's was sold, I used to fill in for Jimmy, there I think it became O'donavan's or something Irish.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks!
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
319 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Crandall was a character and he was consistent with it no matter what he did. I do remember seeing him do the rope routine back when I was in my teens... from what I remember there weren't any unusual moves, but his character really made it special. It was the same with his 6 card repeat. I also saw him fracture an audience of magicians with a torn and restored napkin with a sucker explanation... later found the exact routine in Tarbell I... it was Clarke that made it special!

Gary
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
6904 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Yes! the "Senator" UNDERSTOOD that one word said it all! >>> PRESENTATION <<<!

OR, in ten words: "It aint WHAT ya do, it's HOW ya do it!

A fairly new guy, in another thread, last week, complained that I told a 7th grader, that he was not ready to walk up to a stranger, and do a trick. The lad has been interested in magic for about three months. He has a copy of Mark Wilson's "Complete Course In Magic", so he knows how a "whole bunch" of tricks are DONE. He possibly knows how to DO a few of them. He NEEDS TO LEARN how to DO a few of them, so that they ENTERTAIN someone!

The new guy was complaining because he thought that the kid could BUY A TRICK, and, go out on the street, and show it to strangers on the street. He complained that telling the kid that he had to learn how to do #3, above, was not needed. He specifically complained about telling the kid that, "It aint what ya do, it's HOW ya do it!"

A magician from California, gets upset with me, 'cuz I'm pedantic. I shouldn't insist, for example, that a magician needs to know the difference between a TRICK and an EFFECT!

A young man (16) whom I've been mentoring for about a year and a half, just did his first paid show. --A meeting of about 40 adults in a local church. He got $50. + a $5.00 tip for 20 minutes. A month before he had received a "scholarship" to attend the Magi Fest in Columbus, Ohio. Last month he received a $1600. scholarship to attend Tannen's Youth Magic Camp, next summer. Shortly after that he received another scholarship to attend the Jeff McBride, magic course. He's a very intelligent, courteous lad, who has fine talent. I think that, if he continues to study, practice, and rehearse, he will succeed.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Senator Crandall's Rope Routine (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL