The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34..36~37~38 [Next]
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, Yuan Moons wrote:
How is it that every time Will Tsai releases something he looks younger!!

I say he's a vampire
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, theconjuror wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, Yuan Moons wrote:
How is it that every time Will Tsai releases something he looks younger!!

I say he's a vampire

That's the next trick he will release: The youth's fountain Smile
Step into the unknown
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
I wonder if anyone will have any at Blackpool
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, rowland wrote:
I wonder if anyone will have any at Blackpool

If Sans Mind goes to Blackpool then they may have them with them. So far they are not wholesaling them to any jobbers or dealers. Only sold direct currently to get back some of their investment.

David Penn was just so excited, he had to show his new magic trick he just got a few hours before the show. They are not selling them either.

You can go back to the 1st few pages and read the posts on how Sans Mind are selling these watches. It is also explained on their website.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Any thought from Sans Minds or others about airport security.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
I watched the instruction and took the watch to a meeting earlier. Here's my review.

Watch
The strap is made of smooth rubber. Very comfortable. I'd wear it as my everyday watch. The watch is a blend of two finishes (matt and glossy polish). Very elegant and expensive looking. From the instruction they said it's made of stainless steel and chromed. The watch is impressive but what I like the most is how easy it is to change the battery. It's easier than doing it on your own normal watch. It's a very clever design.

Smoke
I took the watch to a meeting and did some magic (with smoke!). It was a conference room. Lots of smoke and extremely quiet. First time in use I thought it was broken until I started to see the smoke. It's that quiet! The smoke shoots right into my hand. It looks a lot more realistic and doesn't look like smoke is everywhere. The remote makes a lot of sense here. You can have as much smoke as you want if you just keep the remote pressed.

Instruction
It's a very detailed instruction. Everything is well produced and edited. It's still over an hour long. I recommend watching the whole thing first before playing with the watch. It's rather straight forward IF you know what you are doing. Everything is pretty much covered. I feel like they could have also covered how to maintain the watch. For example I'd like to know if I inject the refill into the watch, how much time do I have before the cartridge dries up? One thing bothers me is Will looks younger in every project. He's like 15 now..

Application
Now this is what really impressed me. Vapr Watch is impressive, I knew it before I pressed the buy button. I didn't have much expectation on the quality of the magic they teach. I've seen Will's name here and there. I've never really worked with his material before. I really like the way he thinks. In the application section, Will covers how to produce smoke with one hand, two hands, from spectator's hand, from your mouth, and even from your hand that's NOT wearing the watch. Each application comes with a simple trick to get you started. While Will said these are simple tricks, they are very effective. The trick I did for people is a mental effect from the download. Very powerful stuff. I like the mouth production and ash on arm approach as well. The creativity here is what really impressed me. The tip he offered about two handed production and the science behind how air travels is fascinating. He's a deep thinker and there are so much small details he covered even in these simple tricks. I am a new fan!

Other stuff
There's nothing electronic that's exposed externally. It doesn't over heat like the other one and feels very safe. Everything is built inside of the watch. It's very well made and the design is well thought out. The watch is beautiful. No complains here. It works right out of box. The refill takes a little bit of time but once filled up, it lasts for over 100 puffs!! I can't even imagine doing half of that a night..

Overall 9.8/10

This is the best product in magic I've seen. it's a watch I'd be proud to wear even if it doesn't produce smoke. It functions as advertised the really does live up to the hype. For the price is a bargain. I am so happy with it, I've just pledged for another one and I don't care when I'll receive it. Highly recommended.
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
Quote:
On Jan 25, 2017, AndreaMooreMagic wrote:
I watched the instruction and took the watch to a meeting earlier. Here's my review.

Watch
The strap is made of smooth rubber. Very comfortable. I'd wear it as my everyday watch. The watch is a blend of two finishes (matt and glossy polish). Very elegant and expensive looking. From the instruction they said it's made of stainless steel and chromed. The watch is impressive but what I like the most is how easy it is to change the battery. It's easier than doing it on your own normal watch. It's a very clever design.

Smoke
I took the watch to a meeting and did some magic (with smoke!). It was a conference room. Lots of smoke and extremely quiet. First time in use I thought it was broken until I started to see the smoke. It's that quiet! The smoke shoots right into my hand. It looks a lot more realistic and doesn't look like smoke is everywhere. The remote makes a lot of sense here. You can have as much smoke as you want if you just keep the remote pressed.

Instruction
It's a very detailed instruction. Everything is well produced and edited. It's still over an hour long. I recommend watching the whole thing first before playing with the watch. It's rather straight forward IF you know what you are doing. Everything is pretty much covered. I feel like they could have also covered how to maintain the watch. For example I'd like to know if I inject the refill into the watch, how much time do I have before the cartridge dries up? One thing bothers me is Will looks younger in every project. He's like 15 now..

Application
Now this is what really impressed me. Vapr Watch is impressive, I knew it before I pressed the buy button. I didn't have much expectation on the quality of the magic they teach. I've seen Will's name here and there. I've never really worked with his material before. I really like the way he thinks. In the application section, Will covers how to produce smoke with one hand, two hands, from spectator's hand, from your mouth, and even from your hand that's NOT wearing the watch. Each application comes with a simple trick to get you started. While Will said these are simple tricks, they are very effective. The trick I did for people is a mental effect from the download. Very powerful stuff. I like the mouth production and ash on arm approach as well. The creativity here is what really impressed me. The tip he offered about two handed production and the science behind how air travels is fascinating. He's a deep thinker and there are so much small details he covered even in these simple tricks. I am a new fan!

Other stuff
There's nothing electronic that's exposed externally. It doesn't over heat like the other one and feels very safe. Everything is built inside of the watch. It's very well made and the design is well thought out. The watch is beautiful. No complains here. It works right out of box. The refill takes a little bit of time but once filled up, it lasts for over 100 puffs!! I can't even imagine doing half of that a night..

Overall 9.8/10

This is the best product in magic I've seen. it's a watch I'd be proud to wear even if it doesn't produce smoke. It functions as advertised the really does live up to the hype. For the price is a bargain. I am so happy with it, I've just pledged for another one and I don't care when I'll receive it. Highly recommended.

AWESOMESAUCE! Can't wait for mine!!! Yeah, yeah I can..
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Thank you so much for your very complete review. I'm so excited I'm an early pledger. I can tell what I've seen on the Wizard Product Review and your review that this is truly something special. As many of us know from Will's last email under 500 watches have been sold. The goal being 2000. I strongly recommend any member that is thinking about this purchase or on the fence take the chance. Tell your friends. It's a great price and much cheaper than any smoke watch on the market today. This is a next gen product and if Sansminds doesn't meet their campaign goals you may never have a chance to own one. I'm sure you may find it for sale for twice or three times the price aftermarket. I don't want to see Ssndsminds fail. I want them to succeed so we can see more amazing inventions like this in the future. Congrats Will. Good luck in the campaign.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Hey guys which package is the best to buy as I only want one watch,is the standard package ?or just the watch and the extras ,as I cannot see on website what the standard package is
Thanks
mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
I just saw the WPR's review of that watch. Although I will not purchase it (smoke, or other special effects not being my kind of stuff), I want to say I'm very impressed after seeing the inside of the watch and how it produces smoke. The smoke in the mouth looks so beautiful. And I like the idea of water becoming ice. So nice.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I strongly recommend the standard package. The watch by itself comes with one refill package which has seven refills. Each refill gives you 100 puffs of three seconds. So the watch stand alone box by itself will give you about 700 puffs. If you get the standard package offer you will get the one refill pack with seven hundred puffs in the watch box PLUS 10 full refill packs with 7 refills in each pack or 700 puffs TIMES ten. 7000 puffs. That should last you enough for the life of the watch.
Why get that much? Because if this campaign does not reach 2000 watches sold by February 15 they will stop production on the watches and once they sell all there smoke refills that's it. No more smoke packs. As of last week they have sold less than 500 watches. I sincerely hope they succeed in the campaign and continue to support the watch but it's nice to have the extra smoke packs just in case. Also the standard offer gives you the smoke refills at a very good discount. That's my opinion to your question.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

regimbeaup
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of regimbeaup
Hi! anyone willing to purchase this in London/Paris and wants to share shipping costs with us?
anton.magician
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of anton.magician
Very sad that Sm still can't to ship to Russia! I don't know why they scare to ship by Priority Canada mail!(
I have a lot of electronis stuff from around the world and never had a problem with a shipping from standard posts!
UPS FEDEX and DHL can't to ship the stuff to private faces in Russia(
I know here is a few customers also want the watches!
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, funnyclown wrote:
I strongly recommend the standard package. The watch by itself comes with one refill package which has seven refills. Each refill gives you 100 puffs of three seconds. So the watch stand alone box by itself will give you about 700 puffs. If you get the standard package offer you will get the one refill pack with seven hundred puffs in the watch box PLUS 10 full refill packs with 7 refills in each pack or 700 puffs TIMES ten. 7000 puffs. That should last you enough for the life of the watch.
Why get that much? Because if this campaign does not reach 2000 watches sold by February 15 they will stop production on the watches and once they sell all there smoke refills that's it. No more smoke packs. As of last week they have sold less than 500 watches. I sincerely hope they succeed in the campaign and continue to support the watch but it's nice to have the extra smoke packs just in case. Also the standard offer gives you the smoke refills at a very good discount. That's my opinion to your question.

Just over two weeks to sell 1500 doesn't look good. I see a lot of disappointed owners in the near future if there are no refills or after sales backup. It's a shame if that happens as it does look good. If they are not at Blackpool I think they have missed a trick with about 3500 magicians there they could have got a lot of orders or sales if they had the stock.
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Quote:
gassaox
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of gassaox
Thanks for the information ,you have definetly made my mind up now,thanks
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
I do not see the refills being an issue. Yes, if the campaign does not succeed, then their price will probably go up and be less quantity per production run.

The watches on the other hand are an issue with all the details and parts that go into the manufacturing process.

Support for the watch will be an issue and I am not sure how warranty will factor into this whole thing.

I agree, Blackpool would be a blockbuster of an event for them to market this piece of magical gadgetry.

Either way, I really hope to see this campaign succeed and I am hoping for more sales to pour in following the glorious WP review along with others here.
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Rowland,

I've been buying magic for a long time. That's the way magic works. If you like something buy enough for what you may use. Magic never is sold forever. I can think of at least a dozen tricks or props I wish I can buy again today but they are no longer made or sold. I'm sure some people may sell it aftermarket for a collectible price. This is a limited edition item. As people on the Café have reported this is possibly one of the best peices of magic technology ever sold. Get it now while you can or it could be gone forever.

Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, rowland wrote:
Just over two weeks to sell 1500 doesn't look good. I see a lot of disappointed owners in the near future if there are no refills or after sales backup. It's a shame if that happens as it does look good. If they are not at Blackpool I think they have missed a trick with about 3500 magicians there they could have got a lot of orders or sales if they had the stock.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
This is basically what the Lynx watch should have been from the start! It is clear SansMinds put a lot more effort, thinking and hard work before releasing this product.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Quote:
Rowland,

I've been buying magic for a long time. That's the way magic works. If you like something buy enough for what you may use. Magic never is sold forever. I can think of at least a dozen tricks or props I wish I can buy again today but they are no longer made or sold. I'm sure some people may sell it aftermarket for a collectible price. This is a limited edition item. As people on the Café have reported this is possibly one of the best peices of magic technology ever sold. Get it now while you can or it could be gone forever.

I agree but with this new technology there are bound to be some that get problems and what happens if come February they cease production. How do they go about repairing them. This is not a cheap trick and they are the only people who will be able to repair it.

Quote:
On Jan 26, 2017, rowland wrote:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17~18..22..25..28..31..34..36~37~38 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL