The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..36~37~38 [Next]
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
It's my understanding and I could be wrong. I do not work for Sansminds. I'm just an investor like everyone else. It's my understanding that some of the original backers decided to cancel their pledge and get their money back. Those limited watches from the cancelled backers will become available. I believe that is why there are a limited number of watches for people on a waiting list.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

"Defender of the Defenseless One Balloon Dog"

https://www.funnybonemagic.com
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
That would seem more legitimate!

Is anyone ordering to Australia that would like to split shipping??
>$200 for shipping is another rout by Sandsminds.
RSmith
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of RSmith
Does it bother anyone that they are now offering insurance plans at 100 dollars a year ( one quarter the cost of the watch), which seems exorbitant? So much for million dollar engineering!
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Well, it's worth the $100 because it covers accidental damage for one full year. The only exceptions are if the user uses incorrect smoke fluid then it's not covered. But all normal accidents like dropping the watch it's covered under the extended warranty.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

mh1001
View Profile
Special user
602 Posts

Profile of mh1001
Quote:
On Jul 12, 2017, RSmith wrote:
Does it bother anyone that they are now offering insurance plans at 100 dollars a year ( one quarter the cost of the watch), which seems exorbitant? So much for million dollar engineering!

Trust me, the cost is very, very low. Only 100 a year ? I can tell you, if you ask a watchmaker to repair your watch, depending on the brand and complexity of it, the price easily goes up. But even for normal watches, not especially expensive, I heard some watchmakers would take no less than 100 euros and sometimes several hundreds of euros (in France at least). This is true : I once contacted several watchmakers in Paris, if they could fix my watch, and they told me more or less the range of the repair cost. Imagine if it's something like Vapr Watch...
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Maybe I'm crazy, " I don't think so " but are we really talking about buying insurance on a watch that we as early purchasers do NOT EVEN HAVE YET. Where on earth does this make sense. OMFG. Sill Waiting PATIENTLY.

NM
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
The joke is on the ones who bought this already. It will cost you more money than its worth? And then not even sure how long it will last? End up being a money pit I bet. I also see a lot of them going up for sale now. Just me talking but glad I did not buy into this. Best of luck guys.
kiketron
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of kiketron
I was one of the 300.
Received both of my watches and they still work perfectly
I purchased 1 year warranty for one of them, as I plan to sell the other one

Kiketron
Step into the unknown
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Anyone have any news as to when preorder watches might be sent out. This is kind of funny.

NM
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Any news on the original backers? Still waiting for a watch I paid for at Christmas . . .
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Hello guys,

Will Tsai just posted this on the Vapr Watch Facebook group. I hope it answers some of your questions.

Will Tsai via Vapr Watch Facebook group:

"Hello, as addressed in the campaign and purchase page, each unit is assembled by hand and will be delivered one by one till Dec 31st end of this year. The order of shipment depends on your position in the line. If you purchased right at the cut off deadline, your shipment time will likely be December before the 31st. Any further question please feel free to send msg to SM Facebook page my friend. Thanks for the love and support again. Smile"

"I am working overseas at the moment. If my memory serves me right, the peek of purchase came in mid to late January. So that took the most time. Last time I was told we are at roughly 60ish %. And the number is increasing by a couple of watches a day. Hope that makes sense. Between now to Dec is about 15 weeks. So the rest will be delivered within the next 15 weeks if that makes sense."
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Funny Clown and Will - Thanks for the update. Many of us are still out there waiting and while some claimed refunds others believe in you and realize that you did warn this might happen and take a long time. I'll keep the promise on my side and hope for the best. Seems wrong to demand refunds and harm Sansminds when you tried to do something complex and amazing for the fraternity. Stay the course and know we're anxiously awaiting! Thanks much to Funnyclown for keeping the discussion honorable and optimistic!
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Rich Tsai posted this in Facebook group today

“Hi there. We are still shipping them out as we speak and the estimate time to wrap this whole project is November.”

So that’s a good sign. We may get the watches before November.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
FunnyClown - thank you so much for keeping us updated! This is great news!
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
I also request any Magic Café user that has received their WAVE TWO (currently shipped) Vapr Watch to please post the date you ordered your watch and the date you received your watch. I’m not talking about the original 300. I only want to hear from those of you that recently received your watches out of the ones being shipped out of WAVE TWO. It will help us understand when we may be getting our watches.
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Just a quick update for Vapr Watch buyers that are not part is Facebook group. I have some really good news. Many not all but many Vapr Watch buyers received an email that said this:

“Dear Vapr Watch purchaser,
Your Vapr Watch will be shipping mid November.
We know you have been anticipating this moment for months and trust us the Sansminds team is just as excited as you are. “

The email is long so I’m not going to type the whole thing but it basically wants everyone that received the email to confirm their address is correct and making sure you have a physical address and not a p.o. box etc.
Many users have said they got the email and this shows shipping is finally underway. So if you haven’t gotten the email yet (like me I haven’t gotten the email yet). Don’t worry shipping has begun. You’ll get your watches very soon!!!!

This is great news!
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
Here is the entire letter: IF YOUR ADDRESS IS NOT A PO BOX AND IS CORRECT NO ACTION IS REQUIRED.

Dear VAPR Watch Purchasers,

Your VAPR Watch order will be shipping out in mid-November!

We know you have been anticipating this moment for months, and trust us, the SansMinds Team is just as excited as you are! This will be the final confirmation email you will receive, so we have a few things to address beforehand.

Please ensure the shipping address on your invoice and account is correct. Even if you have requested an address change in the last few months, we encourage you to double check to prevent any delays.

We will be using UPS to ship out all VAPR Watch orders, and unfortunately they do not accept PO Box addresses. If you have a PO Box address, please update your address to your preferred shipping destination.

If you need to delay shipment for any reason (such as moving residencies soon), you can contact us and we will work with you to ensure shipping goes as smoothly as possible.

This email is extremely important, so please read it over. If there is no change to your address, no action is required, and you may ignore this email.

If an address update is required, please respond directly to this email, with your Order #, Name, and Updated Address. Please ensure all requested information is correct, or there may be delays in your shipment.

If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you all for your extreme patience and support regarding our VAPR Watch campaign!

Sincerely,

The SansMinds Team
funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Wow, you got the email Starmanager? That’s awesome. I’m still waiting to get my email. This is great news for us. I do have the Vapr watch from the first 300 but I ordered extra watches that I’m still waiting for congrats on getting the email. You’re going to love your watch. A couple tips I recommend when you get your watch. View the entire two training videos. Everything is explained very well in the video. If your remote has trouble connecting to your Vapr Watch then you may need to pair it again. Be careful removing and replacing the watch face. A common problem is if you can break the plastic connectors and make it difficult for the Watch face to hold securely or you put it on too loose and it falls off and breaks. I haven’t had any of these common problems with my watch but many users have. Also watch the video carefully on removing air bubbles when inserting the Vapr liquid. The good news is all these problem can be avoided if you treat your Watch with care. It’s the most amazing magic prop to be made for a magician in a very long time.

Enjoy your watch
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
Since people will be getting their watches soon here are a few tip I strongly recommend before you use your watch.

Just so you know most problems users have had is not watching the two videos in their entirety before you use watch.

Problem one people have had is sometimes you’ll need to pair your remote with your watch after many days of not using it or the first time you receive it sometimes.

Problem two some users have broken their watch faces. This can be avoided by carefully locking your watch face until you feel the click BUT be carful not to over lock it and break the plastic.

Problem three is the inserting of liquid sometimes you may get air bubbles. The video teaches you how to fix this problem.

Problem four be careful when you cut your hose you don’t cut it too short. It’s better to cut it longer than needed than cut more if needed.

Handle your watch with care and it should last a long time.

Basically almost every problem with very few minor exceptions could have been prevented by carefully watching the two video in its entirety. The video explains everything very well
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

funnyclown
View Profile
Elite user
Burlingame, CA
496 Posts

Profile of funnyclown
An update posted today by Rich Tsai on the Vapr Watch Facebook group
I’m posting this for those who don’t use Facebook group for updates.

From Rich Tsai:

Hello everyone. Here is s quick update. Shipping took a lot longer than expected. We are still only about 80% done. This big fat stack of paper are the completed one. We haven’t got a chance to key in the tracking information yet but will get to it once we ship out everything. Keying the tracking manually will be another project on its own. We are getting there tho!
Mike Ianneo
Funnybone Magic

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » SansMinds Magic » » Vapr Watch Official Thread (96 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..29~30~31~32~33..36~37~38 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL