The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..18~19~20 [Next]
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, Tarik Flash wrote:
To be fair I know the quality will top notch and a friend is buying this so will certainly be keen to see it even if it's for fooling the odd kid that normally ends up at a gig where over 18 years has been specified . I would be more keen on the latest model of it that really starts out whole and without having to make yourself which I believe Steve the genius he is has now addressed 😊

What is this new revelation?? BTW is there going to be a fb group for this?

Sleepy
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
I think the latest model referred to here is the one that is not released.
I had a version before where you only got the two hero heads.

I will be starting an FB group soon and will post here the link once I have.
LeafyMagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of LeafyMagic
Just ordered mine I am so pumped for these.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, stookie31 wrote:

Ahhh okay.

I have a developed a handling myself,for people who want to show the lollipop before putting it into there mouths and then changing it..without taking the lollipop back out again...I'm not sure if people will like it but when the fb group is created I will share it on there.

Anyway, today I had the chance in school to go and test this out..did it around 4 times and the reactions were absolutely AMAZING!! All of them either said Batman or Superman, one was a former magician and he was absolutely stunned, he said in a joking fashion "you've ruined my day now, I'm going to think about how you did that all day". However, as I began one performance of the trick, there was one kid watching but as I asked the question of the superhero, he walked away, anyway I carried om the trick to the person who I was doing it to and at the end, the person was like " omg how did you do that" and he brang the kid who walked away at the start back to me and he saw the lollipop iny hand and immediately said " that's not the same lollipop he probabky swapped it ", the person who I did the trick to immediately said " no I saw him putting the normal lollipop in his mouth" (this trick I did with the traditional handling not the one I told you of above) but the kid was just not having it and thenlater on that day he challenged me to do it to him but I didn't as I knew he would be burning my hands waiting for the "swap" as he called it. I declined and said that I needed to go to the library to print it off, didn't see him after that. So now I have made a new handling up just in case he asks me again.

But the rest of the reactions were absolutely amazing!! There was this one kid who absolutely DESPISES magic. He repeatedly tells me that "magic is **** and that magic is for *****" had to censor those words, anyway, he was watching the trick whilst I did you t to someone else...he absolutely FREAKED OUT!! In fact he asked if he could take a picture of the lollipop to show his family later, I said gladly and he was so happy!!

Anyway that was my experience for the first day..I'll let you guys know how tomorrow goes....

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
BTW, are just the normal lollipops gonna be available?? Not the ones with superheroes carved in.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 12, 2017, SleepyMagic wrote:
Quote:

Ahhh okay.

I have a developed a handling myself,for people who want to show the lollipop before putting it into there mouths and then changing it..without taking the lollipop back out again...I'm not sure if people will like it but when the fb group is created I will share it on there.

Anyway, today I had the chance in school to go and test this out..did it around 4 times and the reactions were absolutely AMAZING!! All of them either said Batman or Superman, one was a former magician and he was absolutely stunned, he said in a joking fashion "you've ruined my day now, I'm going to think about how you did that all day". However, as I began one performance of the trick, there was one kid watching but as I asked the question of the superhero, he walked away, anyway I carried om the trick to the person who I was doing it to and at the end, the person was like " omg how did you do that" and he brang the kid who walked away at the start back to me and he saw the lollipop iny hand and immediately said " that's not the same lollipop he probabky swapped it ", the person who I did the trick to immediately said " no I saw him putting the normal lollipop in his mouth" (this trick I did with the traditional handling not the one I told you of above) but the kid was just not having it and thenlater on that day he challenged me to do it to him but I didn't as I knew he would be burning my hands waiting for the "swap" as he called it. I declined and said that I needed to go to the library to print it off, didn't see him after that. So now I have made a new handling up just in case he asks me again.

But the rest of the reactions were absolutely amazing!! There was this one kid who absolutely DESPISES magic. He repeatedly tells me that "magic is **** and that magic is for *****" had to censor those words, anyway, he was watching the trick whilst I did you t to someone else...he absolutely FREAKED OUT!! In fact he asked if he could take a picture of the lollipop to show his family later, I said gladly and he was so happy!!

Anyway that was my experience for the first day..I'll let you guys know how tomorrow goes....

Sleepy

**print something off

Sleepy
JungleDave
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of JungleDave
Quote:

I got mine yesterday and love it! It looks amazing. Can't wait until the weekend to try it out for real.

Steve, I'm confused.... Will there be another version that you can "chew off" to reveal the superhero? You show in the video an option to make one yourself, but I didn't think that this would be available from you. Is that in the works?
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Yes I saw mention of Spider-Man??
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I posted a question down in Secret Sessions if fellow purchasers can answer. Thx
StarManager
View Profile
Inner circle
Maui, Hawaii
1012 Posts

Profile of StarManager
I LOVE this! It's better as a casual starter at a party or dinner than a part of an act. Pulling it out. Staring at it. Having a few sucks on the round one. I'm keeping it in my cheek as I ask if they prefer Kennedy, John Wayne, Superman or Elvis. Then ask "at what age between 25 and 45? Then when they are deciding Out it comes, wet and round. Then back in as the hero. Doesn't matter who they pick or what age as Superman looks like all these guys. Doesn't mater if they figure that out. Or the age. Just adds to the comedy and the oddity of how the hell you do that. Finally - I am going back at the end to a round Tootsie-pop that is real (Cherry) and eventually after seeing the whole thing out comes the real lolly from my mouth. Usually after the entire thing is over and discussion is on another topic. If nobody notices, I just leave it on the napkin. Eventually the place notices it is back to a regular pop and it is now (grossly) examinable . . . Hope this helps some of you.
"I'm a professional magician and once in a while I even work." Jonathan Todd Excelsior (StarManager)
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh okay.

Sleepy

Sleepy, great story and am looking forward to you describing how to put in round lolly and out with the gimmick, with no switch. I assumed before hand that the round lolly was latex and fitted around the gimmick and you simply pulled it off in your mouth (said an actress to a Bishop) and out with the gimmick. I've got to admit I'm not a fan of switching this out. That is what the specs will think later, and believe. It needs to be cleaner IMO.
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ahhh okay.

Sleepy

Sleepy, great story and am looking forward to you describing how to put in round lolly and out with the gimmick, with no switch. I assumed before hand that the round lolly was latex and fitted around the gimmick and you simply pulled it off in your mouth (said an actress to a Bishop) and out with the gimmick. I've got to admit I'm not a fan of switching this out. That is what the specs will think later, and believe. It needs to be cleaner IMO.

Without exposing anything on here, no it doesn't involve latex....its hard to explain....but later on today I'll be making a private video of my handling, people who pm me (with proof of purchase), I'll send then the video.

You don't need to add anything e.g. jelly, latex etc. Onto your lollipop but there's some skill required!

Sleepy
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Sleepy how about sharing in secret sessions, some of us don't have or want Facebook
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Been on the fence with this, now I know there is a switch, I have zero interest.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
You do not need to do a switch as such, there are other methods shown other than a switch of one lolly for another.

If the required work puts you off you can just use the reveal, that is the way I have been doing it for over 6 months as the new gimmick has only just been made available.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, dooblehorn wrote:
Sleepy how about sharing in secret sessions, some of us don't have or want Facebook

If you pm me later on today, I'll send you a private video link to my version.

Sleepy
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
To anyone who wants my handling, pm me, I have the private video ready, I'll also send this private video to Steve Rowe to see if he likes it.

Sleepy
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Quote:
On Jan 13, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:
You do not need to do a switch as such, there are other methods shown other than a switch of one lolly for another.

If the required work puts you off you can just use the reveal, that is the way I have been doing it for over 6 months as the new gimmick has only just been made available.

this is getting very confusing, what new gimmick? are there two versions of this out? is the new version out with the new gimmick yet?
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Effect, show full lollipop, place full lollipop in mouth, crunch on it a few times, pull out superhero, no switch??????
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This trick has been available in a basic form for about 6 months in the UK and I have been doing it as was supplied with just 1 character and no other gimmicks.

So in effect yes I have been doing it by unwrapping the lolly putting it my mouth no switches.

This version enables you to do the same if you wish, but you have the additional normal looking gimmick so you can properly show it.

I have already said you do not need to switch for another to do this but that is shown on the tutorial, you can use the gimmick in another way which you could describe as a switch (but its not) which is clever.

There are numerous ways to do this ranging from very easy to easy, this effect is so simple to do a young child could do it!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10..18~19~20 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL