The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
paTRICKY
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of paTRICKY
By the way, I can understand the given explanation for the broken ears, but believe the pics are misleading, at best.
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
306 Posts

Profile of stookie31
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2018, paTRICKY wrote:
By the way, I can understand the given explanation for the broken ears, but believe the pics are misleading, at best.

Hey, thank you for ordering lolli hero.

I've performed this with batman and practically no ears, the impact is actually greater because it takes a split second longer for them to register what you have just done.

If you are unhappy with the ears, please send me a photo. I am happy to replace for one 'less broken' if you wish.
Thanks again, Steve.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
PaTRICKY, you came on this board and twice started questioning a trick without actually watching the video first. You bemoaned the fact that your gimmicks were broken when they were delivered exactly as they should be, a fact you would have known had you just had the forethought to watch the explanation video before commenting. Now you are going to accuse me of ignorance without knowing me or what I know. I bought this trick from Penguin, have seen the pictures and unlike you, actually watched the video.

You made a classic rookie mistake and now you are compounding it by trying to defend that mistake instead of just admitting that it was wrong to publicly claim that the product you received was damaged and faulty. Instead of impugning the creators product, try doing some due diligence next time and watch the video first instead posting erroneous information publicly.

Quote:
On Feb 13, 2018, paTRICKY wrote:
No...my so-called ignorance was actually based on the pictures of the gimmick on the Penguin website. Take a look at the pictures that I saw before ordering: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7905
You are saying I'm being ignorant, but you're the one who is showing ignorance, as the snapshots clearly show full pointed ears. And now you have gone and proven me correct. Attitude.
Thank you, pegasus and baobow, for answering my query without being jerk about it.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Magic is the only product that I ALWAYS ‘read the manual’ before I ever touch the product itself.
paTRICKY
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of paTRICKY
As I already stated, and is apparently an accepted notion in the magic community, learning the "secret" behind an effect and its handlings is just as, or even more important than owning the gimmicks for a trick, and nobody is even willing or allowed to state "magnet" or "invisible thread" when discussing any particular tricks on here that use those gimmicks because it is considered revealing the secret (even on a site filled with fellow magicians!). So, on a product that DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THE PICTURES, that I may end up retuning and not owning in the long run, you are saying that I should watch the secret workings and handlings anyways, along with whatever other "free" information may be offered in the included instructions? So I should steal, is what you are saying.

I didn't ask my original question with any malice in mind. It was a straight forward question that could have been answered with a non-aggressive short answer. But instead I received a bunch of laughing faces, and apparent inside nudges comparing me to someone else (albeit, themselves) who apparently has made similar "mistakes" on here.

By the way...really go back and read my first question (you won't). Did I really step out of line? Did I attack the creator, or anyone else? Did I make personal comments about anyone? My reply regarding the "attitude" was not even aimed at you (and was stated rather politely), but you quickly went on the attack and called me ignorant (and now "rookie"), though you don't seem to like that same accusation pointed in your direction. Since you are so quick to point out what I should or shouldn't do (oh, why can't we all be just like you!?), maybe you should evaluate your own actions and intents, and not make assumptions about others so hastily.

BUT, I'm sure you won't reevaluate your stance, or participate in any self-inflection in the least, as I can already tell the type of a person I'm dealing with here. See? Now you've ended up getting me to take an aggressive stance to mirror your own hostility.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
PaTRICKY, I agree with you. Your original question was fair and you didn’t trash the product, creator, dealer, or any one else.
Yet the snarky criticism and scolding you received was unwarranted and way too harsh and out of line IMO. Not to mention that your question could have simply been answered in far fewer words than it took to criticize you.
Don’t worry about it and don’t take it personally. Some folks are just grumpy around here lately and far too quick to judge.
paTRICKY
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of paTRICKY
Thanks, videoman. I appreciate you, and the empathy you've expended. I was going to use the word snarky myself in an earlier post, but my editor kept changing it to different words, so I thought maybe it was not spelled correctly (this time I put the kibosh on my auto-correct, though it was a struggle). Smile Really wasn't trying to do anything but get an issue resolved that was based on the advertising. Was also trying to remain ethical, which is evidently frowned upon these days.
paTRICKY
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of paTRICKY
Steve, PM sent. Thanks!
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I absolutely LOVE Lolli-Hero! I had the pleasure of seeing Steve perform it at a lecture and every since, I have performed it. I have all of the current sets and they come with me to every gig! That being said, Yesterday I had the chance to see Steve Perform his new Supa Chupa effect at Blackpool and I absolutely LOVE it just as much! Watching magician after magicians face at the kicker of the trick! Very well thought out, quirky, works so well with lollihero but it leaves them with a beautiful impossible souvenir! If you haven't had the chance to check it out, make sure you do! This one will be going straight into my gigs!

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
ckelley
View Profile
Regular user
Nashville, TN
110 Posts

Profile of ckelley
Does anyone have good recommendations for the jelly mold in the US and prep help?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
My review:

MediocreMagician
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of MediocreMagician
Have been on the fence about this for a while with most dealers being out of stock or only having limited options when I was looking to purchase. Penguin has all 3 sets for $26.95 each at the moment so I went ahead and bought the lot. Very excited to play around with these as we have a kids super-hero day coming up at our church next month and this trick should be a massive hit!
mayhem
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of mayhem
I enjoy this one still. I bought the other options as well as some spares of the ones I like best as I've broken one on the stick after multiple performances. Whatever method you choose, making the lolli hero joke and making the sucker with a cape like Steve shows is almost a must. After shows, I give all the kids suckers as well and there is always one or two kids that make the lolli hero with the wrapper as well.
your_Lordship
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of your_Lordship
I absolutly love this! such a great trick, fun, bold, quick amazing! enough said! I Still use this now, always on me to perform! a Gem!
Pocket Miracles is !!!LIVE!!!
Can you find the unicorn?
Check it out and sign up for your chance to win one of our giveaways
https://www.pocket-miracles.co.uk/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Lolli Hero by Steve Rowe (59 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..18~19~20
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL