The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Question on Daryl's rope routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
I just purchased the DVD of Daryl's Rope routine from Penquin Magic. Daryl starts out talking about the importance of the quality of the rope. He says the rope he is using is the best he has every used and demonstrates how flexible it needs to be, draping it over his fingers. However he doesn't say the name of it or where someone could buy it. I figure if anyone knows where to find the best rope, it would be Daryl.

So........where can I get this rope or certainly the very best, flexible rope to use?? Thanks.
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Well darn.........I just saw where Daryl has his own website and I ordered it directly from him. Problem solved. I just answered my own question.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2412 Posts

Profile of John Long
If you are talking about his routine where a single piece of rope has two colors, Daryl may be the best/only source.

If you are talking about just getting some rope that has a nice feel to it, I think there are many sources of so called magician's rope
Scott Horn
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
276 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
This is a good question. The main point Daryl raises, and in my opinion is a good one, is that the rope needs to meet the requirements of the routine.
The basic items of concern to me are
- The stiffness of the rope - often manipulated by removing the core (if there is one)
- The texture of the rope - rough or slick. Slickness helps if you work with slip knots and want them to dissolve easliy and quickly
- Tendency to fray. If you are doing cut and restored, with a legitimate cut, you want rope that wont "instantly" fray out like crazy

Unfortunately, the dealers only comment that the have "the best rope for magic" so its more trial and error to see which "best" rope works for you and your handlings
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
195 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Hi guys,
I'm not sure which DVD you have, or how old it is. But Daryl does buy the BTC3 from me, I don't know if that's what you saw, you can always ask him. And if you already bought it from him then you're set.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Thanks guys!!

I have now received my rope order from Daryl. It is very soft, thicker than most and I think will work great!! I have never found rope this nice before and am anxious to fix the ends and start using it. Baronian, will keep your contact info for the future.

By the way, since I was buying Daryl's rope I also ordered his Princess Card trick. Cute and should play well for children.
MAV
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of MAV
Baronian,

I just went to your website and your prices are good and will reorder through you when ready. I generally do not do the cut and restored so will be a while for me to re-order. However, I do belong to a local magic club and will share your contact info.
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Elite user
484 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
Baronian rope is fantastic and fairly priced.
He is a source that we need to support.
Thanks for the quality product!
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
195 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6347 Posts

Profile of bowers
Excellent rope.And I love and use Daryls routine.
Todd
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6347 Posts

Profile of bowers
Sad to say that Daryl has passed away.
Found at the magic castle.
Rip Daryl

Todd
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1010 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Oh no first time I have heard this. His work will live on so sad to hear he is gone. RIP Daryl.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Question on Daryl's rope routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL