The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACKPOOL 2017 NEW UP AND COMING RELEASES (69 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2017, pegasus wrote:
Having the venue at the NEC would at least double the amount of visitors.

I am not sure it would and in fact I am sure it would at least triple the cost of the tickets too (please note that is a scientifically calculated statement based on something I call, for the uninitiated in long complex maths, a complete and utter guess!). As far as I am aware there are not stages or theaters at the NEC so would need to hire "a stage" for the gala show. It would surely be more expensive??
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On Feb 21, 2017, pegasus wrote:
I'd put up a large beer tent in the car park Chris.

By Train
Getting to us by train is brilliantly easy as the NEC is located less than a ten-minute walk from Birmingham International Railway Station - you won’t even need to brave the elements. Direct services run all day, however, if you’re traveling from further afield you may need to catch a connecting train at Birmingham New Street, which is less than a 15-minute journey away. Just enough time to fuel up on caffeine. For more information, visit National Rail or call them on 08457 484950

some of us don't do the walking ... and a 10-minute walk for you could be anywhere up to a 30-minute "roll" for me depending on hills and access ramps.... but as Oasis once said, " you gotta roll with it"....Sorry to quote Oasis at you. Smile

Of course, down hill, the time can be much quicker .... or longer if I factor in crashing and overturning (happened at work once of twice down hill!).
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Hey Dave, you are either a mind reader,or I did indeed get my point across in a way that most would understand, either way, you nailed it 100%
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
842 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2017, TuneHV wrote:
Wayne Dobson is releasing a new effect:
http://dtrik.com/index.php/product/a-b-c-by-wayne-dobson/

Anybody know any more about this? Link no longer works.
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
I know about it a bit because I wanted to buy it,it is a trick with three coins America British and Chinese ones when a spectater chooses one
of it then you can show they you did predicted it or nicked it out of there pocket,or some thing like that but it wasnt on sale at Blackpoolyet but it was ment to be
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
The venue should be hosted in Manchester. The city of the great.
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
It has to be in Blackpool, otherwise it couldn't be called the Blackpool magic festival, (or convention)
it would be something else...
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Ha ha,like it mate
Tom Wong
View Profile
Loyal user
England
291 Posts

Profile of Tom Wong
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, catweazle wrote:
It has to be in Blackpool, otherwise it couldn't be called the Blackpool magic festival, (or convention)

The Manchester Magic Convention. Has a nice ring to it
Mentalistry | Providing quality products to Mentalists across the globe
www.mentalistry.com
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, catweazle wrote:

The Manchester Magic Convention. Has a nice ring to it

Yeah like a brown one 😊
Prober
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Prober
Quote:
On Feb 20, 2017, cardbiker wrote:
Anyone know why the Japanese guys act that closed Sunday nights gala was only 3 minutes long,hardly worth coming over for

It was actually 8 minutes long.
Prober
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Prober
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2017, Tom Wong wrote:
The venue should be hosted in Manchester. The city of the great.

The venue? You mean the Winter Gardens should be moved to Manchester?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Think I am going to attend for the 1st time next year.
phillsmiff
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1798 Posts

Profile of phillsmiff
Anyone can run a magic convention anywhere they want, but the organisers of the Blackpool Magic Convention are unlikely to run one elsewhere though, since it is the Blackpool Magicians Club that runs it. From their perspective, why would they?

Phill
The new Elysian Duets, marked cards featuring my unique Optical Marking System:
-+: https://phillsmithcreative.com/products/elysian-duets :+-
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
I am from London and there have been conventions in London of course but nothing beats the Blackpool one . Ironically the fact that it is in Blackpool and not massive glamour makes it special as far as I am an concerned . I mean you can stay in a luxurious hotel all over the world any weekend . This is about magic and the people you meet old friends and new ones and thiis is what makes it so special to me . Derek Lever being gone is a major plus but the venue is fine for what I am looking for simple as . If you can't afford Blackpool you won't be affording London trust me why do you think the international convention has basically packed up ? Reason too expensive to hire the venue and not many would buy tickets if prices were raised and hardly anyone would turn up dealer wise or acts etc etc Tarik 😊
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Yeah London is a stink hole I prefer it living in midlands for the better quality of life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » BLACKPOOL 2017 NEW UP AND COMING RELEASES (69 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..15..16~17~18
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL