The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Does music help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
I was wondering if a little bit of background music may help the Hypnotee to get into a relaxed state or if this is nonsense.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes it helps. In many ways. It is a wonderful theatrical device and can help focus.

Not totally necessary, but used properly it is great.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Sentoki
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Sentoki
Thanks for the reply. Could you suggest any source for "hypnotic" music? And which kind of system do you use to play the music during a show?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I use the theater sound system.

As for the music there are limitless choices that all depend on who you are or want to be on stage, and the environment you find yourself in. There are simply thousands of correct answers. One of which is not using music at all.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
As Danny said, you can do it without music. I know the theatrical arguments for music, but I am tone deaf, and music sounds like random noises to me. So I do most of my shows without. It works perfectly well. Most guys use music, and that works perfectly well too.

For the induction use something soothing - there are thousands of tracks, new and classical, that fit. As it is partially window dressing what you choose doesn't matter greatly. During routines it is best to have something fast and rousing, that gels with the routine. You are only limited by your imagination.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea this is one of those things where taking hard line stances is pointless.

I work in environments where I don't really share a language with the sound tech. Having multiple music cues can be a recipe for disaster.

As Tony said it works perfectly well without any music.

I tell you the only "rule" I can think of is to make it look intentional no matter your choice. Don't let them miss the music if you don't use it, and don't make them wonder why it is there when you have it.

If you do that, any choice you make is correct.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Does music help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL