The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Reputation Maker by Harry Robson and Matthew Wright (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1995 Posts

Profile of Titanas
Hey guys,
I wanted to let you know about a new DVD coming out. It is picking the minds of Harry "The Godfather" Robson and Marvelous Matthew Wright. With their combined over 50 years of experience, they're now sharing with you a principle that they have built their reputations on.

More info: http://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=59122

Best regards,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
SleepyMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Hopefully I'll pass my exams with
1646 Posts

Profile of SleepyMagic
Looks really good! Haven't watched the demo yet but is it really as clean as..."they think if a card from a card spread and you can tell then what it is" there must be some process obviously but how easy and quick this process is isnwgat intrigues me..

Sleepy
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Wright teaches a fantastic "think of a card" routine on his 'The Unusual Suspect' dvd. Even for a non card person like me, very, very achievable with so many outs if you screw up it's just great. I'd say it will be on this and hoping he has developed it further for this project. The combination of Robson and Wright should produce an A grade product. Very rarely buy before plenty of reviews these days but because of excellent routines on The Unusual Suspect I will get this as soon as it's released.
Russ Jones
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Russ Jones
So basically takeachance what you're saying is you're willing to take a chance Smile
Colin (C.J.)
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of Colin (C.J.)
Some of it's on the fourseen DVD.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
This is of course an old concept. I first learned from a Mark Mason DVD. I perform it all the time. The price seems right and I would like to to hear what these guys have to add.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
I've just finished watching this and they bring you the normal think a card very well explained plus other variations which are very easy to do.

There are single and double card versions, even using it as a force and a predicted card in wallet.

In all I would say something for everyone.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2017, Russ Jones wrote:
So basically takeachance what you're saying is you're willing to take a chance Smile

Gotta change my Café name LOL! But yes, I am
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
957 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2017, Xcath1 wrote:
This is of course an old concept. I first learned from a Mark Mason DVD. I perform it all the time. The price seems right and I would like to to hear what these guys have to add.

Yes I had the same Mark mason dvd, and the version he shows is credited to his late good friend and magician Joe Riding (Deceased) whom I had the privilege of meeting and talking too.

Graham
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
629 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
Joe Riding explains his method here http://llepub.com/index.php?main_page=pr......s_id=518
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
There is more to this project than just think a card, there are other variations and ideas which will build you up to the main method if you don't want to go straight into it.

These other methods are very easy to and I can see will help build your confidence with the effect.

They are also very strong and can and I'm sure will be used as an alternative to the main handlings shown by many.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
These are two names in magic that I greatly respect and admire.

I also do several Think A Card plots as well.

Bought stuff from Harry at the Blackpool Convention ( he even gave me something for free)& also bought stuff from Matthew and without fail, these two guys reelase entertaining quality stuff.

Looking forward to this.

Mike Donoghue
brandon90
View Profile
Special user
Iowa
716 Posts

Profile of brandon90
Sounds like a great DVD.

I love learning techniques such as this that can be applied to many effects.
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
First thing for me....It says Matthew Wright 'on the tin'. For me that makes it a MUST BUY. Matthew has never let me down, ever. Excellent products, great teacher AND always teaches things BEYOND the trick itself. On the couple of times I have spoken to him he seems a very nice, genuine guy (nay genius).

Add Harry Robson to the mix and its gonna be great. Aside from the methods taught, am sure the price will be insignificant with their added wisdom.

Yeah am a fan boy I guess.... Already ordered. Smile
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Does the DVD come in a tin instead of the usual plastic case ha .

Only kidding.

Mike Donoghue
Sparkybear
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Sparkybear
Quote:
On Jan 27, 2017, mike donoghue wrote:
Does the DVD come in a tin instead of the usual plastic case ha .

Only kidding.

Mike Donoghue

Lol.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I have now watched this in one sitting from start to finish.

This actually says a lot about what I think of it, as most times when I watch magic dvds,i become bored & have to watch them in about 3 or 4 sittings. This was an exception.

There are a lot of live performances, discussions about the effects shown & explanations are very clear.

It was like sitting down with Harry & Matthew( infact at one time I joined in the discussion with them & realised I was just watching a DVD.( ONLY KIDDING HA)But, you get my meaning hopefully. It was a pleasure to watch, thought provoking and I was hooked from the start.

Harry explanes his effect YESTERDAYS DREAM(plus a variation) which he fooled me with 10 years ago( & I bought it immediatelly) & Matthew explains a variation which I had not seen which involves a card with money clipped to it.There was also a 2 card variation. Think PAPERCLIPPED but a better way to do it which makes more sense.

Also, Harry explains a thought of card from a fan which I first had done on me by David Berglas about 17 years ago or even longer. When David did this on me the card I was thinking of appeared in MY POCKET .I have tried this myself a number of times over the years.

Matthew explains his variation of Joe Ridings think a card which I had seen Joe do. Also, I had seen Matthew do his variation on THE UNUSUAL SUSPECT.

Harry explained his variation of Joe Ridings effect which Mark Mason had shown him. Again I have seen Mark do this & Mark has some excellent work on his DVD releases.

Matthew also explains a fantastic force which looks so casual(think Dani Di Oriz).

As you can see, I was familiar with a lot of the methods on the DVD but there were a couple on it which were new to me.

I would give this product out of 10 a definate 10.

Thank you Harry & thank you Matthew for releasing quality when we are at a time where so much rubbish is released.

A great DVD from two great guys.

Mike Donoghue
MazingMandy
View Profile
Special user
Has tolerated the trolls here for
676 Posts

Profile of MazingMandy
Hi Mike,

Where did you get this from so quickly? It's showing on Pre-order everywhere I look.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1299 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi Mazing Mandy,

Saturn Magic were getting them in on Monday & I received mine this Wednesday & watched it the same day & posted on the Café.

I really like the DVD & the stylein which the material is explained.

Think you will like this.

Mike Donoghue
Theo
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Theo
I picked mine up this week and watched it from end to end. I must admit I was disappointed. I felt the camera focused too much on their faces and the cards were often out of view. I feel Harry could have broken down his routine better and slower in full view of the camera. Matthew's routine is pretty much what is already available. Some good tips and the live sections were okay. The last section on fan think a card was very noisy in the restaurant and should have been filmed in a quieter area. Overall, the production would have benefited from an independent 'Dan Harlan' type who could have coordinated them both for the benefit of the spectator.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Reputation Maker by Harry Robson and Matthew Wright (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL