The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Yarn by Vernet and Manuel Llaser (15 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
INMOTION
View Profile
Regular user
Ohio
167 Posts

Profile of INMOTION
I received this as well... Brilliant! I personally think for $20 this is a steal! Nothing knuckle busting, however it will take some time (as it should) on the handling to make this work smoothly.
Explanation video for the main effect and the bonus effects is very thorough and easy to follow along.

I prefer a bill in lemon routine however as noted in a previous post, the other 2 possible effects shown are pretty good as well, and I myself will be using this in a similar way as one of the bonus effects utilizing the playing cards. With that said the provided bill routine is very good and magical!

Overall, a fantastic utility device that I am sure can be used in many creative ways, great job!
makulit974
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of makulit974
I just received this and I have to be honest, I am a bit disappointed. It is a very good product in itself but I was hoping to use it as a replacement of my unbelievalope for m confabulation routine. Unfortunately it will not work. Without giving too much away, I'll just say that the size of the paper is limited. The size of my folded paper I use with the unbelieavalope is not very big so I was hopeful it would work. I love the yarn idea. Unfortunately it can't.
I also do the bill in lemon in my show and I won't switch to the yarn. I don't think this would make it stronger than the lemon.
If you want to use it in the same way used in the trailer, then I recommend it. The video is very good and the bill switch is very clearly explained.
Great product, with size limitation...
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Boomer wrote:
Mine is pretty much to an exact match in color, but I'm pretty sure everyone already has an extra one they could use if the included one didn't match.

Dave

Dave, if that was in response to my post, just to clarify, I wasn't talking about the thing you are referring to. I meant the very tiny thing that goes around the thing you're referring to. Sorry to have to be so cryptic just don't want to reveal too much.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@videoman,

Ahh, got ya. Yes, I was referring to the larger object. I think I have some dolphins accessories that might be a better match? Gonna have to dig around. Nice thinking VM!

Dave
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Ha, Ha, I was going to dig around through my dolphin accessories too.
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
Hi Videoman: thank you for your nice words. I was working in this routine many years and I put a lot of energy and love to develop it. The path was very long and at the end I tried to keep things simple and practical so everyone can do at almost any situation. I'm happy you like the routine and also very happy to share with all of you. I hope you enjoy
Hug
Manuel
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
@IMMOTION thanks also for your words. I hope you enjoy doing it. I developed this routine with the idea to be practical and easy to carry. I was doing Bill in lemon for many years and is one of the best effects possible. On many shows I repeat audiences and I need a new trick and this fit perfectly and what really surprise me was the strong drama that the revelation with the Yarn gives you. Thank you again!
hug
Manuel Llaser
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
Hi Manuel, thanks for releasing your effect. Your dedication and perseverance paid off. This is a very practical and commercial routine. I believe you came up with a real winner. I also liked your personality very much. Your enthusiasm in the performance and explanation could genuinely be felt by the viewer. Each of the 3 routines taught are very different yet are all excellent IMO. One of the best purchases I have made in a while.

One thing the ball of yarn has over a lemon IMO, is that the unrolling of the yarn can be a very entertaining and fun moment and involve many in the audience. This was a great touch that I probably wouldn't have thought of and one of my favorite parts of the routine. It's the addition of little memorable moments like this that can really put a routine over the top. It's a wonderful way to capture everyone's attention and interest and build to the final reveal. Cutting a lemon in half seems pretty boring to me now.

Thanks again for sharing your routine and brilliant method with us all and I wish you much success.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
The trick is genius as the world! In fact, this principle lies perfectly in youtube - from one ingenious magician and inventor. I will not give a link to the video - his name is Michael. I think his method is more practical. Difference in small strokes.
Manuel Llaser - I congratulate you on the release of this trick!
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4540 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Received this today and finished the instructions. I really like the effect and I don't know if it will replace the Bill in Lemon I do, Chris Randall's Routine, but it will take a happy stride with me in my close-up shows. There is quite a beauty and memory to the effect when everyone is helping unravel the yarn. It will take a touch of practice to get the key moments and methods down but shouldn't take too long. I really enjoy this product and personally think it is a steal!

I am in agreement to the above statement, it won't be perfect to replace the many great Confabulation routines, but if you are looking for a Bill to Yarn type effect that would work for platform/stage, I think this is great. You could do this close-up if you have space for the table and glass.

Recommended and will make use out of it.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Found a fabulous acrylic wine glass at Target that will hold a full deck of cards, looks great with a ball of yarn in it too.
Romano911
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Romano911
Does this require the purchase of refills?

Can any yarn be used?

I am asking in part as
a) I like the looks of this from the demo, and
b) my wife knits, so we have lots of yarn in the house Smile
Commonly known as Mariano Blanco.
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
Refills? You'll notice in the promo video that the audience member is truly cutting the yarn, so yes, you'll eventually need a refill, but not for a very, very long time.

And yes, you can use any yarn you want if you don't want to use the color provided (mine was red).

I can see somebody wanting to use a different color, to fit in with a theme or story.

Great question @Romano911

Dave
hnegash
View Profile
Regular user
185 Posts

Profile of hnegash
How difficult is it to use a finger ring instead of a dollar bill?

Henok
Boomer
View Profile
Special user
Prosper, TX
668 Posts

Profile of Boomer
@hnegash
I think this was mentioned earlier in the thread.

Dave
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2017, Manuel Llaser wrote:
Hi, thanks everyone for writing and Saturn Magic for the nice review.
The method was designed for the bill in the first place. If you want to do it with a ring then you need to do some adjustment in part of the gimmick. I can guide you in a private message.
The idea of the routine is to do it very practical almost with no elements and without the need of finding a special kind of ring to do it.
You can borrow any bill and do it any time. please feel free to ask questions by PM any time
hug
Manuel Llaser

@hnegash is not very difficult, you just need to do and adjustment in the gimmick. I prefer the bill for my show! thank you!
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2017, nicolasmtg wrote:
This is a must have is more than a trick is an utylity device !!!!!

@nicolasmtg thanks for your words I would love to see you around. Yes I'm agree with you this idea has many possibilities and you can apply in your own way! Hug
Manuel llaser
Robert Sixx
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Robert Sixx
I just want to chime in here and say that I got this in and think it's a worthwhile purchase.

I've always liked the bill to impossible location and this makes it a little different. I think this is interesting, and I think it would be for any audience as well. It looks very clean, not difficult to do and it reasonably priced. If you're looking for something a bit different, this is worth a look.

Robert
Manuel Llaser
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Manuel Llaser
@Roert Sixx thank you very much for your kind words! take care
best regards
Manuel
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
668 Posts

Profile of brehan
Hoi guys
This sound good.
Question
Is there a long setup
I don't like Rolling up a bowl of wool each time.
Thanks brehan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Yarn by Vernet and Manuel Llaser (15 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL