The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 5 STEPS TO GET A JOB IN MAGIC (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
FULL BLOG - http://geraintclarke.com/other/5-steps-get-job-magic/

One of the biggest things I’m asked is “How do I get a job in magic?”.

Whether it’s part of the Ellusionist.com team or one of their competitors, it seems like a popular target to be working in magic right now.

Magic is a business, in the same way that all passions are. You pay to go to a concert right? But some artists claim they’re all about the music.

A job in magic is a job. A real life rabbit-hole that can take you around the world, just because you fell in love with this art.

Let’s not get pretentious though, by now you know me, and you know I love practicality, certainty and results.

I’m going to help you land that dream job like a sexier (questionably) Captain Sully in the Hudson River of Magic.

Nobody died, it’s a great comparison. ^

READ FULL BLOG POST HERE - http://geraintclarke.com/other/5-steps-get-job-magic/
Dan C
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dan C
Excellent advice one thing I might add would be to attack opportunities like a starving cheetah. Never leave yourself looking back saying "I wish I would have taken that opportunity" When your work pays off and an opportunity presents itself grab on and hold on.
Disclaimer: This is life advice not Specific to magic but certainly applicable.
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1166 Posts

Profile of Russo
Be careful - When I was doing a series of small shows for a Church Carnival (1959) - after one of the shows, a gentleman came in - showed his County Clerks Badge and asked me for my License! for what I asked - he said - your geting paid for this ?? -- Yes! I answered- he said - then your in Business and need a Business License -stateing I knew a lot of people who do this -he said-turn them in - (I did not and couldn't ) he wrote out a ticket and said - see Me in my office with your books this Mon. I did - was fined $50. for each, past 3 years and charged another $50. for present year($200.oo)- plus each year thereafter- OR - be audited and possible jailed. SO even a P/T at the time - I then was a LEGAL Entertainer- .. Each State I moved to- asking County Clerk- I DID HAVE TO Have a Business License. Though I always didn't get one . Best To All....
friend2cptsolo
View Profile
Elite user
Spent all this time on the Cafe' and all I have to show for it is
445 Posts

Profile of friend2cptsolo
Check the classified ads under "M"
brittany_killgore
View Profile
New user
Salt Lake City, Utah
13 Posts

Profile of brittany_killgore
Great article. Interesting and inspiring.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » 5 STEPS TO GET A JOB IN MAGIC (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL