The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Undetectible Zarrow Shuffle (13 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
1724 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2017, Claudio wrote:

Do you mean Erdnase's I. To Retain the Top Stock blind shuffle?

No, it nothing to do with any Erdnase methodology. It was based upon the concept of placing say four aces in different parts of the deck and apparently squaring them flush with the deck but instead controlling them to the bottom or top.

Quote:
I am asking because Darwin Ortiz in The Annotated Erdnase writes about it that "Vernon used the same squaring action and hand positions to effect a one-card top block transfer and disguise the strip-out condition of the deck in Triumph in Stars of Magic".

Yes but what I am talking about went well beyond the original Triumph Shuffle but that is correct in its most basic form. The original Triumph Shuffle was used for a card trick and therefore was limited to that application.
cbharrelson
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Ah yes card men dismissed the triumph because it was simpler and this made it inferior in their mind.
cbharrelson
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Vernon himself touted the push through ala mysterious kid.
slim23
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of slim23
Cag,
I loved your take on the triumph!

Thanks for sharing!

Slim
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
gone!
2866 Posts

Profile of AMcD
How many pages are you gonna fill without DEMONSTRATING anything? This place looks like, more and more, a retirement home with old guys rambling.

I'm not saying it's not interesting. I just say it's boring to never see anything.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
792 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Wake me when this thread is dead. Smile
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
gone!
2866 Posts

Profile of AMcD
You're gonna have a long sleep Artie. A looooong sleep... Enough time for studying EATCT.
cbharrelson
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Arnold you have shown that I am sadly lacking in the video making dept I must do some serious work in that dept it has been a pleasure cag tommy to discuss something we all love.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
gone!
2866 Posts

Profile of AMcD
@cbharrelson,

Sir, I wasn't targeting you in particular. I you think so, please, accept my apology.

You're new in this place. If you dig into the old posts you will understand my views better; there is a looooot of talking in the Gambling Spot, but almost zero displaying/showing. The main reasons that are usually given by the "talkers" are that the readers of this forum are Magicians or amateurs and don't deserve or would not make any benefit from the "true" moves (why do those knowledgeable people hang out here then?); that pros never give their secrets (why do they talk about them though?); and that we know nothing about Gambling because we haven't cheated $250K buy-in tables (myself, I have never seen more than a few grands on my tables).

That said, this place is second to none in the Internet world. There is not the activity we had like 10 years ago anymore, but it still worth to visit it despite the endless fights we have (there are a few strong personalities haunting this place, as you will find out).

It still is nice to have new posters and be assured that you are warmly welcome here.
cbharrelson
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cbharrelson
Arnold I did not take offense. It is that I have never done a video. Picture is worth 1000 words. I really like and appreciate your videos. It really helps communication.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Undetectible Zarrow Shuffle (13 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL