The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Undetectible Zarrow Shuffle (19 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
Taylor Haws
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of Taylor Haws
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2018, Thomas Gilroy wrote:

I don't think he's actually riffling the corners together at all before he sets the step. That would eliminate the need for to undo the weave, and I think it's a totally valid handling.

I'm pretty sure that he is accualy riffling them together, but just barely.
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
I recently met a retired professional poker player. Had a chance to do some effects for him. He didn't catch any false shuffles, etc. Admittedly, this was a series of 1 so means little. But I was curious what his knowledge level would be. On the flip side his understanding of the math involved in poker was way over my head.

I have a theory that if there is money involved then someone is trying to cheat. Seems like a good rule of thumb.

I was quite taken by a recent lecture by Mr. England (At the Table Live Lecture series)in which he mentioned that once you are familiar with the Zarrow then it will no longer fool you. I think that's really the crux of the "Undetectible Zarrow." You can only make it undetectable to someone who is unaware of the technique.
Jerry
View Profile
Special user
Some where in Florida
838 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Rnaviaux: "You can only make it undetectable to someone who is unaware of the technique".

You present an excellent point.
Perhaps the reason this shuffle is so obvious to some, is because they know the method.
Selective attention, the "Invisible Gorilla" is an example of this.

I am really would like to have poker game (with no money involved) and use "magician's technique" to put this theory to test and see what if it would get detected.
rnaviaux
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of rnaviaux
Quote:
On Sep 5, 2018, Jerry wrote:
Rnaviaux: "You can only make it undetectable to someone who is unaware of the technique".

You present an excellent point.
Perhaps the reason this shuffle is so obvious to some, is because they know the method.
Selective attention, the "Invisible Gorilla" is an example of this.

I am really would like to have poker game (with no money involved) and use "magician's technique" to put this theory to test and see what if it would get detected.

I only wish I had come up with that point on my own:) I remember working diligently on my zarrow so my magic buddies would say they couldn't see it. But they always did. Never occurred to me it just might not be possible to make it invisible.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » The Undetectible Zarrow Shuffle (19 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL