The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Osbourne Illusions (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Here's my suggestion..

Build someting that has a beginning midddle and end..

That is.. Not a vanish or an appearance..

One of my first illusions was a crystal casket.. and once I made my assistant appear.. my next trick was.. the square circle or the tricky bottles?

I had a lot to learn.. fortunately.. I did. Mostly from working for Paul.. who to this day I think is an occasional genius.
chefmagic
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of chefmagic
Where can I purchase the plans to build Jim Steinmeyer's " hospitality illusion ? I have the summer off and would love to try and build before the winter.
Thanks in advane for the help.
Mike

Magic Legacy - Low prices on great magic!
www.magiclegacy.net
AlexBorsci
View Profile
New user
Italy!
34 Posts

Profile of AlexBorsci
Quote:
On 2009-04-12 17:37, chefmagic wrote:
Where can I purchase the plans to build Jim Steinmeyer's " hospitality illusion ? I have the summer off and would love to try and build before the winter.
Thanks in advane for the help.

You can find the plan in Modern Art and Other Misteryes... by Jim Steinmeyer
magicmonk
View Profile
New user
Donald Monk
23 Posts

Profile of magicmonk
Reading through the posts the one question that I would like an answer on was from Engine (!) in October '08. Unfortunately nobody gave him an answer. Can anybody tell me if there is anything different with Creative Magic's version of Bryce's Screen over Paul Osborne's version?
Have a Chuckle,- and get a Free Magic Tutorial at http://www.MagicMonkSolutions.com
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1159 Posts

Profile of magic4545
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=7

Huge improvements, simplification, justifications for actions, conceptually.

JF
DN777
View Profile
Veteran user
360 Posts

Profile of DN777
If you can get a hold of the originals there are some real gems in there!
MrPrestoHypno
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of MrPrestoHypno
I have always found that the plans in any of the books general lack "detail" information. One should have at least basic blueprint reading, and general wood working skills. I have built Modern Art and after building it could make several suggestions and improvements if I had to build another one. I would suggest making a cardboard (corrugated is the correct term) model first and use this as your template and guide for your final product. Good Luck!
Rick
jsmithii68
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of jsmithii68
Can anyone tell me if Paul Osborne's dinner for two is a one man illusion I mean can one person pull it off alone? or is this a production that takes two or more people? I'm interested in buying illusion book 2 which has this illusion but don't want to spend the money unless its something I can pull off myself.
TaylorReed
View Profile
Special user
Branson, MO
743 Posts

Profile of TaylorReed
Does anyone know why this thread is always on the top? It never moves...
Just thought I'd ask.
Taylor
www.taylorreed.com
www.usedmagicillusions.com
taylor@taylorreed.com
(979)482-0714
See: The Magic and Comedy of Taylor Reed, Live in Branson, Mo
w_s_anderson
View Profile
Inner circle
The United States
1226 Posts

Profile of w_s_anderson
They made it a "Sticky" topic. I think the stick topics always stay at the top of the pages. There are some other forum topics that have these as well.

Scott
wiseli
View Profile
New user
Wes Iseli
12 Posts

Profile of wiseli
I would recommend Paul Osbourne's books to anyone interested in building their own illusions.
wesiseli.com
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1664 Posts

Profile of elimagic
I'm hoping to build my first zig zag from his classic illusion book. Wish me luck
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of maharajademagia
I got the Black Book and Classic Illusions Vol. 1 and Classic Illusions Vol 2. recently and had requested Paul Osborne to sign the books for me. First I did not receive the books for a long time and had to write back to him. They came back saying that they are going to send the books again as it seemed that the first mail was lost. I got the three books after quiet sometime and the signatures were not there. I see no point in buying the books from the author who will not sign it for you. Best is to buy it from who you get it cheaper as the sending cost is charged on to you. Specially if the books are costing USD 165. I was disappointed.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
"Is there some smaller illusion that would be a good first illusion for anyone like me? Preferably something that only uses wood ..."

I would think a sub trunk or packing crate would be a good start.

Thom
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Dear Dennis:
Quote:
On 2007-10-27 18:16, Dennis Michael wrote:
It was once on Osborne's website but, now after I just looked, and it is not there. It has never come out. I was waiting for it because I like shadow boxes. If it does I'll add it to my collection.

I would like to get:

Abbotts Illusions Book
Owens Illusions Book 1
Owens Illusions Book 2
Thanks.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
By "Abbotts Illusion Book" do you mean "Tops Treasury of Illusions"? It is available at http://www.abbottmagic.com/Tops-Treasury......fill.htm

I don't know if there is an Owens Illusion Book, but there are two volumes of "Keep the Wheels Turning" available from Owens. http://www.owenmagic.com/Books___Bluepri......nts.html Both include illusion plans.
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2010-02-23 22:14, Thom Bliss wrote:
By "Abbotts Illusion Book" do you mean "Tops Treasury of Illusions"? It is available at http://www.abbottmagic.com/Tops-Treasury......fill.htm

I don't know if there is an Owens Illusion Book, but there are two volumes of "Keep the Wheels Turning" available from Owens. http://www.owenmagic.com/Books___Bluepri......nts.html Both include illusion plans.

What the price for the Owens books?

Thanks
maharajademagia
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Thom Bliss and Laszlo Csizmadi I got the name from Dennis Michael’s following post.

Quote:
On 2004-03-30 22:27, Dennis Michael wrote:
Thayer Plans: Famous Spike Mystery: Owens Illusions Book 1
Abbotts Plans: Guillotine: Abbotts Illusions Book

So maybe the names you are mentioning are correct.
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Lake Charles, LA
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
For anyone who is interested, the Osborne site now has the 3rd volume of the Classic Illusions available as well as a few new blue prints that I had not seen before.
serg
View Profile
Elite user
Ukraine
433 Posts

Profile of serg
The price on Owenmagic books: # 8001 - $250. # 8002 - $150. Hope this helps. Sincerely, Serg.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Paul Osbourne Illusions (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6~7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL