The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Apple Valley, California (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Greetings,

My name is Chris and I currently reside in the High Desert area of Southern California.

I got into magic when I was in my early 20’s and did small shows for some local radio stations that included a gig at Sea World and on a Catalina Island trip as well as numerous kids birthday parties.

I started my career in law enforcement and ended up packing all my magic gear and moved it up into the attic and there it sat for 30 years.

My daughter turned 10 last year and wanted a circus themed birthday party. (Yes, for those that are doing the math, we decided to have more kids in the latter years. We have our son in the Marines and two young girls with us.) Anyways, my wife asked me if I could do a magic show because it would fit the theme of the party. So I brought my gear down and dusted everything off and worked up a 45-minute routine.

It took a few practice runs to knock the rust off of me, but in the end it all came together nicely and all the guests loved the show. The coolest thing to come out of that event was that my daughter approached me later that night and asked about how I learned magic and if I would teach her. So after all these years, I am now passing my knowledge on to her and she is like a sponge to it.

Since I recently retired and I have lots of free time, I decided to get back into magic once again but with the addition of my new partner. So we started doing local birthday party magic shows together. She loves it and takes to the stage like a fish in water. I’m thrilled that she can do it, as it will be such an advantage for her later in life with the confidence to speak/perform in front of audiences without fear.

I prefer to perform small stage/parlor magic. Although I do have a nice assortment of close-up routines to use when the need arises.

I’ve been using the same stage name for 30 years now. I decided to keep using it, but I had to update my logo to include my daughter at her specific request. Lol. She loves it and is always passing out business cards or sporting a T-shirt or hat on her own.

If anyone would like to send her a word of encouragement, you may do so at alexia@chriscrossmagic.com

If you’re still reading this, than I thank you taking the time to read my introduction and I hope you enjoyed my story.

Sincerely,

Chris
www.chriscrossmagic.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome cuervo5150,

And welcome back to Magic.

I enjoyed your intro. and congratulate you and your Daughter. It sounds like you are both enjoying yourselves.

I wish I'd started in Magic as early as she has.

Best of luck to you both.

-Mary Mowder
cuervo5150
View Profile
New user
Riverside, CA
56 Posts

Profile of cuervo5150
Thank you very much. Yes, having my daughter involved has taken my love of watching and performing magic to new heights. It is so cool to watch her perform something and watch her priceless facial expression of accomplishment when she pulls off a sucker routine and totally baffles the audience.

Thanks again for the warm welcome Mary.

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Greetings from Apple Valley, California (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL