The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank night/Just chance which version do you prefer ? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
Paul Stockman did a variation where a spectator bill was borrowed and placed in one of 5 envelopes by a helper who them mixed them. Different spectators named envelopes by number. If the first spectator's bill was in the named envelope, it was to have been given to that spectator. Of course ultimately the original spectator got his bill back. A nice major effect, no "gotcha!" reaction at the end and great fun.
John
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5930 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Although it would probably be considered a reverse Bank Nite, the one in Paramiracles is one of the most dramatic ones I've ever read. Basically, the performer shows a large envelope filled with his own money. Four other envelopes filled with paper are introduced.

With the performer looking away, the audience mixes the envelopes. While still turned away the performer has four of the envelopes tossed into a burning cauldron. The last envelope is opened and it contains the performer's money.

I've loved it the moment I read it, but I know doing something with that much fire would be frowned upon. I even have a couple of subtleties for it. Maybe one day.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
mentalism addict
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of mentalism addict
You don't have to burn it I think its Paul stockman who says you can have a mini shredder on stage, although its less dramatic it can work. also I don't know if this would work but if you put flash paper in the other envelopes the fire will be gone pretty fast
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
5930 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Unfortunately shredding won't work for this idea. It's one of the coolest ideas and methods I've ever read, but it has to be done as written.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
1922 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Quote:
On Jul 14, 2017, kinesis wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2017, toniyammine wrote:
I still have to find a way to overcome the fact that with bank night effects, the Mentalist wins and everyone else doesn't. It's a bit rude and a lot of showoffs. what do you think guys?

Have you checked out Your Luck Nite from the Safwan Papers? It's not so much a win as a find. It's frewakin' awesome!!!!

Thank you....I'm glad you enjoy it.

Bryn
"The Safwan Papers" eBook: $30
Please read the many great reviews here at the Cafe:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS" eBook is also now available ($30)
Available at Outlaw Effects, or direct through me:

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/store/the-arsenal/e-books/the-logar-scrolls.html

PayPal me at: cavscout19@hotmail.com

SPECIAL: "LOGAR" & "SAFWAN PAPERS" Combo Deal: $50

Thanks,
Bryn
cavscout19@hotmil.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Bank night/Just chance which version do you prefer ? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL