The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Towle Pewter Walnut Shell Game (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steadyhands
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Steadyhands
I had a lucky find a few weeks back on the bay of eees. I'd been reading through old threads here and saw mention of the Towle Pewter Shells. So I did a quick search and found - nothing. I then decided to to look for closed sales and completed listings. Bingo, someone had two completed listings without sale and the last was only two weeks before.

I messaged the seller and asked if they we still available. Yes, and they went back up and I did a buy it now, via my phone, in the middle of a Ikea store! So for $20 + postage I've picked up a nice set of the Towle Pewter Walnut Shell Game.

I ran through my 1 Minute Workout a few times with them on a closeup mat and they handle well with a notch in either side where your finger or thumb can sit. The 1 Minute Workout puts you in a good place to handle shells like these without the Channin Dip. They are heavier, weighing in at 40g.

Specifications
Length 42.5mm
Width 35.0mm
Height 16.9mm
Mass 40g
LeoH
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of LeoH
What a lucky find! Good for you!
vanp8
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of vanp8
Steady hands are still using these shells or moved onto other shells?
Steadyhands
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Steadyhands
Quote:
On Oct 28, 2018, vanp8 wrote:
Steady hands are still using these shells or moved onto other shells?

These are more of a collectors piece than for regular use. They weigh in a 40g each, not as heavy as the Konigswalder Riesen Set (53g) but still heavier than the School for Scoundrels copper set (32g).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » If right you win, if wrong you lose... » » Towle Pewter Walnut Shell Game (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL