The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Osterlind - 'UFB: Universal Force Book' (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

FJR
View Profile
New user
London
86 Posts

Profile of FJR
This looks potentially very interesting for the mentalist fraternity. Based on the excellent quality of Osterlind's work (and his knowledge of the Masters), I've purchased this immediately.

I like the idea that it's first in a series too.

http://osterlindmysteries.com/store/inde......s_id=125

The blurb:

"A product that has been in the planning stages for years is finally available!
Every since 2014, Richard Osterlind and Jim Sisti have been discussing producing a line of original book tests featuring classic and innovative ideas. Finally, after much blood, sweat and tears, our first offering is here!

The Universal Force Book (UFB) is just that. It is a forcing device that has countless uses! For a fast way to force a word or phrase, perhaps for a one-ahead effect, it is the most direct. A spectator chooses a page and looks at a word - and it is forced! He can bring his finger down on a page and look at a word and that is forced, too! It can be repeated with different results! You can use UFB in conjunction with other current novels to create remarkable routines. Richard even includes a 6-part act he uses to demonstrate the UFB’s incredible capabilities as a sample to help you build your own personalized routines. The possibilities are unlimited! Best of all, the book looks just like a real best-selling novel!

Jim and Richard created the UFB from scratch based on the standard for today’s paperback books. Carefully analyzing what makes a current bestseller look like it does, they applied that knowledge to the UFB in painstaking detail. You could place it on the shelves of any bookstore and it would look like any other mass-market paperback book! The biggest objection to gimmicked books - that they never look real - is overcome right from the start! This book looks and feels exactly like a current best-seller! And yet, every word, number, symbol and picture is original. This is not simply a redo of some old book in public domain. This intricate mentalist's tool - disguised to look precisely like a common paperback novel - has been built completely from the ground up.

The comprehensive instruction manual included with the book contains six chapters explaining all the intricacies of the UFB as well as how to use them! There is even a chapter on two ungimmicked forces to use with regular novels in conjunction with all the other abilities of the UFB. You will be able to construct routines that will absolutely kill!

Best of all, the price for this completely original 300-plus page original novel, along with its instruction manual, is far less than other current book tests!

This is a piece of equipment you will use! No matter what type of mentalism you do, the UFB will fit in!

“I guarantee you will be happy with the UFB! It is one of the best things we have ever done!”
- Richard Osterlind"

All the best,
Francis
Flaneur / Gentleman Amateur
Member of the I.B.M - Ring 25
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
3232 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Looking forward in getting this.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
1700 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
When I see Osterlind and Sisti in the same sentance...I'm interested!

Good magic to all,

Eric
toneill
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of toneill
Can't wait to hear a few more details about this. Coming from Osterlind, I know it will be good.

Ted
Robb
View Profile
Inner circle
1075 Posts

Profile of Robb
I picked this up and it's very useful. You can do a variety of things with it... most interesting feature to me is page # force. The book format threw me at first but after a trip to Barnes and Noble, I found that all newer paperbacks are the same dimensions as UFB. The design is very good and I'd have no qualms using it on stage or closeup, although I would not call the book "examinable", but that is the price of a forcing book. There are subtle ways to show it's "ordinary" and make the spectator feel as if they've examined it well enough... And for the price, it's hard to beat adding this tool to your tool box.
GOLDEN: A New & Unique Tool for Mentalists
Visit FX by Robb
Mentalism Tools and Ideas
saysold1
View Profile
Inner circle
Recovering Cafe addict with only
9730 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I just got mine yesterday.

Nice printed paperback and I agree with all Robb says above. Not examinable beyond a very short cursory hand out.

I have a forcing book already with my UFB by Becker (I own 2 as they are hard to find now).

I look forward to some extra nuances that Osterlind has put into this however. I like it.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Jim Sisti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Connecticut
442 Posts

Profile of Jim Sisti
Thanks for the kind words, guys. We've been getting some great feedback on UFB from a lot of other purchasers, also.

I would like to point out, however, in light of the last two posts, that it might be inferred that in our advertising, we made a claim that the book was examinable when we've never said such a thing. UFB's most effective function is as a tool to be used in conjunction with ungimmicked books that can be handled and examined. It was never meant to be a stand-alone book test (though there are quite a few "one-off"-type tests that can be done with UFB if someone is proficient and experienced in audience management.)

Again, thanks for the compliments on UFB. Richard and I are now working on subsequent volumes that will work hand in hand with this one. Stay tuned!
sbays
View Profile
Special user
Burbank, CA
995 Posts

Profile of sbays
I picked this up and I think it is fantastic. The quality is very good. It looks completely legit. And unlike many other !@#$* books out there, this one gives you multiple ways of doing it. It also allows a very clean way to do the Hoy when they can see the page # both times. This is, to me, the best tool of its kind out there. I love this. The ONLY thing I wish would have been different is the 92/93 as that has been done already with another product, which I have. But other than that this is as always a terrific offering from the Osterlind / Sisti camp.
"Opportunity may only knock once, but temptation leans on the doorbell."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Osterlind - 'UFB: Universal Force Book' (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 2.81 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL