The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Daniel Madison is better than Erdnase! (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Should I buy it?

Should I get some tats to look like I know what I'm doing with a deck of cards?

Am I ever going to be as good as Daniel Madison?

What of Erdnase and EATCT will I NEVER know if I don't buy this "project" right now?

So many questions flooding into the mind of the concerned young hustler today!!
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
What is there to think about?

I already ordered my copy so I can be one of the first on The Gambling Spot to proudly posses this incredible tomb of manipulative excellence demonstrated by the best in this field.

As Madison says, "I am better than Erdnase and I can prove it."

He doesn't have to convince me...I BELIEVE.

He was even nice enough to autograph my copy and it shortly should becomes a collector's item.

Thanks for the heads-up Artie. Now that $100 bill is no longer burning a hole in my pocket.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD

Er. Oh, I give up.
jjsanvert
View Profile
Special user
Paris, France
581 Posts

Profile of jjsanvert
WHYYYY IIIS HEEEEEEE TAAAAAAALKIIIIING LIIIIIKE THAAAAAAAAAAT ?
JJS
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
He has clearly been listening to Cag.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
I would honestly be interested to see in his annotations because I am endlessly curious about what goes on in his head.

That being said, I am not $100 interested.

Also, I'm 90% sure that the proceeds of this release will go towards purchasing him a second light source for future video projects.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
MarcoLostSomething
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of MarcoLostSomething
"I realized I'm better than Erdnase, and I can prove it." (DM, 2017)

At least I hope he learned to bottom deal without swinging the arms like a golf player before "proving" anything.
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Peterson
Daniel Madison, without a doubt, knows what he is doing. Look. Hes has army of fans who are willing to buy his products without closer inspection. He often recycles and resells same sentences and same "tricks/ideas" and it sells pretty well. And I think he deserves some credit for it.

The only interesting part is if he is aware of the level of the sleights that he presents as "deception/cheating". And frankly, I think he is.

I once saw on his website the "sleight club" card case for 20k Pounds. And guess what. It was sold out. So go figure.

EDIT: At least there is 0 doubt about his marketing skills.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Me, my favourite is his accordion-like dealing style.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2017, AMcD wrote:
Er. Oh, I give up.

See, I told you guys. Madison is so good he just rendered AMcD speechless!!!!

Okay AMcD, I can take a hint. I know you don't want to be left out of the Madison Fan Club, so I found another $100 bill in my pocket and ordered you a copy of Erdnase x Madison. I asked that a couple of extra decks be include as I am sure you will wear out some cards mastering ALL of Madison's moves. He is also going to include the name of his "tattoo artist" because you no doubt will want the tattoos you are getting to look just like his. (You really can't do the moves as well as Madison without the tattoos.)

And keep in mind, Madison said: "This will be my last major project." (Yea, we should be so lucky.)

Kidding aside, the name of the game is marketing. Here is a guy doing what he loves to do and through clever marketing makes money at it. Regardless of what one thinks of Madison and his moves, he and Illusionist do know how to sell this stuff. Yes, a lot of fluff and BS but that is pizzazz marketing. They do have a following.

Got to give them a little credit for that.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Mar 2, 2017, AMcD wrote:

Me, my favourite is his accordion-like dealing style.

I thought you would appreciate that "stylish motion." It is called "iso-motion."

It is a synthesis of isometric (to build strength) and isotonic (to develop definition) exercise. By combing both, he achieves the best of two forms of muscle toning and building, getting a very healthful workout while at the same time doing his demonstrations.

Wow! This guy is really good!

...and...laughing all the way to the bank.
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Does he really make THAT much money? Okay, there's a big bunch of young kids impressed by tattoos and a couple of card stunts, ready to burn a few bucks. But recycling and repackaging old stuff has its limits as well.

Anyway, I have nothing against him, if he can make $ with that kind of stuff, good for him and congrats. But he can't avoid people to mock him when he is ridiculous.

Example: he spent one year isolated studying Erdnase. 10,000 hours he says. 365 days x 24 hours are far from 10,000... (and it implies he wouldn't sleep, eat, etc.)
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
It says that you get an annotated copy of Erdnase. All the product photos show boxes around the diagrams with big arrows pointing to them. I really hope his "annotations" are just him circling diagrams and writing "Neato!" next to some of them.
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
I've said in the past here in the forum that, when Madison isn't "acting", he's actually quite a sane card guy to listen to - and has some interesting things to say.

It's when he puffs up and becomes this character he's been trying to portray on video over these past years that he, in all honesty, appears as a complete and utter buffoon.

But as a guy who knows just a little bit about EATCT and its author ... I have no hesitation in stating that Madison's annotated project and its chosen marketing drive is simply an embarrassment.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Clark Kent and Superman like?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
joneseymagic
View Profile
New user
Dave Jones
62 Posts

Profile of joneseymagic
This whole 'project' is utterly ridiculous. Watch the ill chosen modifications and poorly executed sleights in the trailer and then decide if his take on Erdnase is valid, and whether his one year(!) study has resulted in 'mastery' of EATCT.

I almost fell off my chair laughing when he claimed you are using the cards as illustrated in the book! I genuinely thought it was an early April Fools Day joke!

I suspect the most you're going to get from this 'project' is a masterclass on how to stare into the middle distance while attempting to project the image of a tortured artist. I believe Marlene Dietrich copyrighted this in the 1920's however.

I am positive, however, that this will sell in huge quantities to inexperienced 'magicians' who feel it is necessary to add tattoos to M D Smith's illustrations, because, let's face it, tattoos are sick innit?
AMcD
View Profile
Inner circle
stacking for food!
3078 Posts

Profile of AMcD
Here, they say inni.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
It's like watching a Ouija board shuffle cards.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
It is interesting to note that at the bottom of sales page there are two reviews. The first review is 5 stars written by Madison himself. The text of the review simply says, "Brilliant."

Now that's how to write a review, even if he has to say so himself. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Daniel Madison is better than Erdnase! (22 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL