The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3Fly.. Thoughts? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2017, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
David, it's interesting to see where he takes the hold-and-hide strategy. Ramsay did a coins in hat effect. Kaps did a two coin transposition, ...

Onward ☺

Please, not two in the hand one in the pocket repeat... LOL.

WHAT !!! You Don't Want A half Hr. Coin Routine ??? Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
CarpetShark
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of CarpetShark
Excellent work! Love the ending Smile
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
Reminds me of Dean Dill's Explosion
Wes
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Wes! Where you been? Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Get the most magic from your skill. Jugglers show off skill. Making something magical happen is like the thoughtful gift - the work is behind the scenes.

The item you probably want to explore is in Andrew Galloway's book "The Ramsay Legend"

Others, including Reed McClintock have explored doing tricks where you have lots of coins to produce. Check out his Knucklebusters for some ideas Smile
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
Oklahoma City
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
Great!
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Bad timing 22 seconds in when you do the move. Too much tension when it happens.
You always look at the camera, never at your hands or your audience (video should not be an excuse for non-realistic performance).
50 seconds in, your left hand looks awkward, since it's now (supposed to be) empty. It really caught my attention.
At 1.19 the French drop kind of handling is not natural. Why don't you jsut put the coin on the table by turning this hand down? (I'm not familiar with the gimmick; I believe a clip is behind that coin?)

P!
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Ado wrote:
Bad timing 22 seconds in when you do the move. Too much tension when it happens.
You always look at the camera, never at your hands or your audience (video should not be an excuse for non-realistic performance).
50 seconds in, your left hand looks awkward, since it's now (supposed to be) empty. It really caught my attention.
At 1.19 the French drop kind of handling is not natural. Why don't you jsut put the coin on the table by turning this hand down? (I'm not familiar with the gimmick; I believe a clip is behind that coin?)

P!

I agree with all of your criticisms! I think you've got good eyes - it annoys me having to re-watch the performance for the exact same reasons.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, Ado wrote:

P!

I think the one at 0:50 is *supposed* to look suspicious - it accentuates the final reveal.
I didn't see any french drop at 1:19, though it does need to hide the final silver coin.
As far gimmicks go, from my view of the routine, there are none. But kenedho could confirm, if he feels like it.
Ado
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1033 Posts

Profile of Ado
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2017, tonsofquestions wrote:
I didn't see any french drop at 1:19, though it does need to hide the final silver coin.

No, there is no drop, but there's a similar display.

I should've added that I liked the routine otherwise. I just wanted to mentions points that I believe could be improved.

P!
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Very nice routine. Well done and great ending!
TheGladsomeBeast
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of TheGladsomeBeast
I myself am not a big fan of 3-Fly but it's one of those tricks I feel like you just have to know/do if you are a coin worker and your ending totally made it worth it for me. It did feel like you were rushing through the routine a bit to get to the big finale but that could just be me over analyzing it in hindsight. Overall great job Smile
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Enjoyed the ending 😁
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Great routine indeed, the end fooled me nicely >_<. 3fly is one of my favorite routines, I believe when done well and with a good presentation is really hard to beat, Thanks to Jonathan Twonsend for this gem. As jonathan mentioned, you hold out coins really well, I honestly did not notice you have that many coins until I watched the video a second time Smile. so he mentioned Ramsey and Kaps, here is an example of the Kaps' routine, just incase you have not seen it and would like to play with it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxWocViONZc

Have a good weekend everyone.
EasyK
View Profile
New user
The secret is in one of my
79 Posts

Profile of EasyK
Great clip as well Mano. Only thing I can mention is that on my phone (may not be this way on PC), it was almost impossible to see the copper color. It always looked like silver coins. But enjoyed it.
'My brain is the key that sets me free.'
- Harry Houdini
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Thanks EasyK, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You are totally right, even on PC is hard to tell. It is an old video shut with a cheap webcam. I realized later that even with a good camera, might be hard to tell sometimes, especially if the light hit the copper coin in some kind of angle, the best way to avoid that is just using a Chinese coin instead of the copper coin.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
I didn't know Manny Pacquiao did coin magic... Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
kenedho
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of kenedho
Quote:
On Apr 22, 2018, iamslow wrote:
I didn't know Manny Pacquiao did coin magic... Smile

Hahaha! I hope at least my magic does pack a punch.
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
It does pack a punch bro... An invisible one I didn't see coming...great job Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
Why.So.Serious?
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of Why.So.Serious?
Hahaha I love the ending!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 3Fly.. Thoughts? (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL