The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
7850 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Mar 23, 2017, thomasR wrote:
MindPro..

There has to be a goal or goals for hiring a coach. If there isn't a goal, there is no need to hire a coach. So me asking "what were your goals and why did you feel you needed a coach to attain them" does not make me have a narrow perception of coaching.

For most people, it is to learn (know) what it is they they realize they don't know. It's for information and education. Knowledge. Often knowledge they can not get elsewhere. That would be the primary goal. Then followed of course as how to apply and execute it specifically as it pertains to them, their needs, markets and individual aspects.

"Everything you wrote is 100% biased since you are a coach" is incorrect. I am a student and an entertainer first and foremost. My coaching, consulting, training and mentoring is only a byproduct or result of these other areas. In reality I am an entertainer, agent and agency owner, talent broker, producer, promoter, media representative first and foremost.

Those that are part of my community know that NONE of this information was available when I was seeking, searching and needing it. I was mentored by some of the best in the business with the understanding that I would someday use this knowledge and information to help others with the same interests and struggles that I once had. I have never forgotten this and have made every effort to keep my word to these guys (and ladies).

I was also a coach long before today's popular trend of "coaches" based in little or minimal experience or solely on their own personal experience. As we have seen here, guys are becoming coaches, gurus and experts after having done only one single performance! In reality I make very little money for what I offer and especially for the information I share and the education I offer. So no, I do not speak from a biased perspective of just a coach, I must disagree.

Coaching is only a small part of it, in actuality the training, mentoring and consulting becomes the greatest areas most are seeking and find the most beneficial.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Coaching (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 3.87 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL