The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Why Hello There (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of AlexTheAlrightandOK
Long time lurker, first time poster.
32 years old. Engaged. CT.
Grew up wanting to be magician, that never happened, but I'm currently putting together a walkaround set and working on one liners to go along with it.

The first trick I was ever taught is also my 4 year old's favorite trick. She gets to be a volunteer and she likes to tell the story of the 4 kings as we do it.

Some of my best childhood memories were magic shows; Blackstone, David Copperfield, Ronald McDonald, the clown that came into my pre-school and pulled a banana from a kid's dad and had the kid next to me hold a coin tightly in his hand until he left, which then disappeared.

Mostly do cards, but have everything I need to get into coins and mentalism.

Want to eventually get into some intermediate cardistry.

Thinking about starting a YouTube channel for honest trick reviews.

The sense of humor I use is a mixture of self-deprecation and faux-arrogance.

Yup, that's me in a magical nutshell.
AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

I also do web design and hosting if anyone needs help with their sites.

YourGeekServices.com
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome AlexTheAlrightandOK,

Most Magicians are better off as part timers. It lets you enjoy the Magic more with less pressure to make a living.

I used to be a clown wrangler for Ronald McDonald (OK, roady). It was great fun even though I started with a mild clown phobia. I got over it and really enjoyed watching the fun that surrounded Ronald.

Cards are way easier than coins for me (at least on an intermediate level).

-Mary Mowder
AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 19, 2017, Mary Mowder wrote:
Welcome AlexTheAlrightandOK,

Most Magicians are better off as part timers. It lets you enjoy the Magic more with less pressure to make a living.

I used to be a clown wrangler for Ronald McDonald (OK, roady). It was great fun even though I started with a mild clown phobia. I got over it and really enjoyed watching the fun that surrounded Ronald.

Cards are way easier than coins for me (at least on an intermediate level).

-Mary Mowder

Thanks!

Ronald McDonald was my first favorite. The first time I saw him it was at a fair and I got to be a volunteer for the invisible ball and paper bag and the second time he was at the mall, held up a huge tooth brush, asked everyone what it was for and I think I cracked my first joke... a 7 year old yelling "A big mouth!" lol

I YouTube searched RM to see if I could find the same guy, especially an older recording... but it gave me a really bad (and possibly drunk) Ronald on a local news station performing for kids... and boy was it cringe-worthy.

Did you ever come through CT (USA)?
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
No, I was only working with Ronald in Northern CA.

-Mary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Why Hello There (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL