The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Benson sticks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
How does the string attach to the end if the benson sticks? I've never seen this

Thanks.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I know the routine
It does not show how the cord is attached.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2734 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Old thread but I know a partial answer. I had an old Mak Magic set of sticks. That I had bought used from someone. They were the type where you could have a cord at the back of the sticks. I beleve that there was a little thin dowel that held the cord in place. The Sticks that George Millworth made I believe the ends come off and the cord is knotted inside of both sticks.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Alexander Great (A&B Magic) made a very nice set of Chinese sticks. The ends unscrewed and a length of string ran through a hole in the back of each stick and was tied to an eyelet on the weight.

The string would be seen to actually move back & forth when the tassels would rise and drop...

Because the ends unscrew it is an easy procedure to replace the severed string.

Julie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Oct 14, 2017, RS1963 wrote:
Old thread but I know a partial answer. I had an old Mak Magic set of sticks. That I had bought used from someone. They were the type where you could have a cord at the back of the sticks. I beleve that there was a little thin dowel that held the cord in place. The Sticks that George Millworth made I believe the ends come off and the cord is knotted inside of both sticks.

I had a set like that, years ago. They were made by Joe Fenichel. They were square sticks, and, had wooden plugs on both ends. The plug at the rear ends, had a tiny bit of dowel inserted (snug fit) in a hole in the plug. A bit of cord, matching the "working cords, was "wedged" into the holes.

My Brema Sticks have threaded brass plugs which fit in the rear ends of the sticks. The plugs have tiny holes into which the string is knotted.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
TheRaven
View Profile
Special user
597 Posts

Profile of TheRaven
If I was making some I would just have a couple of holes about 3/4 in deep that didn't go though all the way and I would knot the cord and jam it in the hole.

Alternatively you could have a slotted cork that sat flush.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Benson sticks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL