The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Las Vegas Aces by Cody Fisher (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

William Draven
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, NV
486 Posts

Profile of William Draven
Title: Las Vegas Aces
Artist: Cody Fisher
Producers: The Magic Estate
Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer
Demo Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbv9bbT4U_A
Retail Price: $24.95 USD
Learning Difficulty: Easy
Length of Video: 17 Minutes

Cody Fisher has done it again! This time he’s taken on Larry Jennings’s “Open Travelers”, and made it more user friendly for people (like myself) intimidated by sleight heavy routines. I don’t want to say it’s almost self-working, in fact I don’t have to! The copy on the back of the package does that for me! What you end up with is a solid traveling aces routine that is fun to perform and pretty to watch.

What you get is a folded advertisement card that contains two gimmicks, one red bike backed, one blue bike backed, and instructions on how to view the tutorial video online. The gimmicks are well made, and will last a long time under proper care. The video is manageable only being about twenty minutes, give or take a few minutes, in length. Cody is, as always, very energetic, and very engaging. With each additional release he puts out he’s quickly becoming one of my favorite magicians to watch teach stuff. Like his other products, Las Vegas Aces is a working magicians dream. It handles well, and the magic moves are well motivated. The routine dresses itself up as a poker demonstration of sorts, but I wouldn’t feel limited to that. Use whatever presentation works better for your character. It does come complete with a word for word script though if you’re too lazy to create your own.

Performing this gets strong reactions. It works well as a standalone piece, and even better as a lead into other gambling style demonstrations. The gimmick is easily palmed out if you need to present a completely normal deck for some reason, and instantly resets making it a very attractive option for strolling and or close up performers. Like most of Cody’s work Las Vegas Aces is audience tested, and magician approved. You’re not buying some theory. A magician isn’t saying “this could work”. You’re getting something strait from his own working repertoire. So you know this thing melts minds.

I’ve been a fan of Cody’s work for some time now. He’s one of the few magicians whom I’ll purchase their releases sight unseen because I know it’s going to be good. I’m pleased to say that Las Vegas Aces hasn’t disappointed me in the least! It’s a fun routine and it does the originating source credit. Do you like card magic? Why don’t you own this yet?

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 8
Fairly priced. Good Gimmick. Solid worker.

Teaching Quality: 9
Cody is so fun to watch. His energy makes this a quick watch and an easy learn.

Video & Sound Quality: 8
For a video download the sound and video qualities are great.

Overall Quality: 9
Once again Cody nails it with another release. I highly recommend Las Vegas Aces to anyone who likes card tricks, gambling demonstrations, or wants to add that classic “from Las Vegas” style to their working routines.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Draven Reviews: Las Vegas Aces by Cody Fisher (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL