The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A 2-3 Part Routine I'm working On (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of AlexTheAlrightandOK
Effect:

The Un-Original (But Still Fun) Part 1:
A spectator takes a card, memorizes it and either holds it between their sandwiched hands or inside a card box they can hold. Four jokers are placed on the top of the deck, placing three of them into the deck one at a time. The fourth is used to bring the other three back to the top of the deck, but the trick fails. Looking through the deck shows that the jokers are no longer there. Instead, the first and second jokers are found in the magician's pockets or other impossible locations. Perplexed, the magician can't think of where the fourth is. It's in the spectator's hands.

The More Original (and Even More Fun) Part 2:
The magician takes the fourth "wild joker" with one hand, stating that because he caused us the most trouble, he had to now find the spectator's missing card. With the deck faceup in the left hand and charging the spectator with not taking their eye off of the facedown fourth joker for even a second. "Wouldn't it be amazing if I, with the help of the joker, could find your card?" while at the same the magician seemingly takes their time carefully placing the joker half way into the middle of the deck and holding the entire stack from underneath to fairly show that the the card is being touched by at most one finger or not at all if resting on an open palm. The spectator admits it would be quite amazing while the magician pulls away the bottom half of the deck and slowly pulls the joker out to be held between the thumb and forefinger of the hand still holding the top half of the deck in clear view of the rest of the cards. "Now, you haven't take your eyes off of this card at all, correct?" While the spectator agrees, the magician flips his hand and half stack over showing that the joker is now the spectator's card...

Flipping over the now facedown top card of the stack with the spectator's newly revealed card... "Wouldn't it be much cooler if we used your card to find the joker?"

Notes:
The switch reveal was originally a trick I came up with that allowed me to challenge one or two spectators' memory which worked well as a follow up to the same 2 part trick minus the joker/spectator switch. I would build up the "don't take your eyes off the joker" to give them the impression that something would happen to it and then let them down by saying "No, it's still the joker," while revealing it's still there "but it did find your card. To make it up to you though, let's challenge your memory skills" which then got us to the same exact position where the card sticking out of the deck is slowly pulled out and held for a moment before the reveal. Them seeing the same exact moves and nuances a second time let them believe even more so that a move wasn't done, even though clearly... they switched somehow.

Basically, it works well either way, whether you do the last effect as a separate follow-up trick (the memory challenge) or combine the effect with part 2 instead.

Has anyone seen part one implemented with something like part 2 (& 3)?

Any suggestions?
AlexTheAlrightandOK
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of AlexTheAlrightandOK
The four "wild jokers" portion I modified from a Jay Sankey video (that was similar to the first trick I ever learned as a kid, the Four Kings that are running away after robbing gold, come across a house, three of the kings go in to eat, sleep, and use the bathroom while the fourth is on lookout and eventually knocks three times to bring the kings back outside when the cost is clear. It's my four year old's favorite Smile).

The rest is two standard moves with one being a more of a unique application.

Would I only need to credit Sankey if I were to make a video?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » A 2-3 Part Routine I'm working On (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL