The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Conjuring Arts Book Club (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
We have had a thread or two in the past about the CARC's Summer reading program (that unfortunately has gone to the wayside) and the newer "Book of the Month Club" Where they release a PDF version of a classic and have an online event later in the month with a "celebrity guest" talking about the book. I have not been able to remember to log in at the right time to join one yet but I believe you can participate using whichever social media platform they are presenting it with.

In the recent past, there was a coin book and an event with David Roth (about the book). Also, there was a book titled "Datas" with an event featuring Asi Wind and just before that IIRC, "EATCT" where I believe Ricky Smith presided.

Anyway, This month they are offering (as of today's email) a free download of "The Royal Road To Card Magic" with an online discussion to follow hosted by R. Paul Wilson.

I urge people all the time to get on these great email lists. They do not abuse your address or even overwhelm you with "junk mail". They have given away some very awesome stuff in the past (Including a beautifully re-worked FULL Tarbell series). While you are there, sign up for the e-mail list and check out their shop. Besides some really nice cards they are exclusive sellers of Harry Lorayne books in PDF format and some awesome Dani DaOrtiz (not sure if exclusive though) PDF books and manuscripts. The prices and quality of these books are incredible. Even with the many free books I have received over the years in the clubs, I am still gobsmacked that I could get Harry Lorayne's "Best of Friends 1,2 and 3" for only $25 ea. That is just one example of the many bargains to be had there. Besides e-books, they make some quality cards and "Erdnase Bible Editions" of EATCT.
http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/Cards-c2.htm
http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/E......c234.htm

So. Head on down that Royal Road and grab up some great card magic. Hopefully, I will get to check out the event later with Mr Wilson. Smile

http://conjuringarts.org/
http://shop.conjuringarts.org/store/pc/home.asp 3rd down on the left is the club link and about 11 down on left is their vast e-book section

Also, I am not affiliated in any way with these folks, I have just gained a great amount of respect toward them for their vast offerings and generosity. Here is the original link where I first learned of the Summer program. It has since stopped and changed to this new "Book of the Month" concept but it gives some examples of a few of the books given away over the past couple years. http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
jefkve
View Profile
New user
Orange County, CA
52 Posts

Profile of jefkve
Thank you for posting this!!! I've read RRTCM but look forward to rereading it, as well as the event and possible future benefits!
ianchandler
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of ianchandler
I'll note that their "discussion" of Erdnase was rather disappointing, even though it was Ricky Smith and Mahdi Gilbert. They talked about the book and why it was important but unfortunately didn't offer much insight. I hope the RR discussion goes differently.
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
Did Mahdi ever have online discussions for Forty Years a Gambler by George Devol and Datas The Memory Man? These were previous books of the month but I have not been able to find a discussion event associated with them.
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I usually miss out on the discussions because I no longer use "social media" with any frequency. I liked it better when they just announced a date and time in advance (when you got the book) like they did with the Roth event. Good to know I didn't miss a lot and agree that hopefully some are better events than others. They have a really good Idea here.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Ahlichs
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of Ahlichs
There's also a book club happening at r/MagicSecrets. Current book is also RRTCM Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Conjuring Arts Book Club (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL