The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What's your Favourite Triumph? (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
divomas
View Profile
New user
19 Posts

Profile of divomas
Kostya Kimlat's Triumph is so good. I haven't got it down quite yet.
langston3711
View Profile
Loyal user
Cumming, GA
218 Posts

Profile of langston3711
My favorite is probably Party Animal by John Guastafarro. Others I perform a lot are Jay Sankey's Back in Time, Ben Earl's Open Triumph and Kostya Kimlat's Road Runner Triumph.
When a magician lets you notice something on your own, his lie becomes impenetrable
~Teller
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Triumph by Dai Vernon
Rupert Pupkin
View Profile
Inner circle
1452 Posts

Profile of Rupert Pupkin
Quote:
On Apr 8, 2017, magicfish wrote:
Triumph by Dai Vernon

Which published version?
MontrealMagic
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of MontrealMagic
Double exposure by Asi Wind. Leaves the spectator with a "momento" and always gets an insane reaction.
Vicente_Viegas
View Profile
New user
Lisboa, Portugal
8 Posts

Profile of Vicente_Viegas
I second MontrealMagic's suggestion, if you can faro (not perfect) you can't not have this effect in your arsenal
shaunluttin
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of shaunluttin
Paul, that was beautiful. I'd love to see you perform that live for me at my local Café here in Canada. Beautiful sleight-of-hand like that is hard to come by around here.

My favorite triumph is the one Derek Del Gaudio performed on Spanish television several years ago now:

https://youtu.be/pLOKfRFcyps

Thank you to others who posted their favorites: Kent Gunn's version fools me badly. That Darwin Ortiz version is pretty good (understatement). Kimlat's is crazy good for fooling magicians.

Here is a 29-minute live performance of mine: https://youtu.be/lq2Rj1uf05M

I used to be quite sensitive to criticism; I am much less so now; so, please do criticize my technique, presentation, and posts. It helps me to grow, and I promise to take responsibility and not to be defensive.

jljones83
View Profile
New user
LA, CA
90 Posts

Profile of jljones83
Fast Company is also on Ortiz's ATTL Lecture.
I love performing Bannon's Triumph off of Move Zero when tabled, and Double Exposure in the hands. I love doing Dani DiOrtiz's Horizontal Open Triumph as well.
asherfox
View Profile
Veteran user
367 Posts

Profile of asherfox
Michael vincent‘s version.
Luke Jonas
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire UK
191 Posts

Profile of Luke Jonas
My personal favourite is Scott Olgards version its a 3/4 phase routine.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Troy Hooser version.

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
cfirwin3
View Profile
Loyal user
Rochester, New York
233 Posts

Profile of cfirwin3
I do a slop shuffle triumph with multiple selected cards (4 or 5) or 4 of a kind. Using multiple cards makes the slop shuffle look really authentic.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
I've been using John Luka's "Licked At Last." It's a very fun routine to perform. It is a mix between Triumph and the Inversion plot.I love Triumph routines in which I can genuinely "sell" the shuffling of face up into face down cards, As far as method, the routine only requires one Straddle Faro and the interlace need not be perfect. It is completely in the hands so it is perfect for strolling work.

I am a big fan of John Luka's work. It is definitely created with the performing magician in mind! Thanks Mr. Luka!!!
Melephin
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Melephin
I love Jerry Andrus' Version
JiveDadson
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of JiveDadson
Quote:
On Mar 26, 2017, danaruns wrote:
I enjoy Kostya Kimlat's version (see video below), using his Roadrunner Cull. I can't do it, but I enjoy it! Smile

https://youtu.be/SCFXV6o7cro

For sure. Absolutely the best, bar none. I never tire of watching him fool Penn and Teller.

(I have been working on it for a year. Not ready for prime time.)
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I perform several versions, in the hands I love John Bannon's Last Man Standing...if I can have a complex set up or do a deck switch, I do his Play it Straight. Many great versions exist, (the one somebody posted done by Derek on Spanish TV was killer.) The deck changes color, goes back in new deck order, the selection changes color.....MOST of these are unnecessary for laymen. In my experience, if you have a table....it's hard to beat 1 Zarrow, Up the Ladder cut, Daryl's display and the Vernon method of righting the deck. There ARE exceptions, but I honestly think that Triumph is one of those tricks that has been killed by "improvements."
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
I tend to agree with 'pepka' when he wrote:

"In my experience, if you have a table....it's hard to beat 1 Zarrow, Up the Ladder cut, Daryl's display and the Vernon method of righting the deck."
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
587 Posts

Profile of Motor City
Quote:
On May 10, 2017, Vlad_77 wrote:
I've been using John Luka's "Licked At Last." It's a very fun routine to perform. It is a mix between Triumph and the Inversion plot.I love Triumph routines in which I can genuinely "sell" the shuffling of face up into face down cards, As far as method, the routine only requires one Straddle Faro and the interlace need not be perfect. It is completely in the hands so it is perfect for strolling work.

I am a big fan of John Luka's work. It is definitely created with the performing magician in mind! Thanks Mr. Luka!!!

Thank you for the kind words, Vlad. Much appreciated. "Licked At Last" is one of my "go to" effects.
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
John, is there any performance video of anyone or even yourself performing this?
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
RoadRunnerCull for Caligula Triumph.

I do it all the time but lots of practice.

I have a few decks of cards next to my chair where I watch TV.
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What's your Favourite Triumph? (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL