The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Book: "Just For Fun" By Chris Barnes (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Great content...lots of originals and twists that party goers have never seen. I particularly appreciate the quality of the writing, editing, proofreading... BUT, THAT BEING SAID>>>

Am I the only one having trouble finding the illustrations referenced in "Color Prize Game" which begins on page 177? Realizing I'm getting older perhaps I'm just having one of those "moments," but I'm checking everywhere. It appears to describe a common "move," but would be nice to follow along with the instructions.
A Show By Joe
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island
408 Posts

Profile of A Show By Joe
I had the same issue Stempleton. I thought the page was missing. I know " the move", so I didn't dwell on it, but I thought I had my first senior moment. I liked the the possible homage to the book "Open Sesame" by the first chapter.. I actually used that routine "Color Prize Game" this past Saturday when the mom texted
me(the day before),to do something special for a boy whos birthday that day.
cwbny
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of cwbny
Hey Steve. Unfortunately that is a mistake we discovered after printing. I decided to think of it as the collectible first printing! You can email me at christophertmagician@gmail.com and I'll send you pictures of the move for the color prize game.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Any chance we'll be getting a Kindle version in the future?
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
I just wanted to say I went through "Just For Fun" a few times and I really like it. It has some really great routines and clever thinking. My favorite so far is The Tiny Magician. I also performed Mccombical snack.
If you have the book what is your favorite routine?
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMXKt9q1mQI​

Just For Fun
Creator: Christopher T Magician
Publisher: Amaze Kids
MSRP: $ 40
Skill Level: all
Page length: 325

If you're looking for new routines for family entertainment, Just for Fun is a gold mine of new ideas. Christopher T. Magician combines techniques from classic close-up and parlor magic, with original props like ketchup bottles, stuffed animals, fake mustaches, and spaghetti. The result is fresh material for family shows that is contemporary, amazing, and hilarious. This hardbound book contains 325 pages of original routines. Most of the secrets rely on gimmicked props you probably own or can make inexpensively - and no power tools are necessary!

Fully illustrated by Finland's Martti Siren, Just for Fun has 50 new routines. Each one has been part of Chris's show ever since he was one of the busiest magicians in the greater New York City area. Before you've even finished this book, you'll be making a bunch of effects using tape, glue, spray adhesive, and photo paper along with lots of fun, novel items. Read about them below! The book details the scripts, handling and theory, so when you include these sure-fire routines in your set, you can be guaranteed that your young audiences will be laughing out loud.

Each chapter is packed with routines and performing advice covering a wide range of categories.

Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMXKt9q1mQI​
Sparda
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Sparda
I'm looking for one of the props for the routine Quarter Head in Just For Fun. It's a horshoe magnet that has a coin flip out on the edge of the magnet.Anyone know where I can find one? I haven't had any luck...
pancho247
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of pancho247
Hi guys, which book do you think is best to start with
1 be more funny.......or
2 just for fun
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2019, pancho247 wrote:
Hi guys, which book do you think is best to start with
1 be more funny.......or
2 just for fun

There's also "Beyond Look, Don't See" (book), and "Live from the Living Room" (DVD set).

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
randysburtis
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of randysburtis
Just for fun... but get both lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New Book: "Just For Fun" By Chris Barnes (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL