The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interested in Lucien Astor tarot (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Does anyone have and use the Lucien Astor marked tarot? I found two old threads on it, and would like to get more information. I pm'ed Mr. Astor, but no response yet.

Thanks.

John
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
This tarot is one of the most easily read devks I have ever used. There is no marking system to memorize and the method is viewable from a distance, even with my old eyes. A shame that it's not being produced anymore.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
I agree. I've heard good things about it. I just wish I could find one. I also cannot find how much they went for originally.
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
661 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
Thanks for the interest. I have had numerous inquiries about the deck in the many years since it was released. I have plans to release a professionally printed version, and even have several proofs of the finished deck and tuckbox. It won't look like a handmade antique object, but more ubiquitous like a Tarot taken off the shelf in a new age shop. A few here have seen and handled these copies. I had hoped to release it 2 years ago, then last year, but the book is taking forever (a few hundred pages at present), and my professional art practice occupies much of my time. Fingers crossed, look for a kickstarter as Autumn approaches.

Kind Regards,

Darcy Logan/Frater Tham
(Lucien Astor)
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Hello GreerJ

I have decided to sell my set of Lucien's Liber Sapitienne tarot cards if you are still looking for an original major arcana set.
Reference your question I originally paid $107.50 CAD for mine.

If you are still after a set I am willing to sell them for a little more than that but not much. As long as they go to a good home.

Feel free to PM me

Anyone else interested I will give it time for GreerJ to reply before offering them to anyone else as its only fair.

Kind Regards
Dr Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Interested in Lucien Astor tarot (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL