The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio Ape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Has anyone got theirs yet?
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1783 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
The generation II version? They've been delayed.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Yes. Yeah I know. Paid a while back
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Anyone have an update?

Doc
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of gothike
Quote:

"All 100 units are built and working 100%. They are also all spoken for except for 4, so if you got your order in on the 2.0 already congrats you are all set Smile

I am here to give you the latest full disclosure report. We are making progress every day. It's great to see our team come together and really pour it on. As good as the highs are, we did have a small setback with our 2nd and what we hoped to be our last lab test with Apple Inc this week.

Our 1st test in March showed 9 major errors. We've fixed all of them over a period of about a month and sent the unit back for a second round of testing. To all of my team's surprise, Apple found 2 new errors?! These were super small errors and have zero effect on the performance of our unit. In fact, we fixed them in less than 24 hours. Even though we fixed these fast, we have to go through testing for the 3rd time. They have to check that we've done the corrections properly. That means we have to go to the back of the testing line... again Smile

Every time we send in for testing it's usually about a 2-3 week wait plus the large $$$ test fees we pay Apple. As you can see 3 tests can cost an amazing amount of time in our shipping timeline, it's been the main offender in our delays.

We are closer than ever and your unit is just waiting, already built in CA. Just gotta get Apple to clear these last 2 small issues with us, it's going to happen. I will not let up until these 2.0 Apes are where they belong... in our customer's hands.

Thanks for your support through these final touches."""
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2190 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I have the first version, been using it in all my shows, works perfect every time. The remote is good and accurate even at a far distance. I didn't take the upgrade as I am already satisfied enough for my purpose.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I still haven't got mine either. I bought it for the summer months now they are almost over. Its been a very long time and I paid up front. Is he going to give us a big discount for the long wait?
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Its been about 7 or 8 months will this be old technology when I get it?
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Does anyone here know answer to these questions
docbarnes
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of docbarnes
Yes, when I ordered I did not realize they were not ready to ship, but I received an email relating shipping in July. Still nothing yet and besides the above post I have not received any info.

I would like it for my run of shows in October.
Doc
gothike
View Profile
Elite user
436 Posts

Profile of gothike
The July 20th update says it was being sent to Apple for round 3 of testing. That takes 2-3 weeks and a bunch of money.

If Cleared they will ship. Cross your fingers.

If Apple finds another issue then its Round 4, another 2-3 weeks of testing and a bunch of money.

Audio Ape is under the mercy of Apple and Apple could care less about a bunch of magicians.
Control your Show Music from a PC from 800 ft away with a remote control. Send me a message to find out how......
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
850 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I didn't know all this was happening. I thought I was getting a product. I am just glad I do shows all year round. I think that we should all get an extra remote. Or something?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Audio Ape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL