The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello's "Rhine's Dice" (43 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Ordered. If it's good enough for Mr. Nimh, it's good enough for me.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I ordered it. I will post a review when I receive it.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Those who find Phase 1 too transparent might want to browse a variety of dice tricks to find a presentation that suits them more.
(For example, I would eat my hat if Martin Gardner wasn't a productive source for this...Smile )

This one I just found in one of my notes, not sure about its origin though:

THE PENTAGRAMM DICE:

Ask your participant to roll one of the dice with your back turned and cover it with their hand.
You explain the significance of the pentagram::

"Note that the pentagram has two horns, pointing up for black magic and down for white magic.
So please multiply the number on the die by two.
Now, the pentagram has five sides, a very important number, so please add five to the last number!
The pentagram also has five points so multiply the last number by another five.

Now, with my back turned roll the other die, add the number rolled to the last number, and cover it like the first die. Finally please write the number you have in the centre of the pentagram!"

You now turn to face your subject and the pentagram and simply subtract 25 from the number written to magically guess what the dice values thrown are.

Personally, I'm not that fond of mathematical tricks but maybe some of you like it?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I suspect that while phase 1 may be transparent for most of us here, I strongly doubt that the laity will know what's going on with it.

On another note, thanks for sharing this "Pentagram" idea. This is definitely interesting - would love to know it origins. I wouldn't use it in performance, but it is worth noting for sure.

Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Great link. Smile

Loved the bits with 12 sided die. (I have a jar of polyhedral dice on my desk in front of me and have for some time now.)
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Having performed the first phase of the effect, I can confirm lay audience does not know what we magicians know about dice. It's been very fooling to those I've shown it to.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
I wish I knew this was an immediate video I wouldn't have spent 9.95 for expedited shipping of 3 dice.

Anyway, I like it.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Well, I did save you that very amount earlier on something else... Smile
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Immediate video?? I ordered this over 3 hours ago and I have not received any video?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Well, I did save you that very amount earlier on something else... Smile

Yes, thank you.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Immediate video?? I ordered this over 3 hours ago and I have not received any video?

You need to login into theory 11 and go to your downloads/order/videos section.

J

PS: I would just as well they refunded me the 9.95 shipping and didn't send me anything. I would have happily paid for the video alone.

PSS: Bad purchase experience with theory. Next time Matt, stick with Penguin.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I created an account. My first order from them. My page shows no orders or videos. Yet I was charged. I am attemptimg to call them to resolve it now.

Of course no answer, got a machine. Left a message.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
I created an account. My first order from them. My page shows no orders or videos. Yet I was charged. I am attemptimg to call them to resolve it now.

Of course no answer, got a machine. Left a message.

You have to use the account you used to purchase. Look at the email you received and that email address is your login. Then reset your password.

j
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I am a first time customer of Theory 11. Their customer service is awesome. They took care of the problem ASAP. All is good now!
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Here are my thoughts on Rhine's Dice!!

https://youtu.be/fQcuihFThoo

Madison
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:

J

PS: I would just as well they refunded me the 9.95 shipping and didn't send me anything. I would have happily paid for the video alone.

I'm a bit confused now. Is it available as a download or is it not? Do I have to buy the three dice and pay for the shipping? Cheapest shipping to my location is $16.88. More expensive than the actual effect.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Good review Madison.

I think you very clearly covered all the bases well with this. As you only have the original pdf, I can confirm for you that Matt does in fact cover some of those extra ideas you were discussing in the download. Like you, I am absolutely in love with this. I was playing with phase 2 all day today and still can't get over the beauty of the method and the fact that it really does work! Incredible thinking on Matt's part.This is exactly the kind of methodology and thinking that I love. So simple and brilliant.

@Meng:

It is a download. They send you the dice in the mail, but the video portion is available immediately after purchase in your account at theory11.
MadisonH
View Profile
Inner circle
1754 Posts

Profile of MadisonH
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Good review Madison.

I think you very clearly covered all the bases well with this. As you only have the original pdf, I can confirm for you that Matt does in fact cover some of those extra ideas you were discussing in the download. Like you, I am absolutely in love with this. I was playing with phase 2 all day today and still can't get over the beauty of the method and the fact that it really does work! Incredible thinking on Matt's part.This is exactly the kind of methodology and thinking that I love. So simple and brilliant.

@Meng:

It is a download. They send you the dice in the mail, but the video portion is available immediately after purchase in your account at theory11.

I assumed he did! Matt is very thorough! Smile

I'm glad you enjoyed the review!

Madison
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, Meng wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 18, 2017, John C wrote:
Quote:

J

I'm a bit confused now. Is it available as a download or is it not? Do I have to buy the three dice and pay for the shipping? Cheapest shipping to my location is $16.88. More expensive than the actual effect.

You pay the product and shipping. You receive an instant video. You don't need the dice. But you will pay anyway. So don't pay for expedited shipping like I did. It's a total WASTE of money. I emailed to tell them don't bother shipping me anything. I told them if they wanted to refund my 9.95 shipping that would be nice. So far the answer was no. I don't mind paying the 14.95 but don't ship me anything. I have plenty of dice. If they want to keep my 9.95 good. But that's all the money they will ever receive from me.

For this product a pretty lame business decision.

If anything changes I will let you all know.

And, nothing against Matt mellow on this one. It's a cool trick.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matt Mello's "Rhine's Dice" (43 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL