The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MARTY new app (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Just tho let you know, that I try the Marty app.
It's wonderful.
You take the picture, someone hold one card.
They can name any card, and on your Facebook, they Will see the photo with their free card.
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Here are some examples

Click here to view attached image.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
This is FANTASTIC! I've had this for about a week now and am using it in conjunction with a marked deck routine. It kills. Plus, I can promote my Facebook Business page too which as a pro this is gold. But, schhhhhhh, keep it secret, it's tooooo good!
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Tulleb
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Tulleb
I have also bought Marty and I can confirm that it is worth the price.

Marty successfully brings you to the next step of the digital magic:
- One of the best effect of the App Store, or maybe the best one at the moment from my point of view,
- Very new so nobody knows it yet,
- Very new so a very good support from the French team (in English as well obviously),
- Very new so fully merged with iOS 10.

Good luck to them, and let's hope they keep on with the good work for a long time.
jaizon
View Profile
Inner circle
By time you read this I will have
1554 Posts

Profile of jaizon
Get it. You will love it. It will app-solutely be in the running for trick of the year!!!
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Please note that TV rights and the ability to post onto Social Media has now been restricted - shame....
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
The problem with this routine as described in the app is that it can essentially be duplicated by analog methods. No digital special technology necessary.
It's all in the reflexes.
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
Are you sure Illucifer, you can take a picture before, send it to facebook and ask for a card?

People just see you taking a picture that's all. You don't share it, and YOU ASK FOR THE CARD AFTER you put the phone on the table.

If you have a method, I'm yours. Smile
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Dedikc, that's not what I said. I said as described in the app. The routine described in the app has the participant physically select a card from the deck, which is perfectly in keeping with the story the creators have established in said routine. I could create the same effect, Facebook photo and all, with a card force and/or a one-way deck. No algorithms required.

You are correct that having the card simply named would be cause for the app, but it also, in my opinion poses a couple of presentational problems. A) It rather points directly to the actual method, although, if they've not seen the face of the card they were holding, I don't think this is too much of a concern. The second problem is, why post it to Facebook and have them view it there as proof? If you're really doing as you claim, then why not simply let them turn the card around and look at it as proof? Again, this points them toward the actual method.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Here's how I use the app.

Spec examines and shuffles cards. I remove one card and ask them to hold it (unseen). Photo taken.

Card replaced in deck. Spec shuffles cards again and freely removes one which is placed face down on table.

Spec looks at my Facebook page and sees the card they were holding

Spec turns over card on table which matches.

Plays really well.
Magically,

ursmagicbalu
View Profile
Inner circle
India
1080 Posts

Profile of ursmagicbalu
Android ??
“It’s not what you do that matters, or even how you do it;
it’s what the spectators perceive you as doing that matters.
That’s the MAGIC they’ll remember.”
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Simplymagicweb, this is better, I agree. But, again, a card force and a one-way deck (or even simply two consecutive card forces framed properly to leave the strongest impression) can accomplish the effect you describe, with or without the posted photo. It's like a Rube Goldberg machine, using a very complex, unnecessary method to achieve it's end. This app, so far, is a case in which the method is more interesting than the effect it creates.
dedikc
View Profile
Veteran user
France (Lyon)
340 Posts

Profile of dedikc
The photo is very important tho promote your Facebook page.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1403 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
But again, I can do the photo without the need for an app.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
This is possibly the best effect I have ever seen.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
GAMJoker
View Profile
Loyal user
Bad language skills confirmed in
224 Posts

Profile of GAMJoker
So if I get it right, the advantages of this app is that they can name any card & that it posts the pic automatically onto Facebook?
If so... then I just stick with the apps I used for years now, because for me it's not a big difference if I have to force the card you're making the picture with or the card the spectator selects. If you do a good force, the spectator also thinks that the selected card was freely chosen Smile So there are many other apps out there for 1/10 of the price x) There you just give them a Joker and say that the joker can transform into any card, make a pic from them while holding the joker. Then they "freely" choose a card and once they see the picture they are holding that card. For the spectator - not a big difference.
Waterloophai
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1369 Posts

Profile of Waterloophai
EVERY app. that uses your OWN phone is just a gag. (at the bar: yes. in a performance: no way)

With "use of your own phone" I mean that the spectator is aware that your own phone is in play (visible)...
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of magicman812
Where do you buy this? I do not see on App Store?
wchoo002
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of wchoo002
Search "Marty app", not just "marty"
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
Can I please PM someone who owns this? I would like to know if a certain thing is possible before I order this.

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » MARTY new app (7 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL