The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ten Card Miracle by Ted Karmilovich, LIMITED EDITION (35 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Anyone have a video of that particular performance? Smile
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Apr 27, 2017, saysold1 wrote:
Yes it can be done blindfolded - with a borrowed deck - on a trapeze - in the middle of a fierce winter storm - short sleeves.

No problem.

But why, oh Brett? Why? Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
MagicallyMe
View Profile
Veteran user
Manhattan Beach, CA
356 Posts

Profile of MagicallyMe
Got mine in the mail today.
Ted's added details and tips are invaluable.
He even has a very that works for kids.
Very clearly written and easy for any mentalist to perform.
I plan on using this real soon!

Thanks for posting this offer on the Café!

Dan
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2564 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Still waiting for mine.

Thought it came in today, but not yet.

Since you got your yesterday Dan, hope I get mine by tomorrow to Texas, if not I am going to start worrying.

Thanks

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
This is a well thought out, professional routine- just as you would expect from Ted K. Fiendishly simple, with some beautiful presentational nuances. I've got a show coming up in a few weeks, and I think I'll close with this and see how it goes.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Profile of Eugene Chekhov
I'm sure this is a cool trick, and I'm glad that Ted released it.
Smile
People said that it was like a trick - Marc Paul.
What are the fundamental differences between them, what is the best scenario in the work?
Thanks for the help! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
I'm sure this is a cool trick, and I'm glad that Ted released it.
Smile
People said that it was like a trick - Marc Paul.
What are the fundamental differences between them, what is the best scenario in the work?
Thanks for the help! Smile

Seems to me that most all anyone would need to know about this effect has been offered short of the printed booklet being posted online.

We are magicians helping magicians but we aren't here to work against legendary performers trying to make a living.

There are certain things one must take for granted about routines like this.

With respect the the creator let's not dissect this routine to the point of exposure.

Basically if you want to perform whats been offered buy this from Ted.

j
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

John - (We are magicians helping magicians but we aren't here to work against legendary performers trying to make a living.) - 1.This is a strange statement. 2. Did I say anything about this? P.S *That's what I said is on the video)
What kind of pamphlet do you speak I do not know at all?
I will buy it. Smile
Yes it's a problem - when the effects are similar.
I'm more interested in this issue - as a historian and an explorer!
I agree, then let's do personal research and not public.

P.S By the way, big messages - which are quoted - look very ugly, just write your thoughts in person - we will understand everything. Smile

Magical mood to all the guys! Smile
I love the magic & history of magic! My favorites magicians - Dai Vernon, Max Malini, Fielding West, Michael Finney, Jeff Hobson, Bob Sheets, Nick Lewin, Harry Murphy, Dick Oslund- great showmen of magic!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 24, 2017, saysold1 wrote:
It's a treasured performance piece honed perfectly like a well balanced tool. Every little nuance - every reveal (especially the 3rd one) is part of a greater whole building to a wonderful kicker ending.

Smile
I agree with the words - Brent Barry, this phrase should be hung in every house of the magicians.
Thank you for your thoughts!

*A polished routine here is a kind of magic, where every nuance is directed - real work.
Amen!
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Apr 29, 2017, Eugene Chekhov wrote:
John - (We are magicians helping magicians but we aren't here to work against legendary performers trying to make a living.) - 1.This is a strange statement. 2. Did I say anything about this? P.S *That's what I said is on the video)
What kind of pamphlet do you speak I do not know at all?
I will buy it. Smile
Yes it's a problem - when the effects are similar.
I'm more interested in this issue - as a historian and an explorer!
I agree, then let's do personal research and not public.

P.S By the way, big messages - which are quoted - look very ugly, just write your thoughts in person - we will understand everything. Smile

Magical mood to all the guys! Smile

The pamphlet or booklet is the subject of this thread.
Eugene Chekhov
View Profile
Elite user
~Magic~
453 Posts

I ask about superficial comparison, effect of Marc Paul in a live lecture and Ted's effect.
Anyway Mark teaches very quickly - I am sure that Ted will give us the powerful scenario with which he worked hard years in a real situation!!!
And maybe it's cardinally different tricks - that's what I want to understand.
Eugene_Chekhov@yahoo.com
BlackZ
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of BlackZ
It has to be amazing... just ordered!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
Got the booklet the other day and love it! I have to echo all the positive comments on this.

RNK
Check out Bafflingbob.com
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I don't want method [not fishing]

I just don't quite understand if this is a worker for me

I hate [don't do] DR effects - this isn't DR?

Is the OP how the audience see's it [?]

If it's a borrowed deck - I obviosuly need to hold it at some point... how much 'work' do I need to do [as in what skill level will I need]???

Is it tossed out deck in the calling out... or do I call out 9 different cards [and I can have a long pause between each call out] and one at a time people sit down?

Please don't reveal method - if can help do, even if you feel you need to PM

As I feel very interested - but I don't know if it's something that I won't ever use [for my style and lack of mechanic skills]
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
No DR.
As previously posted, skill level is about a 2, mostly audience management. It's as easy as all purchasers have said it is.
Method is completely different from Tossed Out Deck. Each time the performer names a card, one person sits down before
the performer names another card. The description of the effect is not hype. It's the actual effect and is what the audience sees.
Routine is 10 cards, not 9. Hence the name of the routine.
I don't know where you got the idea of a borrowed deck, but that's not what Ted suggests. I suppose you could do it with a borrowed deck, but why? The cards
are in many people's hands, and you could leave everything with the audience if you felt compelled to. Nothing to ditch at the end.

Quote:
On May 1, 2017, The Duster wrote:
I don't want method [not fishing]

I just don't quite understand if this is a worker for me

I hate [don't do] DR effects - this isn't DR?

Is the OP how the audience see's it [?]

If it's a borrowed deck - I obviosuly need to hold it at some point... how much 'work' do I need to do [as in what skill level will I need]???

Is it tossed out deck in the calling out... or do I call out 9 different cards [and I can have a long pause between each call out] and one at a time people sit down?

Please don't reveal method - if can help do, even if you feel you need to PM

As I feel very interested - but I don't know if it's something that I won't ever use [for my style and lack of mechanic skills]
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
I've had this for about a week now and have spent a considerable amount of time mulling it over.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by clarifying that this IS a solid, practical piece that follows the K.I.S.S. principle - it simply works.

That said, I'll be honest and say that I was a *bit* let down by it after my first few read-through's...it didn't have any real new creative tweaks that I've come to expect from Ted's work. It does effectively "dress up" card-calling, helping it play bigger than most treatments of the plot - I was just hoping for something that felt like an advancement in the genre.

I would be remiss if I didn't recommend also picking up Roberto Giobbi's first Penguin Lecture (as I've mentioned previously) as it provides a number of very good companion concepts. I actually prefer a few of Roberto's finesses to those explained within The Ten Card Miracle manuscript (and I perform STRICTLY as a mentalist but I recognize that someone of Roberto's caliber has a fair deal of applicable wisdom to share especially regarding choreography, stage craft, and blocking).

(I'll also add that an alternative handling I've considered is to use a "smooth move" that Jan Forster shared in his Penguin Lecture. Which "tool" you use all boils down to how you want the piece to flow during performance.)

I'll be integrating a hybrid of the Ted's and Roberto's handlings (mixed with a few subtleties of my own) into a segment of my show tomorrow so I'll have a better point of reference on playing this in the real world.

Again - this is a nice take on card calling...but nothing earth-shattering IMHO.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1693 Posts

Profile of The Duster
Thanks for that - I was on the fence

But I have enough things to be working on at the moment - I guess it was the 'limited edition' part that made me panic a bit...

Thanks again for the review
cat26
View Profile
Regular user
Manitoba, Canada
101 Posts

Profile of cat26
This effect seems remarkably similar to Larry Becker's PSI-Stebbins routine. The differences I can perceive are the number of persons chosen to select cards and references to a Tossed Out Deck type of reveal. The final reveal of the last card is the same. It doesn't really matter how many spectators are chosen although it seems that a number between 5 and 9 spectators keeps the mixing of the cards, flow of the routine and the "impossibility" factor more realistic. Any comments???
DrewBstoss
View Profile
Special user
SLC, Utah
583 Posts

Profile of DrewBstoss
Time to return and report.

I utilized my handling (combining elements from Ted, Roberto, along with my own tweaks) in a show this past Wednesday and it was a FANTASTIC addition to my closing sequence. It's hard to speak (from personal experience) of the routine explicitly as Ted shared it... I integrated it into my show as a sort of unexpected call-back so some of the response was no doubt due to the surprise it generated within the placement of my show. That said, I love that it involves so many people throughout the audience and, as others have mentioned, the structure of the reveal sequence builds in a solid dynamic fashion.

Best,

Drew
"The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." Neil Gaiman

Please consider subscribing to my newsletter: http://eepurl.com/hmdnUX
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1276 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Cool cant wait to get mine one
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Ten Card Miracle by Ted Karmilovich, LIMITED EDITION (35 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL