The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for a card punch (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile Thank you kindly, Jerry, that is just what the doctor ordered.

And for that, I will tip you, that if one punches two cards together at the same time they tend to stick together and also they are easy to cut to.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, tommy wrote:

And for that, I will tip you, that if one punches two cards together at the same time they tend to stick together and also they are easy to cut to.

Wow, that sound even better than my method of using two breather cards stapled together.

Another new and powerful gaff being shared with the members on The Gambling Spot.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
I should add that both tommy's double punched card concept and my double breather cards stapled together are far superior to the method of punching opposite corners or even all four corners of a SINGLE card to produce a pseudo breather.

A further advantage to the stapled breather cards over all other techniques is that if detected, no one would believe that anything that dumb would be attempted in a game so they dismiss the stapled cards as a defect in manufacture.

I should also add that using iron staples enables one to cut to the stapled double breather using a concealed magnet in the hand. The stapled breather and all the cards above it just jump into one's hand when reaching to make the cut.

( I can't believe we are already on page 5 of this thread. I thought it would be almost impossible to get to ten pages but already we are halfway there.) Smile
Peterson
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Peterson
Your stapling concept is out of this world. Imagine the possibilities! Like you do not even need to practice the double deal, YOU JUST DEAL!
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Comments, feelings on using a "thick card"?
Two cards that has been glued together.

Half way to ten pages...
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2017, tommy wrote:
And for that, I will tip you...

And for that, I sent you a PM with super secret underground materail only for the REAL players!
Smile
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2017, Jerry wrote:
Comments, feelings on using a "thick card"?
Two cards that has been glued together.

More difficult to cut to without missing. The magnetic aspects are the real key to this. The cards just leap into your hand.

Think about it...the possibilities of this method are almost endless.

Hmmm. I wonder if one of the purveyors of "gambling demo equipment" would be interested in marketing this concept?
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1409 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Then a shimed card could accomplish the same, without being detected as readly as a staple cards.
Just the right combination of thickness and the advantages of magnectic properties.
Cagliostro
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Cagliostro
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2017, Jerry wrote:
Then a shimmed card could accomplish the same, without being detected as readily as a staple cards.
Just the right combination of thickness and the advantages of magnetic properties.

Yes, a shimmed card has possibilities but lacks the "rough and tumble" brazenness of a breather double stapled cards. But if you are into being clever, subtle, adroit and not getting caught, than the shim card is better.

But there is nothing as exciting as getting caught and having to fight you way out of your pre-planned escape route, hoping you can make it to the door.

Much more fun and macho that way. Smile
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I have a riser punch. While it is well made...I agree with his ad. The work is more for magicians and mentalists because the work is put in too heavy.
Long Island,

New York
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
I made a punch by putting a pin in rubber so that when the rubber is pressed the pin is revealed. One can stick it on an object, such as a magic wand.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Chris Jenkins
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of Chris Jenkins
Tommy, on your recommendation I've just bought the Tools n Tools dental dam puncher and have to say it is fantastic!
I could never justify the high price of some of the other punchers due to my relatively limited use, so this fits the bill perfectly!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Looking for a card punch (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL