The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tables (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

halejs
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of halejs
There are no doubt a number of purpose-built tables for magicians depending on your setting, style and effects. Some quite expensive. It would be interesting to share your recommendations for performance tables. After looking for some while, here are two great, affordable options I've found. They can be customized, as I've done, to suit your own purposes. They're both quite portable and show well. The first is a portable bar height, lots of shelf space, but can be folded down and carried flat in a canvas bag. The other is also able to break down for transport, has a sold base with wheels, adjustable height. Just FYI.

Best Choice Products Portable High Top Pop Up Bar - Table W/ Carrying Case
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMFAXOG/ref......b9PQKADG
$55

Metal Tray with Stand (in Two Colors) By Skin Act (Black)
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANUFQB0/ref......bM7M10EK
$48

Paul Daniels had a great case/table. Michael Amman had an easy, economical idea for a worker's table. There are some plans for practical busker's tables out there. There are also some with clever approaches to wells/servantes. What's worked for you or caught your eye?
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1591 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Nice table. How does it travel. Easy to bring in/out of gigs. Here is what I am using these days. They are pretty sturdy.
https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Laptop-Projec......od+table
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
Steve Schneider makes custom magic tables that are top notch, like the ones you see in the castle. I have one.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Quote:
On May 7, 2017, halejs wrote:
There are no doubt a number of purpose-built tables for magicians depending on your setting, style and effects. Some quite expensive. It would be interesting to share your recommendations for performance tables. After looking for some while, here are two great, affordable options I've found. They can be customized, as I've done, to suit your own purposes. They're both quite portable and show well. The first is a portable bar height, lots of shelf space, but can be folded down and carried flat in a canvas bag. The other is also able to break down for transport, has a sold base with wheels, adjustable height. Just FYI.

Best Choice Products Portable High Top Pop Up Bar - Table W/ Carrying Case
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EMFAXOG/ref......b9PQKADG
$55

Metal Tray with Stand (in Two Colors) By Skin Act (Black)
-- https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ANUFQB0/ref......bM7M10EK
$48

Paul Daniels had a great case/table. Michael Amman had an easy, economical idea for a worker's table. There are some plans for practical busker's tables out there. There are also some with clever approaches to wells/servantes. What's worked for you or caught your eye?

Hi Halejs,

Have you actually bought and used these tables. Just curious before I make the financial plunge Smile
troy thornton
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of troy thornton
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Magic Patrick wrote:
Nice table. How does it travel. Easy to bring in/out of gigs. Here is what I am using these days. They are pretty sturdy.

I use this my self, love it very sturdy. and portable.
Emory Kimbrough
View Profile
New user
Tuscaloosa, AL
94 Posts

Profile of Emory Kimbrough
My main table is one I built myself, but I also have a Worx Sidekick table that I purchased at my local Lowe's home-improvement store. Home Depot also carries them, as does Amazon. This table folds in half, and the legs quickly collapse to store inside the folded table. It's very light, compact, and easy to carry when collapsed, but quite sturdy when set up. It's designed for workshop use and has several built-in features making it very handy if you're a DIY / home-improvement / woodworker kinda guy. (It has a ruler, wells to hold small tools or hardware, and holes for bench dogs). So, you may get double use out of this. It's designed to take a beating. When you click the link below, you'll see that it definitely has a workshop-looking top on it. BUT THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM - I hired a woman who does custom sewing to make a nice-looking cover for the table, embroidered with my name on the front, and with numerous pockets to hold close-up magic sewn on the back. With the cover on, you'd swear it was built just for magic.

https://www.amazon.com/WORX-WX066-Sideki......sidekick

I also had Pattrick's Magic Services (pattricksmagic.com) make an embroidered close-up mat for me, cut to the perfect size to fit on this table with just the right amount of border. Pattrick can make mats of almost any dimension, so I highly recommend getting one sized to match whatever table you build or buy.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Great find, Emory! Putting that one on the list!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
MaveriQ
View Profile
New user
Dayton, Ohio
34 Posts

Profile of MaveriQ
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2018, Magic Patrick wrote:

Bought this after reading on here. Working great! Thanks for the recommendation!
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2018, Emory Kimbrough wrote:
My main table is one I built myself, but I also have a Worx Sidekick table that I purchased at my local Lowe's home-improvement store. Home Depot also carries them, as does Amazon. This table folds in half, and the legs quickly collapse to store inside the folded table. It's very light, compact, and easy to carry when collapsed, but quite sturdy when set up. It's designed for workshop use and has several built-in features making it very handy if you're a DIY / home-improvement / woodworker kinda guy. (It has a ruler, wells to hold small tools or hardware, and holes for bench dogs). So, you may get double use out of this. It's designed to take a beating. When you click the link below, you'll see that it definitely has a workshop-looking top on it. BUT THAT'S NOT A PROBLEM - I hired a woman who does custom sewing to make a nice-looking cover for the table, embroidered with my name on the front, and with numerous pockets to hold close-up magic sewn on the back. With the cover on, you'd swear it was built just for magic.

https://www.amazon.com/WORX-WX066-Sideki......sidekick

I also had Pattrick's Magic Services (pattricksmagic.com) make an embroidered close-up mat for me, cut to the perfect size to fit on this table with just the right amount of border. Pattrick can make mats of almost any dimension, so I highly recommend getting one sized to match whatever table you build or buy.

I just picked this table up and it works like a dream! It's light, quick, remarkably stable. It's also exceedingly ugly, but a 90" round table cloth covers it perfectly! Thanks again for the find!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings;
I have 7 tables, from Suitcase tables to Briefcase tables, each has its own good points
as well as bad points. When I perform close up, I used to keep everything in a Briefcase Table
with a detachable base. It involved two parts to carry, the top (case) and the base.

For the stand-up act, the suitcase filled my needs, however, they are heavy as well as being
bulky to transport.

My biggest problem was finding the right table for my lectures. Recently I acquired a table
from R B Tableworks and am totally pleased with it. The table has a half moon shape and is large
enough for spreading out during my lectures. The plush upholstered top is classy and I have had
many very nice comments on it. Mine came with the optional heavy duty slip over cover for the top
and I just recently had a canvas case with shoulder strap made to slip it in for easy carry.

The table weighs only 16 lbs. total and goes from compact to performance ready in less than a
minute. These tables are custom made by Ron Bell and he does a top notch job on them. I like the
ability of being able to tilt the top when explaining a routine to provide optimum viewing from
people attending a lecture.

I have no financial interest in Ron's business but when something has this much impact on making
me look good, then I am happy to recommend them. You can check them out at www.ronbelltables.com
In all the lectures I have done so far since having this table, I have always been asked where did
you get that table, so people do notice quality in a professional performance table.

Just my two cents, for what it is worth to you all.

All the Best
Marty
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
After much searching, I found a metal vintage suitcase that’s 32”x14”x8 that is big enjoy ugh for all my props for busking. I put it on a tray stand and it’s perfect height for cups and balls or other routines. Being metal the suitcase provides soldi surface for performing.

I have sign stored on inside of suitcase lid. It has mangets on it, so I take it out and easily attach it to front of suitcase. I could easily attach a servante on back if I’d like.

Suitcase was $10 on Craigslist, and tray stand was $5.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Because I am usually on my mobility scooter, I bought this one from Amazon. It works well, especially because I am generally doing period events, e.g. California Gold Rush or ren faires.

https://www.amazon.com/LapDesk-Schoolhou......lap+desk

Click here to view attached image.
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
44 Posts

Profile of judagar
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2018, Peckham wrote:
Steve Schneider makes custom magic tables that are top notch, like the ones you see in the castle. I have one.

I now have one. it is beyond gorgeous. If you want a PRO TABLE, call steve!
Peckham
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of Peckham
I’m having Steve make me another one!
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
How does one contact Steve Schneider? Thanks!
thorny457
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of thorny457
Does Steve Schneider have a website? How can you view his tables?
Thanks
thorny457
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of thorny457
Does anyone know where you can find design plans to duplicate a Tommy Wonder closeup table. Does anyone make the table and sell them.
Cleverpaws
View Profile
Regular user
Northern California
156 Posts

Profile of Cleverpaws
Could someone post a photo of what this table looks like? I’m sure I can build one or a few if people are interested.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Tables (4 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL