The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Arkansas. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bogie
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bogie
Hello. I am getting back into magic after about a 15 year absence. Early 90s I was doing a lot of local shows and stayed busy. However things happen and I gave all my magic collection including my BOOKS away to an upcoming magician before moving off. I am 45 and just a few months ago down at the slot car track, a child came up to me with a deck of cards and all of the sudden my interest was rekindled and now I am back at it.

I found this forum and thought I would join up and see what friends I could make and new things I could learn!

Scott
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome bogie,

And welcome back to Magic. Sorry to hear you got rid of your Magic and BOOKS.

Try and think of it as a way to get a fresh approach to your Magic. (But... if you Make a list of your most regretful losses, perhaps you can re-buy some on the Café in the "Lets make a Magic Deal" section.) You may need 50 posts to see this area.

What kind of shows were you doing? Are you wanting to get back into performing local shows or more of a hobbiest?

-Mary Mowder
bogie
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of bogie
Hello Mary. Yeah I have just recently gotten two books that I once had. In the 90s the local magic shop really helped me out. They encouraged me to do birthday parties. One day I walked into the shop and the owner hands me two cases of the cheap BALL AND VASE and said you are gonna need these, then he handed me a phone number and told me to call them. We have a large convention center here and they were looking for someone to walk around and do magic during the events. I wouldn't get paid but I got to hand out cards. He gave me those two cases so I could give out a TRICK!!!!!! Wonderful man. So after that I was booking 2-3 birthday parties on the weekends and a few company dinners and picnics. I was NERVOUS as all get out. I was young and bitter and wanted to prove I could fool people.

Today I am MUCH happier and love people. I no longer want to fool anyone I just want to share the magic! Our town is growing in the direction like Beale street in Memphis. Lots of avenues for a working magician.

Right now I am having a blast hanging out at the slot car track doing magic and I walk around the mall and perform for strangers and of course my favorite book store/coffee shop!

I actually have a love for the art and the interactions it allows me to experience with others!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello from Arkansas. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL